[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to install Ubuntu on my t100ta. But I gotta know, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Going to install Ubuntu on my t100ta. But I gotta know, what's a good DE for a touch screen that's lighter than Unity?

I'll probably go with E17 but I'm curious about my other options too.
>>
You know koreans eat dogs right?
>>
>>57223559
And?
>>
>>57223540
She actually looks human.
>>
>E17
come back after you've used it for a while and tell us how you like it :^)
>>
>>57223540
>chink
0/10
>>
>>57223942
Used to use it on my old laptop before switching to MATE. I liked it, but I couldn't get any custom themes to work.

I don't care about ricing anymore so it should be just fine for me
>>
>>57223540
T100TA as in the Asus that runs an atom? Not worth it. I'm 100% linux in my day to day life, and I had to shift mine back over to windows 8, cause damn near nothing worked on it without a TON of effort.
>>
>>57224672
Apparently everything works
https://plus.google.com/communities/117853703024346186936
>>
>>57224716
>https://plus.google.com/communities/117853703024346186936

Have you actually read through anything on that page? Or googled around at all? Most things don't work. Enough things work that you can use it, but it's got enough annoyances that it's just not worth it unless you plan on doing a lot of the leg work yourself. But if you were, you wouldn't be here asking about it...
>>
>>57224716

>>57225051

Too ad more, if this your first foray into linux I'd recommend another machine. Otherwise, good luck and have fun. It looks like it's marginally better than it was, but I'll keep waiting. I'm fine with my toilet machine being part of the botnet still.
>>
>>57223559

>Waaahhhh Koreans eat dogs and I like them as pets

Your fat ass eats beef and Indians worship cows. Be less of a hypocrite.
>>
>>57223540
t100ta owner here. Stick with unity, it works best with touchscreens. Use the iso from google+ group and the provided kernel. You have it good these days, most things work, 2 years back I was reinstalling the damn thing weekly due to memory corruptions.
>>
>>57225804
hypocrisy at its best
>>
I worked on some of the initial porting of Linux to that tablet and what a fucking nightmare, sell it and buy something else famalam
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.