[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All i want is a Blackberry Passport with full Android. Typing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: bbsilver.png (330KB, 670x357px) Image search: [Google]
bbsilver.png
330KB, 670x357px
All i want is a Blackberry Passport with full Android.

Typing on a glass fucking screen will never beat the tactile sensation from a physical keyboard, I don't care how many cunts tell me otherwise.
>>
just get the priv, autist.
>>
>>57228570

Worth a look I guess.
>>
Where my BB bros at?

There must be dozens of us!
>>
File: bbpss.jpg (99KB, 1600x884px) Image search: [Google]
bbpss.jpg
99KB, 1600x884px
HAPPENINGG

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/09/new-images-of-android-powered-blackberry-passport-emerge.html
>>
>>57228549
Same here OP

Currently delaying my free upgrade as im waiting to find out if the rumoured android passport is real
>>
>>57228686
I have a Q10, I only use it for work, but it does the jobby
>>
>>57228697
Happened. Some dude bought it and the BB mofos came to his door to take it back off him. It was a rollercoaster thread.
>>
>>57228549
That's why i regret buying one.
A $600 phone with NO apps.
>Can't use my bank app on it.
>Can't check my work schedule on it.
>Yahoo doesn't trust it.
It's a superior shit posting machine when compared to my 5s and has better battery life, If it ran android I swear it would be the perfect phone.
>>
Are BB phones the Thinkpads of phones?
>>
>>57228686
On the priv right now.
>>
>>57228686
Rocking a Q10 right now. Passport's in the mail, just bought it yesterday.
>>
>>57228902
found this article
http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/27/why-blackberry-never-released-an-android-powered-passport/

tl;dr the Android Compatibility Certification Document to which Android OEMs must adhere to, specifies that aspect ratios must be 4:3 or 16:9 on non-watch devices.

This means two things: the passport could see a release with a classy wristband and pretend to be a oversized watch. Or blackberry somehow manages to convince google to change the compatibility certification document without being laughed out of the room, or it's never gonna happen.

I've only heard about this phone now, but what's stopping people from flashing unofficial Android on the passport anyway?
>>
>>57228697
Fuck passport. I want a bb classic style instead
>>
>>57231543
>I've only heard about this phone now, but what's stopping people from flashing unofficial Android on the passport anyway?
How haven't you heard of the Passport? And security. Hardware security features verify that BB10OS is BB10OS before booting and good luck unlocking the bootloader.
>>
>>57230772

Yep, and BBOS10 is masterrace mobile os
>>
Fuck, I'm still running a Bold 9900. Anyone here ever setup a BESx instance on their home server? I don't want to pay for a BIS now that my work doesn't support BB anymore.
>>
>>57231999
And has no programs just like Linux
>>
>>57234377
But it can run Android apps
>>
>>57234439
Just like Wine can run Windows programs
>>
>>57234491
You're retarded.
>>
>>57234515
It's got at least one more update coming
>>
>>57234506
>hurr
That's how it works though. I've seen numerous Android apps that just don't work with BB10, and that's excluding those that just need Google Services (as it's not hard to install them). I own Q10 so I know. I accept that though, since BB10 gives superior experience anyway.
>>
>>57234620
No it's not. Wine is reverse engineering, BB10OS's Android runtime is literally using the Android runtime.
>>
>>57234641
With
>Just like Wine can run Windows programs
I wanted to point out that the effect is often the same, that is the program doesn't work and not to imply that they work in similar way. If I meant the latter I'd rather say:
>Just like Wine runs Windows programs
or use completely different construction to avoid misunderstandings.
>>
>>57234758
But it's not just like Wine since BB10OS actually uses Android's runtime. It's similar to Wine, but not just like it.
>>
>>57234790
Let me try again: Android app often don't work on BB10 just like Windows programs often don't work on Linux with Wine.

Note: I didn't mention the way they work anywhere.
>>
>>57234851
I'm not disagreeing with your statement, you fucking moron. I was just pointing out that your wording was poor.
>>
>>57234865
No, I already explained what I meant very clearly in >>57234758 and you replied with the same argument which would imply you do not agree with my statement or still don't understand it.
>your wording was poor
Perhaps your comprehension needs some honing. Try to notice the difference:
>Jim is like Jane.
>Jim runs like Jane does.
or
>BB10 is just like Wine
>BB10 runs Android apps just like Wine runs Windows programs
>>
>>57234976
And I'm saying I understood what you meant, just that your wording sucked. If you say it's just like something, that means that it's exactly like something, which would be false since Wine is a 3rd party implementation while BB10OS uses a 1st party one. Feel free to quit posting at any time.
>>
>>57235015
Duh, try finding the post where I said that BB10 is just like Wine. I said that BB10 runs Android apps just like Wine runs Windows programs.
>>
>>57235113
>try finding the post where I said that BB10 is just like Wine
Jesus anon you are beyond retarded. I never said nor implied that.
>I said that BB10 runs Android apps just like Wine runs Windows programs
This is what I'm talking about. That wording is wrong. I don't know how I could explain it any clearer, so I just won't bother. Enjoy being a fucking retard, I'm out.
>>
>>57235147
>I never said nor implied that
>If you say it's just like something, that means that it's exactly like something
Duh.

>That wording is wrong
Refer to >>57234758

I'm sorry for hurting your butt, I just have Logics classess tomorrow.
>>
>>57229731
> Yahoo not trusting something
> A Black Berry out of all things
top kek
>>
>>57235229
You can redirect me to your post that I've already read as many times as you want, it doesn't make you any less wrong.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.