[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEADPHONE PORT REMOVED FROM 2016 MACBOOK PRO CONFIRMED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: applemacbookprosurveyquestion.jpg (29KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
applemacbookprosurveyquestion.jpg
29KB, 600x446px
Audiofags on suicide watch
>>
Screencap this
>>
How can you be not sure if you use the headphone port or not? What kind of bullshit survey is that
>>
get me in the screencap
>>
Hi
>>
Anyone who actually works with audio on his computer does so using a USB interface. Everyone else who just wants to listen to music will be fine with Bluetooth. No one will miss the headphone jack. BFD
>>
god bless apple, i hate wires
>>
>>57239833
>Not sure
Kek
>>
>>57240024
Know your audience. Don't ask questions that can confuse and alienate them.

>Apple users
>>
>>57240024
It's for iToddlers that don't know what a headphone jack is.
>>
File: HAHAHAHA.png (96KB, 1000x474px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHA.png
96KB, 1000x474px
>>57240058
>"god bless apple, i hate wires"
>he says as he puts on his tethers so as not to lose his wireless earphones and securely tucks the earphones into his panties
>>
>>57240033
I know you're being ironic but still fuck you

also include me in the screencap too please hi mom
>>
File: apple2016octeventbing.png (182KB, 1024x784px) Image search: [Google]
apple2016octeventbing.png
182KB, 1024x784px
>>57239833
one more thing to add onto the bingo
>>
>>57240103
i am most certainly not wearing panties....
>>
>>57240125
Kinky.
>>
File: apple bingo.jpg (424KB, 1500x1941px) Image search: [Google]
apple bingo.jpg
424KB, 1500x1941px
>>57240124
>not using the official card
>>
>>57239833
you don't need it. just touch each of your index fingers to the corners of the OLED bar. completing the circuit, you will hear the music internally without disrupting those around you.

C O U R A G E
O
U
R
A
G
E
>>
>>57240125
The straps ARE the panties. It's a g-string.
>>
>>57240136
the other one was started a lot before your "official" card an it is better too
>>
File: 1476675302288.png (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1476675302288.png
67KB, 230x230px
>>57239833
Daily reminder that Applel did not remove the 3.5 mm audio jack for "innovation" or a "wireless future". It's a pathetic cash grab. Everything I say can be verified through Google, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go, Bing, etc. Now it's time for a simple explanation.

>free as in freedom
The 3.5 m audio jack is an open standard, meaning anyone and everyone can use this port for no cost except for the labor and raw materials put into it. This means cheap and universal accessories. Sounds great to me and everyone else, right?

>proprietary ports and how they can be used for good and evil
An example of a good proprietary port is HDMI. It has become ubiquitous in personal computers, televisions, DVD players, and gaming consoles all over the world. Lightning is a good example of a proprietary port being used for evil. Instead of allowing anyone to use the lightning port, Apple keeps it to themselves. They went so far as to specially design their serial bus of their mobile devices to reject uncertified cables for data transfer and charging. This means the user has wasted $5-20 because Apple got ass blasted over accessory certification, which ties into the next part.

>the cash grab
Now for both HDMI and Lightning, any third party manufacturer has to pay royalties for the use of the design. In a perfect world this would be fine. Capitalism as usual right? Nope. The royalties for HDMI range from $0.01 to $0.15 per unit. A unit is an individual port or cable or adapter just to make this clear. Apple charges $4 a unit. Now that the 3.5 mm headphone jack is out of the way, Apple will probably receive triple they royalties for third part accessories created. This is abusing the user.

Fucking iCucks will defend this.
>>
>>57240259
>This is abusing the user.
Macfags are kinky like that.
See:
>>57240125
>>
>>57240259
If you hadn't spent so much time hyperventilating your ineffectual rage against Apple, you might have noticed they're pushing customers toward wireless (Bluetooth-compatible) headphones, not Lightning.
>>
>>57240051
This is true. Even thought the DAC/Amp on the Pro models are pretty decent, anyone who cares about fidelity will buy an external dac/amp. Cirrus logic dacs are also seriously prone to higher THD+N if you don't have efficient enough headphones, i.e. Sennheiser HD650 or any other 300 ohm headphone.
>>
File: 1476676277626.jpg (53KB, 1002x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1476676277626.jpg
53KB, 1002x1199px
>>57240317
I bet they shitpost with leather suits and ball gags on, fucking fags.

>>57240342
I'm right, you're wrong. Get over it.
>>
>>57239833
>Not sure
kek
>>
>make script to mass answer no to the question
>6 months later new MacBook Pro released
>no headphone jack
>laugh at Apple again
>>
>>57240342
I haven't been following the whole thing with apple, but pushing BT headphones still isn't a good compromise. Sales for cheap USB DACs will be higher than ever.
>>
>>57239833
>have the money to buy a overpriced macbook pro
>doesn't buy a good thunderbolt audio interface
Anyone who buy a mac other than for doing music is retarded anyway
>>
>>57240259
Shoulda mentioned the fact that despite shilling 'wireless future' they still haven't included wireless charging because that standard belongs to other companies.
>>
R.I.P. headphones
>>
>>57240051

Anyone who cares remotely cares about audio fidelity isn't using a Mac to listen to it. DAC or not.
>>
>>57240259
Bootoot is da footure
>>
>not sure

lol macs are for girls
>>
>>57239833
>remove headphone jack to save money on paying licensing fees
>lose shitload of money because noone wants to rebuy more headphones that are easily lost
>>
>>57240342

Wireless only audio is poor, poor standard to push people towards.

It's great in cars, where the usage of a car is typically personal (meaning pairing/unpairing your phone is easy), where quality is not that big a deal (the "room" is full of acoustically bad materials to begin with), and other data can be transferred with it (Call Data and Contacts, map instructions, and more).

For audio exclusively, Bluetooth performs poorly in quality, flexibility, and longevity. You can plug headphones from the 1980's into (most) modern smartphones with absolutely no problems and listen to music with them. For nostalgia, maybe they were high-end for their time, maybe they offer unique features or qualities.
Will earpods from 2016 still even work by 2026? Just a decade later? Will their Li-Po batteries till be cable of holding a charge? Will users be able to replace the drivers or ICs if they fail? Will their version of Bluetooth still be usable on a wide range of devices by then?
I've got headphones/earbuds from 2006 that work perfectly and sound wonderful still. No built-in batteries or ICs, some have easily replaced cables and components, and work with anything that has a 3.5mm headphone jack by default.

Moving to wireless only/preferred is a cash-grab no matter how you look at it.
>>
Is now a good time to import 1000 pairs of USB-C headphones to resell to normies?
>>
>>57240024
It allows a survey taker to answer neither yes or no without forcing them to "guess" an answer.

Some people would rather not share information and it allows them to do so without biasing one of the answer choices. Otherwise a certain percentage of yes/no may be false submissions.

Having an "I don't know" is generally taught as a good survey design even though it might not always be very appropriate
>>
>>57240051
>USB interface
Yeah, that won't work good with only one port available.
>>
>>57239833
>headphone port
>not sure option

I would feel insulted if I had to fill that survey
>>
>>57240124
No ESC
>>
JUST

one

more

THING

my shit up
>>
>>57240342
>you might have noticed they're pushing customers toward wireless (Bluetooth-compatible) headphones
So they can sell that special processor they have to 3rd parties in order to have maximum feature support from their bluetooth products, which is like a royalty.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.