[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avoiding Facial Recognition (Tinfoil hat thread?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Spynet.jpg (53KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
Spynet.jpg
53KB, 500x314px
>Midterm coming up
>Going to have to take the test online with a video proctoring service (ProctorU)
>Inner tinfoil hatter scared of them saving video/images of me for facial recognition database.

Is there a minimum resolution needed for facial recognition to actually work? Thinking of getting a really lose res (640x480, maybe 320x240 if I can find it) webcam and perhaps putting a little vaseline on the lens, just enough to make it slightly blurry.
>>
hey dude have you ever been out in public or have a drivers license?
>>
>>57218508
>>Midterm coming up
>>Going to have to take the test online with a video proctoring service (ProctorU)
>>Inner tinfoil hatter scared of them saving video/images of me for facial recognition database.
>Is there a minimum resolution needed for facial recognition to actually work? Thinking of getting a really lose res (640x480, maybe 320x240 if I can find it) webcam and perhaps putting a little vaseline on the lens, just enough to make it slightly blurry.
Get a horse mask
>>
>>57218508
Facial recognition software is going to be going the way of the dodo now that any high res picture you steal off facebook or 3d printer can make something that can fool it.
>>
>>57218508
You had to sign up for the course with your SSN (if burger) or with some sort of photo ID, so they already have you in that database.

It isn't exactly worth it to hide yourself from that, especially since if you hide your face too well, then the proctor will probably request you get a better camera.

However to answer your question, blurring the camera does nothing, they can still identify who you are anyway. Lowering the resolution doesn't help too much, as they can still tell basic features about you and connect the dots (figuratively) to get who you are.
>>
>>57218508
i wonder if having a kvm switch would fool the screen catcher/recorder thing. i just googled proctorU
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.