[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Raspberry Pi General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: download.png (7KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 200x252px
What are you creating with your Pi?
Project ideas?
>>
>>57240253
Lately making an emulator box with retropie, I have people willing to pay for them
Also made a small plug-and-play video looper mostly for event promotions and background video, DJs and promoters can just plug it in and it will automatically loop whatever videos are on a usb drive. Also have people willing to pay for this
Other than that not much. Did the ftp, web hosting, etc things but got bored.
>>
>>57240366
Nice work. What version of pi do you use?

I'm implementing a neural net on a pi2. Going to train it with 60,000 images. Curious to see how long it'll take to train. Scaling down the nodes in the hidden layer, also curious to see how high the accuracy will be.
>>
>>57240398
Any SBC is valid bro.
>>
>>57240469
Sweet.

Trying to decide between an odroid c2, orange pi pc plus, and a d2550 mini itx board. Going to use it for a low cost HTPC for 1080p video playback, also youtube and 4chan.

Thoughts on which one, or alternatives for further considerations?

Why hasn't anyone made a low cost alternative with a Helio x10 or some other powerful but older SoC?
>>
Anyone running fedora 25? Vc4 was unbearably laggy for me, but it doesn't seen to be the typical experience.
>>
mini home server + plex. works well. also tried to use it to encode mp4s with ffmpeg. didn't work so well.
>>
Plugging a raspi into a radio to probably not violate any fcc rules
>>
File: 41oyVR9MTBL.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41oyVR9MTBL.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>57241747

Fuck the FCC. Pump Up the Volume!!!!!
>>
I'm getting a quick job to pay for some water cooling fuckery
>>
>inb4 the same omega autist complaining about raspberry pi threads
>>
Turned mine into a VPN with a wifi adapter so steal neighbors WEP wifi.

Any ideas on what to do with his network?
>>
>>57241862
Don't lock yourself into it.
Unless you're getting AIO cooling, in which case definitely don't.
>>
>the sub-domains for my website direct to it
>SSH server
>web server for stupid static stuff
>can deploy Django/Flask or Node.js shit
>central point for command line coding and git commits
>torrents
>API scraper for stock exchange data feeds
>...if bored switch household media server
>...if bored switch to classic console emulator
>>
>>57240253
Mirai honeypot
>>
>>57241934
My plan is absolutely fucking stupid, but I want to turn my Pi 1B into effectively a 2. I have a small heatsink on the chips right now, but I have a large Dell heatsink I'm going to mount to a plastic box with the Pi upside down on top of it, with the majority of the sink in the water/fluid. It may as well be foolproof, all I need is to set up a shitty pump and radiator
>>
>>57240253
Turn it in to a literal refrigerator box.
>>
my pi zero does the following

hosts my personal vpn server
hosts my personal mail server
hosts my nas
seeds my torrents
runs my meme scraper

clocking in at blazing 105/512 MB used memory and 0.10 15-muinute load average

it's a nice $5 meme chip
>>
>>57242231
that's awesome
>>
what's the current record for a beowulf cluster?
>>
>>57242481
>>
>>57241747

You're doing God's work.

Fuck the FCC.
>>
>>57240403
the same can be done on any pc with use rspbr?
>>
I'm currently waiting for a camera module for my rpi which I will put in the peephole of my front door.
My though is to use Haar-cascades to see when there are people outside or facing the door and email me a pic of them so I don't have to walk there myself to justify not opening the door.
>>
>>57243746
Depending on the accuracy and speed of it I might add an actuator to unlock the door if I'm standing outside, but I don't know how reliable that would be yet
>>
>>57242231
Amazing
>>
Make personal assistant
>>
>>57240403
I want to get into this; What's the best software to use?
>>
Was going to use my zero to make a 2 player bartop arcade machine, but will just use a spare PC instead (and throwin an old cheap gpu).

My thoughts are it would be nice to use dolphin on it and hook up 2 controllers on top of the arcade setup for 4 player action. I know the pi could do all this too but it seems easier on a pc and idk if thebpi can drive ssbb with dolphin.

Opinions?
>>
I have an Orange Pi PC that is currently doing Einstein@Home, Asteroids@home and Universe@Home tasks but I am going to drop the Einstein@Home because it doesn't generate enough credit and my desktop gets way more credit for the GPU tasks which it can blast through in half an hour each.

I'm going to buy more Orange Pi PCs and make it into a cluster.
>>
>>57245116
How do you cluster the SBC together? I'd like to cluster a few pis.
>>
Hosting my gitlab
>>
I wanted to use mine as a seedvox vut apparently my Raspi 1 can't power voth a wifi dongle and an external HDD.
>>
>>57246163
did you try using an externally powered usb hub? Thats what I ended up doing.
>>
>>57247211
That's the plan
Which huv did you use? I don't wanna vuy one and find out it doesn't work
>>
>>57247305
A company called "Gearhead" made it. Its shaped like a square donut oddly enough. I also rebuilt a Verizon LG-vs950 which is a strange almost square shaped "phablet" I plan on plugging in via usb and running that program that lets you turn one of your usb ports into a network interface and the pi "headless" but with the phone running remote desktop software. Thats the idea anyways. Ive seen similar done on ebook readers.
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>57248058
>Update
>pic related
hub is on left, and some other random stuff i have that i planned on using in the same project. As I said the phone is very oddly shaped so I figured its perfect for this
>>
>>57245053
if you're going to be running Brawl I think the spare pc is your best option
>>
>>57240253
Got to

Pi #1 is running OpenELEC
Pi #2 is running RetroPi + ZeroNet + H@H + Seedbox + File server

Maybe Pi #2 should also run Tor, but dunno. Lovin'em
>>
>>57240253

Any SBC with well-documented booting sequence and components? Would like to do some OS development on non-x86s.
>>
>>57241922
torrent
seed box
>>
Using it to bridge its onboard wifi to ethernet. Works pretty well on my desktop and almost never cuts out compared to the wifi extender. The hardware in it is more than enough to take the 20mpbs bandwidth that goes through it (don't think original pi would be able to handle it) at points but the lan chip gets too hot to touch.
>>
Is it possible to make a thermal vision headset with a pi?

Where could I get a sensor?
>>
>>57244611
Underrated post. Glad I found about it.
>>
Finally ready to get my torrent box setup. Drives, Powered USB hub, What.CD account.
>>
>>57251034
Sweet. I should run a torrent box alongside my bridge but no storage. Any way to share read/write files over ethernet with my desktop?
>>
>>57250709
Maybe the beaglebone black, or an rpi
>>
>>57243746
Thats pretty fucking cool. No more standing up to see if it is your pizza or some Jehovah witnesses.
>>
What can I do with it?
>>
i'd quite fancy getting my hands on one of these computers, but does it support any other OS than that raspbian one properly? like the arm version of debian or ubuntu etc? anyone had experience with it??
>>
>>57252588
Make a cheap NAS
>>
I have one in my living room working as a general entertainment center (OSMC + RetroPie), and I bought a second one to act as a botnet-free ARM/Linux box.
>>
Using mine as a mpd server and irc client in my bedroom. The fact it makes no noise is great.
>>
Zigbee control bridge. Based on openWrt.
>>
>>57244611
This is exactly what I've been looking for.

IoT needs to be 100% open source if we're going to avoid botnets.
>>
>>57245053
A Pi cannot handle dolphin. Right now it maxes out at N64
>>
>>57253715
>IoT
I know this a version of windows that runs on a pi but what the hell does IoT stands for? Been driving crazy since I saw it
>>
>>57241747
Do pi-fm its dope and pretty powerful
>>
>>57254890
Internet of Things. Like Nest Thermometers, hughes light bulbs, smart TV and fridges. Anything hooked up to the internet that has no business being on the web.

It's what shut down the internet last week.
>>
>>57255062
I always wanted to build a shortwave/am/fm radio that has a nixie tube display. I figured arduino would be better choice for that.
>>
>>57240253
Just set up pi-hole on my router. It works pretty well, at least my zero is doing something instead of being useless.
>>
>>57242231
why do you host your own email? Also how the fuck do you use it as a meme scraper?
>>
>>57255189
So, Windows Internet of Things...
Some lameass idiots at marketing they got there.
>>
>>57240253
Amazon Echo clone.
Test server for Alexa skills.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.