[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do newer Android phones still lag over time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: android-logo.jpg (8KB, 480x350px) Image search: [Google]
android-logo.jpg
8KB, 480x350px
Thinking of getting a Pixel
>>
Does google exist?
>>
>>57228082
Nice meme. You should stay with Apple if your head is that full of shit
>>
This only reason androids would lag is from autists that think "hmmm if i run 15 apps i wont lag"

An android wouldn't lag if you actually knew how to use a smartphone
>>
By lag I take it you mean does it "feel" like it lags. The answer is yes. While it won't hang up on you or stutter, android still has issues with scrolling smoothly, typing, text selection and some other minor things.
>>
>>57228100
>>57228129
t. Pajeets
>>
>>57228082
Yes due to apps and background services:
If you follow Google's outdated guides on how to develop Android apps, those apps will lag.
Even Google's own apps do like Google Photos, which is too stupid to preload your images, so swiping between them will lag.
Then there a background services that will make your whole OS lag. Google Play Service can still do that.
>>
>>57230513
Just disable apps you dont use or flash a rom with no gapps
>>
>>57230539
>Just do all this nerd shit instead of it working out the box.

Go back to XDA rajesh
>>
>>57228158
>Minor things

You mean shit which ruins the user experience?

Fuck off Sanjdeep.
>>
>>57230651
>Hurr durr settings too complicated
Go use your itoy child
>>
>>57228158
That's on cheap phones
>>
>>57230673
>Flash a ROM with no gapps
>A mere settings moderation

GET OUT MOHAMMAD
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-09-16-29.png (69KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-09-16-29.png
69KB, 480x854px
>>57230696
>omg that's so hard, that's too much work

Your reading level must be low.
>>
>>57230539
no gapps severly limits your smartphone as most apps will want to use google play services:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/02/neither-microsoft-nokia-nor-anyone-else-should-fork-android-its-unforkable/

google photos is there by default and taking photos is one of the primary tasks of a smartphone, so everyone will be using it.

Most open-source apps (implied by no gapps) are a total disaster. Not even material-design and still written in Java 6 instead of Kotlin.

>>57230726
that's not google play service, retard
>>
>running the latest version of Android on the latest and greatest flagship phone
>3 months pass
>receive a text, pull phone out
>phone starts auto-updating apps when I turn it on
>everything slows way the fuck down for no apparent reason
>UI becomes largely unresponsive
>the update icon finally disappears
>finally, I can go back to what I was trying to do!
>takes a second for things to settle down
>finally get to send my text
>check Google Play afterward to see what updated
>wait a minute, it got memory managed out of existence
>nothing updated
>what the fuck
>get frustrated with phone for the nth time
>fuck it, I'm not even taking this thing into work with me
>go in and forget about it, go about my business
>finally lunch rolls around
>sitting in break room shooting the shit with my bro
>commotion outside, sirens
>go to window to look
>it's my fucking car
>my car is literally ablaze
>insurance totals it
>cause of fire: latest and greatest Android phone overheated and exploded
>insurance shenanigans aside, decide to pick up an iPhone
>it's great; design philosophy is great, UI is consistent across every app, all apps on the App Store is relatively high quality, App Store reviews are segregated by country (no Pajeets allowed), etc. No weird lag for no apparent reason after 3 months.
>tell /g/ about this
>Pajeet rages for all to see
>REEEEE JUST LEARN TO USE YOUR PHONE
>/g/ is now DESIGNATED
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-09-27-07.png (71KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-09-27-07.png
71KB, 480x854px
>>57230793
Simple disable, apps that need google to just use are not worth the time
>>
>>57230841
looks like a broken ROM that allows disabling that
bonus: still being on two-year old Android Lollipop
>>
>>57228082
This only happens to phones with heavy carrier bloat and OEM skins. Any Nexus, pixel, or Motorola phone that is running stock will not have this problem.
>>
>>57230960
Stock Rom and updated lollipop
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.