[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn how to hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: hack1.png (7KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
hack1.png
7KB, 175x175px
I am a first year student of a CS degree, and I have a question for you people in /g/.
Which webpage, method, etc, did you use to learn? Do you know any webpage that is made to learn by hacking into it?
I now Python, Java, the basics of C++ and Bash.
>>
File: Hackerman.jpg (141KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hackerman.jpg
141KB, 960x640px
Go ask Hackerman
>>
>>57231216
overthewire.org

check websites with ctfs rankings
>>
>>57231275
Thanks, that's useful.
>>
is hackthissite still a thing? start there

a lot of your hacking skill will derive from your technical knowledge overall, so keep up to date.

learn C and assembly. learn how networks work. SQL, PHP/HTML/JS. hone your Python and bash skills, you'll need them in a pinch.

oh, and learn how people work. social engineering is easier and more effective than hacking through solely technical methods

CTFs are great experience. maybe find a team?
>>
>>57231216
install gentoo
>>
>>57231318
Thanks, but what is a CTF?
>>57231324
Is a linux OS used to hack, right?
>>
>>57231345
CTF is capture the flag, https://ctftime.org/ctf-wtf/
>>
hack what?

games, software, webapps?

there's no such field as "hacking", if you mean all then it will take along time to be like, "ace of all trades"
of hacking, which is nearly impossible.

find a field, then develop yourself in it, if it's software hacking - reverse engineering/exploitation techniques,
of course, C/C++ and assembly is vital, the API of the OS of the applications you're auditing also an understanding of TCP/IP
too if you want to exploit binaries remotely.

webapps? well common web server-side languages, JS will help too, if you want to be able to perform client-side
attacks.

there's no perfect introduction to hacking, well being good at code is the introduction, don't be one of these retards
that bootups kali linux and believes learning all the tools will make u a 1337 mr.robot hacker. learn to fucking audit,
find your own vulns and be able to exploit them - this is what true hacking is and by this and by this - you'll find ways in
that a pentester would normally miss, harvesting 0day is vital to a hacker, also you'll learn how to bypass a lot of security precautions
which with most tools will leave you stuck with, it doesn't pay to be a skid. if youre some network admin that doesn't want to waste time
then the "kali linux" route isn't bad, but if you're looking to be an actual hacker, then it is bad. destroying bad habits straight away will benefit you in
the long run.
>>
sent ;-)
>>
>>57231275
not op, how far will i actually get learning this stuff? i usually go like up to 12 on bandit but get distracted and never finish

if i knew its extremely useful i might go all for it
>>
>>57231216
Find shitty sites with SQL injection vulnerabilities.
>>
I have some interest in hacking too, specially in malware development. Im planning to learn Assembly this year and then go to C/C++. I already know Python. Any tips?
>>
>>57231216
Here is a good one. Slot of information to read and a community of help. They encourage you to test your knowledge on their site. Hope this helps www.hackthissite.org
>>
File: hackmud.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
hackmud.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
try HackMud. It won't teach you how to hack, but at least you'll get to pretend and have fun.
>>
>>57233755
can i get the multiplayer aspect of the game without buying it
>>
>>57236354
Yeah just hack it
>>
>>57231216
Specify the category of what you wanna hack. There is too many things to do everything by yourself.
For example if you wanna write rootkits you go with assembly and kernels knowledge or if you wanna hack people via web you need to know about ethernet, firewalls and shit like this.
>>
>>57231275
>>57231318
>>57231561
>>57231758
>>57233524
>>57237991
>/g/ actually being useful and replying unironically in a "gee how to be 1337 h4ck0r?? xdxd" thread
Have we made the full circle now?
Is this good or bad?
>>
i Will Ask here

i'm a dba, and I becoming quite interested in the security field

Which route would you suggest me to take?

I've done some sql injections for shits and giggles my past
>>
https://www.infinitycomplex.org/forum/ here you go bro.
>>
File: 1476709408426.jpg (1017KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476709408426.jpg
1017KB, 1920x1080px
>>57231216
if you have to ask you will never be better than a script kiddie.
>>
I became a third year student and took Junior electives in penetration testing, network security, and software vulnerabilities.
>>
>>57231216
Get some books on ethical pentesting.
>>
So this is somewhat related to hacking, what is something fun to do after getting root access?
>>
DVWA - Damn Vulnerable Web Application
>>
There is a new mooc Fi course on cyber security that just started today, you should check it out
>>
>>57239225
Sometimes people get so bored of shitposting they give helpful advice instead.
>>
How I can get into malware analysis/development? I currently know C at a decent level and I'm learning C++.
>>
File: CEHWoop.png (2KB, 148x148px)
CEHWoop.png
2KB, 148x148px
I bought the CEH v9 book and the gray hat hacking book, But, the gray hat book had a readme on a link, does anyone know where I can get previous files? The link: www.mhprofessional.com/getpage.php?c=computing_downloads.php&cat=112

If you have access to the readme file could you post it please?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.