[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ From your experience What technology and programming language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: node.png (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
node.png
24KB, 500x500px
/g/
From your experience

What technology and programming language is the fastest to learn and the best to find job?

js + node + angular + html + css
java + spring?

Everyday I see on r/learnprogramming threads

>Year ago I did not know anything, now thanks to this website and that framerwork I have my first programming job.

How the fuck?

is 90% of reddit geniuses or?
>>
don't be a fucking hipster just learn C and work on embedded systems
>>
>>57229557
Well, maybe 90% of reddit posters are pajeets... Where I live, all programmer positions require a BSc or MSc in a science or technology field.
>>
>>57229564
You have no idea what embeded system mean
>salary few times lower than js/c#/java programmer
>extremly shitty ide that hurts physcialy to use
>niche job that is way more hipster than js and macbook
>>
>>57229557
It depends where you live. In some places javascript will be trendy, while others still use php.

Just start learning something and you'll be decent at programming in no time, it's really not that hard.
>>
>>57229625
I had one interview.
Questions from:
>Java
>Spring
>Hibernate
>Algos
>git/cvs
>agile/scrum

and there are simply people working after year of self study

its amazing
>>
>>57229557
Fastest to learn, while still useful: python
Best to find a job: Java
>>
>>57229802
Python is extremly comfy, but all job offers in my area require few years of documented experience, usually senior positions with very high salary.

Java is much less comfy but atleast its easier to get a job
>>
I went to uni for CS. I know lots of programming languages and theory. I write really efficient, readable code. I can pick up a new language or framework in a couple hours.

However, a colleague of mine taught himself basic js, html, and css + responsive design and sorta knows angularjs over like 2 or 3 years. He now makes more money than me.

The messed up thing is he was hired to write angular code and he's terrible at that. He actually brings his laptop to the bar with us and asks me to help him. With his higher paying job.
>>
>>57229828
Me again, to be fair I have refused to learn markup and responsive design. I much prefer backend, and people won't hire anyone for backend with less than 5 years experience. I'm working for a startup right now which automatically pays less, and my friend is very socially apt and good at interviewing. I'm just saying if you know responsive design and angularjs to a decent extent the world is your oyster. Eventually I will be paid much more and be far more desirable, though.
>>
>>57229828
will this trend end one day?

We have boom for websites right now, but in next 10-15 years, what are those web dev are going to do?

Companies do not want new webstive every 6 months
>>
>>57230367
but people are creating new companies with their "next big thing" every 6 months

overdesigned front end webdev shit is cancer though
>>
File: 23451236325.jpg (51KB, 445x531px) Image search: [Google]
23451236325.jpg
51KB, 445x531px
>Go for an interview
>Big company involved in a shit load of countries with HQs in 4
>Really laid back and casual, 10am start time
>So do you use any frameworks
>Nope
>Cool shit like raspi prototyping
Man I'm waiting on their call, fucking hyped about it.
>>
>>57230367
It's only going to get worse. In my opinion, the industry is moving away from applications and towards web apps. It makes sense, web technology is very mature and standardized. It's also cross platform by design. Though I think it will keep evolving for a while. Seems like people may use typescript or dart and compile it to javascript code for front end.
>>
>>57230484
Sounds like its worth to learn node.
>>
>>57230506
Node is neat but it's a backend runtime. It's gaining popularity right now but no one is sure if it's good or if it's a meme yet. Can't hurt to learn though, it's really easy. If you want a backend framework that's guaranteed to stick around for a while learn ASP.NET or spring.
>>
File: itsReal.gif (17KB, 180x236px) Image search: [Google]
itsReal.gif
17KB, 180x236px
>>57230544
pic kek
>>
>>57229828
Can you really earn that much money just with front end web development? Sounds too good to be true
>>
>>57229573
Where do you live?
Nowhere in the west do they require a diploma if you're an experienced programmer, or even a shit one, if they need young blood that they can leech off of for a decade or two.
>>
>>57229557
>>>/v/eddit
>>
>>57229557
From what I can see around me
>Ruby
>Java
>Angular.js / React
>>
I get paid pretty well by one of the big n companies to write nothing but C++ all day.

Hired out of college with a BS in CS.
>>
>>57232439
why?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.