[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Instant Messaging Apps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: prison.png (134KB, 1282x640px) Image search: [Google]
prison.png
134KB, 1282x640px
I need something to message with the senpai
what do you guys use?

>muh privacy
>instant messaging = messages get delivered even if source is offline after sending, and once destiny gets online
>NOT THE SAME AS A CHAT CLIENT

just tested this new craze of p2p clients, and the results are mixed

>ring
solid thing, also works on PC, but messages get lost behind some setups... it looks like a NAT issue

>bittorrent IM client (cant remember the name, bleem?!)
muh closed source, and even worse than ring on delivering messages

>bitmessage
blockchain based, it werks as expected, but no android, and the interface looks like a neat mail replacement (not IM)

server-less IM is my wet dream, but I have not found anything that works 100%
>>
>>57228796
I forgot

>kontalk
the only true alternative that works 100%
server-based, opensource
it werks, but no tech boner there
>>
>>57228796
>>57228816
Discord. it just werks.
>>
just use the one that most people you know already use. don't be the sperg that tries to get everyone else to download some niche thing that's probably going to be abandoned in a year.
>>
Matrix.org
Not serverless, but you can host your own server and not connect to the Federation and have all your friends join your server. (e2e patch in beta, you can run it on your own server)
Become Google.
>>
Xmpp is the answer.
Conversation as a client on android and ejabberd as a server on linux are fucking great.
>>
File: apple-touch-icon-180x180.png (6KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
apple-touch-icon-180x180.png
6KB, 180x180px
this is still my best bet for serverless
opensource, savoir-affair Linux

https://ring.cx/en

but the last update was in August, so it is starting to look abandoned

by the way, i love the icon

>>57229041
looks interesting
I can't deal with a machine 24/7 right now, so that is why I'm trying to find something that runs p2p
thanks for the info

>>57229096
i have used Conversation before, and it is really good
but i didn't find any server that supported offline messaging, so it just worked as a chat client: if destination is online you cant message it
>>
>>57229142
>online
>>
>>57229142
I can't comment on public xmpp servers since I never used one.
I host my own server comprised of centos and ejabberd.
Everything works flawlessly, the only feature that is missing is file sharing in group chat.
>>
>>57229258
well let me confirm

do ejabberd let you send messages to offline contacts?
>>
>>57229439
Yes it does.
You can even enable a module to save message history on the server itself (I advise you to not do that).
>>
>>57229477
nice
then it is the best option, having a server
free public xmpp doesn't allow offline messaging, so they are just offering chat services

fug
>>
>>57228796

who /threema/ here
>>
>>57229486
Ejabberd isn't really that resource demanding.
A raspberry pi should be good enough if you don't plan to have thousands of users.
>>
>>57229553
I'm rocking only mobile internet these days, so having a server is not an option right now

that and not having a botnet account is the main reason I'm interested in p2p messaging

it looks like a really good alternative to Zuckerberg and co
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.