[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crytopgraphy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Let's talk about military grade encryption! Good books cryptography? Do we poor, unwashed masses really need military grade encryption. What happens if the governments deprives us of it while still allowing it to corporations?
>>
>What happens if the governments deprives us of it

There is no way of really doing that. It's literally the same as trying to deprive people from mathematics.
>>
>>57224032
Well, what if laws are passed that say if you use encryption for any unauthorized reasons (like encrypting your hard drive as opposed to using https when logging into your bank acount) you could be subject imprisonment?
>>
>when the government deprives us of it
what do you think crypto is?
not like crypto is a giant computer in the midwest that operates via fairy dust, it's just maths and done right even simple cryptography can be (effectivly) unbreakable

take this for example

text = "are you safe?"

key = "358978935191389134"

crypt = "dwm)!w~#xbofB"

this is a simple encryption method called a "one time pad" if I never told you the original text or key (and used more characters for the key) it would be literally impossible to break and the key could be exchanged via arbitrarily large RSA

>>57224071
then they'd have to prove the resulting crypto isn't just random gibberish on your hard drive
>>
I've been fucking around with cryptography for years making my own private messaging and file sharing programs for private groups, I can tell you anything you wanna know
>>
>>57224192
what's your password
>>
>>57224192
Best book on the subject? I kinda want to get into it. Now that unemployed yet again, I have plenty of time to devote to some intellectual pursuits.
>>
>>57224071
Many countries have this law. Which is why truecrypt have an easy way to make a hidden encrypted partition. No way of proving that the partition is encrypted. They might find a usb with truecrypt or similar on it, but that's it.
>>
>>57224201
123456[etc]
password|letmein|access
qwerty|azerty
111111[any sequence 000 222]
iloveyou
adobe|photoshop
admin|master|
monkey|cat|dog|bird [etc]
shadow|sunshine
princess|king|queen|prince
trustno1

*append numbers to the end as needed (123 etc) and replace letters with numbers as they apply
a=4 s=5 o=0 L=1 i=1 e=3 t=7 etc

>>57224211
easy; applied cryptography by bruce schneier
>>
>>57224201
trustno1
>>
>>57224248
use this list of passwords and you can get into about 50-60% of all accounts online or home PC, I do it all the time
>>
>>57224263
I remember like 10 years ago there was a password leak on some computer security forum and the most common password was "qwerty123" followed by "trustno1" as far as I remember.

At the time I found it funny that they would use passwords like that, but it was likely on purpose. They likely assumed that someone would hack the forum at some point.
>>
>>57224312
I store all the passwords on my websites in a salted hashed database, even if you got in it wouldn't do you any good

I also avoid default accounts like root and dont' use passwords to ssh in, secure keys are where it's at man
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.