[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphics table saved my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: thankyou.jpg (843KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
thankyou.jpg
843KB, 2592x1936px
>3 years ago
>Can't use mouse due to crippling RSI
>Hurts like hell
>Start using mouse with feet
>Hold it between feet
>Click with big toes
>Slight relief but looks stupid
>Don't use in public
>Too embarrassing
>RSI keeps getting worse
>Hurts to brush teeth
>Hurts to turn door knobs
>Worried about the future
>Worried about carrier
>Research alternatives
>Track ball?
>Graphics tablet?
>Ergo mouse?
>Start using graphics tablet
>Last resort and desperate
>Kind of expensive
>Hard to use
>Sometimes try to click things but miss
>Feels a lot better though
>Use it in everywhere
>People always asking about it
>Try to avoid mentioning RSI problems but usually fail
>No one understands
>At least it doesn't hurt so keep at it
>Be today
>RSI is fully healed
>I'm a master of the tablet
>Never miss click a thing
>Handwriting notes using OCR
>Have macros mapped to written gestures.
>Wacom saved my life
>Thanks japan

Pic related is tablet. It's starting to wear and I'm getting a new one soon. I'll never forget it.
>>
did you try using your non dominant hand?
>>
File: DSC_8986[1].jpg (286KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8986[1].jpg
286KB, 1600x1060px
>>57227272
Try one of these
>>
my intuos 5 makes a pretty comfy touchpad
>>
>>57227272
how much? I'd like to buy one. Maybe by tomorrow.
>>
>>57227312
$50-100, depending on the model
>>
>>57227291
I tried a lot of things. Tried that of course. Switching hands doesn't solve the root problem but I've heard people say it helped them. The other thing that was really good for me was switching keyboards. I know use Gateron Clears. Light linear switch.

If anyone has questions about RSI or needs advice. I can answer for a bit.
>>
>>57227272
Sure it's expensive, but really, hands and health have no price. I also used to have some RSI, found out a good 50% of my problems were because of my mice (and bass playing, as much as it pains me). Don't ever regret man (plus you can start considering being a osu master on /v/)
>>
>>57227312
>>57227320
Yeah around that much, I got mine on sale and it was $75. I'd recommend simple & small Wacom. The expensive ones are more for artists and the extra surface doesn't help for normal computer usage.
>>
>>57227349
>>57227320

Thanks, bros. :D
>>
>>57227329
So clears are good for RSI?

I have a topre for mine and it seems too taxing for my delicate hands still, I even prefer chiclet because it's just a small and painless press
>>
>>57227329
>>57227445
The type of switch may be important, but what is magnitudes more important is the keyboard design. A plain mechanical keyboard is not the way to go. You should get a split mechanical keyboard like the Advantage Kinesis, and then switch to the dvorak layout. I have this setup and it is fucking incredible.

Once you never leave the home row, use all four fingers evenly, and get thumb dexterity, your life is changed.

Blows my mind how people can dink around with the smallest component of the typing experience and not consider the big ones like layout and keyboard design.
>>
>>57227469
It's because they aren't thinking of ergonomics when it's really the top of question

That shit had all looked around $200 though, maybe I should just have that Microsoft sculpt? Or are there actually affordable split mechanical boards?
>>
>>57227445
clears are one of the more heavier switches. They also aren't linear. They're Similar to browns.
>>
>>57227469
I agree, but moslty disagree. For my RSI, switch choice gave me the biggest improvement. I pretty much just choose the lightest switch on the market so gateron clear.

I do agree that keyboard layout is really important though, but I'm not sold on the advantage though. It can't be adjusted, the thumb can cause strain because of distance (similar problem with ergodox). It

Kinesis keyboards also just come with really cheap switches. I know because I own two Kiniesis freestyle 2's (which may actually be the best non mechanical switch on the market). Didn't Advantage come with cherry brown for a while? Certainly not ergonomic.
>>
>>57227505
Wrong brand my friend "Gateron"
35g linear switch. Lightest I know of
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/36swpa/review_gateron_clear_and_brown/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.