[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>macs are better for graphic design Where did this meme start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x358px
>macs are better for graphic design
Where did this meme start?
>>
During the early days of CGI and digital animation.
At that time, a lot of big movie studios bought tons of Macs because they were actually ahead of Windows at the time and people stuck with it.
>>
Pretty sure Photoshop is always built for Mac first, and then ported badly to Windows.

This has been true since what, 1996? I don't even know
>>
Macs are objectively better for software development than Windows (unless you're a .NET dev in which case kill you'reself)
>>
>>57234871
Photoshop runs faster on Windows then on OSX.
>>
>>57234871
Seems the same to me

t. Someone who has run cs5 - cc on both
>>
>>57234871
That's an urban myth.
>>
>>57234871
1990, the first version was only for macintosh, it wasn't until 2.5 that they made a windows version

this and other archaic reasons are the reason, just looking at the current status there's no difference
>>
>>57234884
That's not the case, those niggas >>57234858 >>57234871 are right.
It's just considered traditionally. Though, Macs are still pushed somewhat as multimedia editing computers.
>>
>>57234817
It started when it was actually true, during the PowerPC days.
>>
Hipsters is the real answer.
>>
>>57235036
>during the 68000 days
FTFY
>>
>>57235098
Either way my point is that it's a relic of the days when Macs weren't just run of the mill x86 machines
>>
>>57234817
From Yank artschools that used MACs because of good contract.
>>
File: sgi.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sgi.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>57234858
Indeed. The Amiga was also very popular, but mostly with smaller home and local TV studios (Video Toaster omg).

The top-professionals used SGI machines with IRIX though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45nbzMLk98
>>
>>57235117
Yes
>>
>>57235141
nope
>>
>>57235166
Yup, Europe gave 0 fucks about Macs at the time of "MACS FOR CGI" bullshit.
>>
>>57234871
Can kinda confirm.
>friend started collecting 80s/90s computers
>gets one of the iMacs
>has Photoshop preinstalled
>able to handle relatively big (for the specs) pictures without any slowdown
I don't have a singlelicious snack to satisfact this back up though, just muh anecdotes.
>>
>>57235235
Nope. There once was a time when Macs were superior machines. That's where this comes from.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.