[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

choosing mobo for second PC I already have gigabyte z170 d3h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: choosing.jpg (754KB, 2000x1437px) Image search: [Google]
choosing.jpg
754KB, 2000x1437px
choosing mobo for second PC
I already have gigabyte z170 d3h for few months
had zero issues with it

should I go again for gigabyte
or should I spread my experience and take asus?

when I know something is good I am going for the good
like seasonic power supplies
but with mobos its kinda mixed bag I feel
safer to maybe spread the toolset?
>>
>>57220361
I've got multiple ASUS motherboards (AM2; 775; 1366; 1155 and 1150), haven't had any problem with those except a P67 Sabertooth that went on fire and with the warranty that told me to fuck off.
>>
>>57220361
the asus has better I/O configuration
>>
>>57222607
because of usb c at the back?
>>
File: 0822161408_HDR.jpg (688KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0822161408_HDR.jpg
688KB, 2048x1536px
Both companies make good boards. Go for the one that has the best balance of: the most features that are relevant to your needs, the lowest price, and the best reviews and community feedback.

Let me also just say that getting a different brand of motherboard to "expand your familiarity with multiple brands" or whatever is pointless and shouldn't enter into your decision making process.
>>
btw, if anyone wants to see ther rest

>cpu
Intel Core i5-6600K / CM8066201920300
>heatsink
Arctic Freezer i11 / UCACO-FI11001-CSA01
>mobos
ASUS Z170M-PLUS / Z170M-PLUS
Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H / GA-Z170M-D3H
>ram
HyperX Savage Memory Black DDR4 8GB, 2666MHz, DIMM, CL13 / HX426C13SB2/8
>>
>>57222667
>Let me also just say that getting a different brand of motherboard to "expand your familiarity with multiple brands" or whatever is pointless and shouldn't enter into your decision making process.

err, thats dumb argument
you did not explain how it is pointless
of course it is not, its something extra you gain from the purchase
you gain knowledge and comparision
how was building with one and the other
hows bios and different settings
hows flashing going on, support over their lifetime
you gain something extra
>>
>>57220361
How about evga? They have less complaints on every site i have checked. And their customer service is legendary.
>>
>>57222813
europe here
with limited options where I can buy, because of family acquaintance slashing taxes off
but evga are rarely available here and if they are usually overpriced

and RMA stats I read on asus and gigabyte are kinda in around 3% being pretty good

will likely go for asus for usb-c I guess
>>
>>57220361
Gigabyte is superior in ever way.
>>
>>57222859
>losing on 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 for a meme port you'll never use
>>
>>57222
There's probably a 1% difference in all of them.
If it doesn't have an Intel NIC, it's cheap trash
>>
>>57220361
Asus and Gigabyte are both good OP. Just pick whichever one has the features you want, you can't really go wrong.
It's not like your picking from Abit vs Foxconn or something.
>>
>>57222813
>They have less complaints on every site i have checked.
Go google how long they have been in the mobo market, that is why.
Most people go with reputable brands. EVGA doesnt have much reputation yet.
>>
>>57222919
No optical out
Useless dvi ports x2
Meme-atx
>>
>>57222939
both have intel lan
>>
>>57222998
On amazon and jewegg they have much less complaints. Fair point, though.
>>
File: Oh_5e69e0_5677253.jpg (21KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_5e69e0_5677253.jpg
21KB, 294x294px
>>57222718
>>err, thats dumb argument
your a dum argument
Seriously, though...

>>how was building with one and the other
This has little to do with the motherboard and much more to do with your choice of case and the lengths of your PSU cables. Sure, there's port placement on the motherboard, but they're both ATX (same size) boards, so look at the picture you provided and it tells you everything you need to know about that. You know what's provided and where it's located and how it's positioned.

>>hows bios and different settings
This is where it would help to look at reviews and community feedback as I'd suggested. YouTube and TomsHardware, for example, have a wealth of content explaining these things. You're asking random people to give you their preference but who's to say you'll agree with what they prefer? Go with what matters to you.
>>support over their lifetime
Warranty information is available before purchase and, again, look at reviews. They're sure to let you know whether or not a product's company gives you a bunch of static over warranty claims, returns, RMAs, etc..

Back to the meat and taters, though...what you consider a dumb argument is this:
>>getting a different brand of motherboard to "expand your familiarity with multiple brands" or whatever is pointless and shouldn't enter into your decision making process.

My question to you is this:
If you have a motherboard that you've "had zero issues with" and feel like quality with mobos is "a mixed bag,"
why would you not just stick to what you know works and has zero issues? Why introduce a variable in the form of a different brand that would potentially give you a lesser outcome?

tl;dr: The information is out there. Do some research and make your own decisions.
>>
>>57220361
ASUS just in case you get a big ass cooler
>>
>>57222688
Give me back my pc
>>
>>57222813

evga shill spotted

>>57220361
>>57222688
>seasonic power supplies

Asus all the way, get a topre type heaven also distributed by seasonic and the most important component is the psu so get a modular x 650
>>
Everyone has different experiences, but my personal go-to brand is MSI
>>
>asus or gigabyte
they are both good nothing wrong with ether

Its more the theme you want to go with.
That will be a big deal.
>>
File: hurry.jpg (45KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
hurry.jpg
45KB, 479x720px
>>57223466
Asus shill spotted.
Opinion discarded
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.