[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

xtra-pc General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: innovation.png (171KB, 1369x881px) Image search: [Google]
innovation.png
171KB, 1369x881px
https://www.xtra-pc.com

How does it work, /g/?
>>
Well, I'd hazard to say it's running Linux of some kind, maybe a fork. Probably put it in, boot off it, there ya go. No bloat or anything, just based Linux.
>>
>>57239929
There is no way that the target demographic of this could figure out booting from USB
>>
>>57239929
The video on the homepage mentions it works even on PCs with broken HDD or no HDD. That means it's booting from the USB stick, probably running some Linux based thing, maybe Splashtop.
>>
>>57240424
that's because it has an autorun.exe that puts the PC into boot-usb mode and reboots.
>>
>>57239929
Is that last one a fucking rebrand of a Sandisk Ultra?
>>
>>57242712
I believe so, yes.
>>
>>57242712
It seems so friendo, I have 2 of them in the drawer and look exactly the same.
>>
It's literally just a Linux distro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzKQGGzZdGY

https://www.xtra-pc.com/s/Source-Code-1.pdf
>>
Literally paying $80 for a USB stick with pre-installed Linux you can get from Amazon for $27
>>
>>57243600

Your grandmother who is bitching about the Pentium 3 Dell budgetbox filled with a dozen browser toolbars and "free" slot machine games that she bought back in 2002 being "too slow" doesn't know how to fucking create a bootable USB stick.

Companies like this are shitty but they have a solid demographic - computer illiterate idiots.
>>
>>57243627
>implying she'll be able to boot from a USB regardless of what she chooses to spend her money on
>>
File: RobertDownJr.jpg (570KB, 1559x914px) Image search: [Google]
RobertDownJr.jpg
570KB, 1559x914px
>>57239929
>For a person too technologically illiterate to make their own USB Linux drive
>Same person must figure out how enter their BIOS, boot from USB, and then work with Linux

Does this person even exist?
>>
>>57243627
Sure, but
>>57243668
makes a very valid counter-argument.
Making a bootable Linux USB drive isn't hard, there's tools that even download the image for you, you just select the distro.
>>
>>57243668

Don't most consumer grade mobos have USB as the primary boot device by default?

If anything, they have a customer support number that is guaranteed to be staffed 100% by bored pajeets who are trained solely with "Ok sir now what I need you to do sir is to turn off your computer and then turn it back on and while you are turning it on press the F2 key sir"
>>
>>57239929
It seems to me like somebody looked at the ReadyBoot meme and thought "Let's rebrand this and push it to the tards as a cheap RAM expansion with some pseudo-overclocking voodoo"
>>
File: 1475505766000.gif (82KB, 175x173px) Image search: [Google]
1475505766000.gif
82KB, 175x173px
Wew, reminds me of those "antivirus pci cards"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.