[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is MacOS/OSX such a massive fuckup?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: dat-handle-doe.png (100KB, 837x536px) Image search: [Google]
dat-handle-doe.png
100KB, 837x536px
I've encountered countless bugs. Just a minute ago, Finder didn't show any content under certain folders. The fix was to kill the task - not a problem for a /g/ tard, but holy shit muh usability
>just works
The login screen has at least 3 bugs that I've all found yesterday in a timeframe of 5 minutes:
with multiple users, sometimes it just doesn't show the ones that are logged in. Fix I found: go to sleep and wake up again
>just works
when you click on one of the users and hit escape (either well timed or just mash it), that user will move back to it's place in the list, but the others won't show up and won't be clickable
>just works
Our user accounts here work via network. I can log in at most PCs here (including this mac) without ever having sat infront of it. Sometimes though, it's just impossible to log in because it won't accept the password. Other users (also network accounts) can sign in without problems. Fix: wait until it works again, which can take days, reboots don't work either.
>just works
This one isn't a bug, just incredibly bad design:
Some window-dividers are handles for resizing (i.e. changing the height of the console in an IDE). In some cases, this handle is invisible, meaning that you can't see where you have to put the mouse in order to resize a subview.
>easy to use
The ungodly amount of key combinations to do the most simple tasks like maximizing a window.
>easy to use

and this is BY FAR not all, I'm sure you can provide more fuck ups.
I just don't understand how people keep claiming OSX has good usability, design and robustness.
Buyers remorse?
>>
Because it's an OS made by designers. It's much more buggy than most distros.
>>
>>57227970
Win fag!!
>>
>>57227984
windows isn't remotely as buggy as this shit
>>
I'm a former freeBSD user and have no problem with it. My favorite WM was dwm.

Just don't go saying it's a toddler OS, because it's not. It's a fucked up neckbeard OS called nextstep - systems for BSD users who want MS word.
>>
>>57227970
>linux
>want to use wifi
>works 4 out of 5 times
>want to use ethernet adapter
>doesn't work
>want to use Bluetooth
>lel no
>want to plug an external monitor
>screen flicker makes it unusable

Windows it's mostly fine but doesn't have a package manager and you can't really dev on a windows machine.

There's no perfect OS: stop whining, you manchild
>>
>>57228053
>you can't really dev on a windows machine
literally the most used OS for development
wtf?
>There's no perfect OS
macfags keep saying that it's fucking perfect and just works. It fucking doesn't. It's a badly designed, buggy OS and Apple and their sheep are arrogant enough to say it's mana
>>
>>57227970
OSX might be shit but it's the one OS that does hi-DPI displays right.
>>
>>57228000
Trips of truth
>>
>>57227970
Having stupid issues trying to reinstall an OSX right now.

>at work, so WPE2 Enterprise network
>simply doesn't work, despite it being listed as available and supported option
>try ethernet
>doesn't work, unless you disable WiFi before entering setup
>still can't connect to Apple servers to reinstall
>open a terminal to confirm internet connection
>ping google.com, works just fine
>close terminal
>nothing else happens, the window for selecting reinstall has disappeared
>have to reboot and enter recovery mode again, but since it's a reboot I can't be 100% sure the ethernet is working, because entering a terminal is apparently a point of no return

This sure is user friendly. I'm sure there's a command I can run to start the reinstall process from the terminal, but having everything just disappear after closing the window is dumb as fuck.
>>
File: 33546.jpg (783KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
33546.jpg
783KB, 2272x1704px
>>57228053
Useless greentext. The only issues i have are broadcom based (modprobe solve it). I have a mobile 3g modem and it's official driver literally make the windiws unbootable, on linux it's just werks. BT, lan works aswell. External mirroring is good too, tho i don't know what is screen flicker. If the thunar wouldn't have those stupid crashes, it would close to perfect.
>>
>>57228132
>If the thunar wouldn't have those stupid crashes, it would close to perfect.

When renaming files? This has been fixed now.
>>
>>57228077
>>you can't really dev on a windows machine

Yeah i never got why people say this either. Linux is very comfy for everything i do but i have workmates who do everything on windows just as well. Its all relative to what you're doing.
>>
>>57228102

>lel double the pixels
>we hi res now

Garbage implementation.
>>
>>57228139
Moving. Renaming is ok.
>>
>>57228132

>get laptop
>put linux on it.
>lel boadcom wifi
>fuck that senpai
>buy intel 7000 AC M.2
>perfect wifi and bluetooth on all distros

This is off topic, but yeah Boadcom are just fucking cunts.
>>
>>57228164
Oh, strange. Mine would considently crash every time I renamed a file (though the rename actually happened), but that was fixed about two months ago.

But I never had any issues moving. Sorry to hear.
>>
Works for me ;)
>>
>>57228077
>most used os for development
>needs literally 10 installations of C++ at the same time in order to work
Dependency hell is not a concept in India, is it?
>>
>>57228132
>WOMM
Nice argument famalampai
>>
>>57227970
For the same reason that windows sucks. It's closed source, so the only people who can improve on it are the people who work at the company.

Since both apple and microsoft are very large companies, you get all the downsides of a large company poisoning your os. (devs don't get to make the end descisions etc.)

This is why a lot of people do not like the idea of using a proprietary os, since it affects the entire machine, not just one application or program.
>>
>>57227970
Oh look it's another episode of why do you love this thing when a bunch of issues you've never experienced are a thing
>>
>>57227970
You must be shit with computers. I run everything between maya, logic, adobe, final cut without issues ever. I load up firefox on windows and ill have an issue. Not to mention the start up times are brutal because the bloat
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.