[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinkpad drones are as bad as Appletards Prove me wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: CvP1TEjVYAAVAhW.jpg (84KB, 702x936px) Image search: [Google]
CvP1TEjVYAAVAhW.jpg
84KB, 702x936px
Thinkpad drones are as bad as Appletards

Prove me wrong
>>
File: svUDhbEh-770x667.jpg (107KB, 770x667px) Image search: [Google]
svUDhbEh-770x667.jpg
107KB, 770x667px
>>
File: not.png (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
not.png
54KB, 500x534px
first you need to make an argument in favor of your position
>>
>>57217743
I did. Thinkpad drones have a cult-like mentality like Appledrones.
>>
>>57217769
We don't have shrines like Starbucks.
>>
>>57217800
this
>>
>>57217800
Because you don't leave mommy's basement.
>>
File: Episode_7A_Screenshot_4.png (410KB, 605x335px) Image search: [Google]
Episode_7A_Screenshot_4.png
410KB, 605x335px
>>57217820
I have a job.
>>
>>57217670
Autists ironically like thinkpads, drones unironically like apple.
>>
>>57217670
take your gaymershit toddler toy laptop validation thread to /v/, manchild
>>
>>57217670
They buy into a similar cult mentality but are nowhere near as bad.
>>
>>57217670
>57217670
Where did you get that pic of me?!
>>
>>57217670
I think they just have a boner for business laptops in general. The thinkpad general specifically allows for other business laptops to be discussed in the OP. Would an apple thread allow non apple discussion ever?
>>
>>57217924
no i actually enjoy my thinkpads. the difference is i also enjoy my samsung tablet, my macbook air, and my mixed-source desktop machine. brand loyalty in any setting is stupid and degenerate, apple, lenovo ,or otherwise.

buy what you will use
>>
>>57218253
But, anon, MacBooks are business laptops.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/238002-ibm-claims-moving-to-mac-drastically-reduced-support-calls-operating-costs
>>
BSD works really well on thinkpad.

Its not a cult we just can't always sit around compiling m-muh gentoo when we could be using BSD
>>
File: Snapchat-3929975661958116536.jpg (578KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3929975661958116536.jpg
578KB, 1440x2560px
>>57217670
Thinkpad
>can find brocken one at dump
>can fix up with ease and add lunix
Macbook
>is not free
>isnt easily fixable

Power pc macs are useless and hipsters drive up prices for old apple.
>>
>>57219048
>t61+t61=t61
Epic
>>
>>57217670
I paid a total of $400 for my T440P, and an m.2 SSD.. easily one of the best laptops I have ever owned. I abuse the shit out of it, and it has yet to fail me.I get pretty good battery life too. My only real complaint is the screen, witch can be upgraded to a nice 1080P ips for about $50 when ever I decided to do so.
>>
>>57217670
They aren't drones for them, go to the ThinkPad general and you'll see plenty of elite books and latitudes. These older laptops are rugged and easy to maintain,and they also have good specs for the price.
>>
>>57217670
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>57217670
They are, and i'm here to prove you right, mister semen demon.

https://www.google.bg/?#q=thinkpad+backdoor
>>
>>57220021
If by plenty you mean 2 or 3 then yes.
>>
When Lenovo fucks up the Thinkpad line with consumer garbage, Thinkpad cultists take matters into their own hands and put a Broadwell i7 in an X61 chassis. When Apple fucks up, they're praised by their drones for being "courageous". That's the difference.
>>
File: CgwwHZIWYAAYxN9.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CgwwHZIWYAAYxN9.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>57221293
>>
>>57217769
While I'd actually agree with you there that there are a lot of people who are straight up drones for thinkpads at least thinkpads are actually good (and cheap, the good ones that is, obviously the brand new ones are fairly expensive) whereas most Apple drones literally only like them because they're shiny
>>
>>57223075
DADDY pls
>>
>>57218128
Nice try mr. gorilla man but we know your secrets
>>
Thinkpads are actually good. I beat down an uppity negro with mine and it (the laptop) was fine. Try using a MacBook as an improvised weapon, other than a bomb that is.
>>
>>57217670
Can't, they really are as bad as appleltards. Real computer professionals these days use the XPS 13 and 15.
>>
Sometimes.
One good way to recognize a thinkpad shill from an unbiased person is that shills will always say that old thinkpad keyboards are better, which is objectively wrong.
>>
>>57217670
X1 carbon i7 16gb ram 540gb add aster race
>>
>>57217670
They're actually worse.

Apple produces products of high reliability and quality; with the arguments against them being price, marketing, and that they aren't user-friendly for highly technical work.

Thinkpad has nothing going for it: They produce fragile computers which despite being hardware constantly manage to develop software issues.
There's been a total of four thinkpad computers in my family: despite Thinkpad computers being applauded as "strong", two minor accidents have rendered 3 of those computers unusable, the fourth just has a bent wrist plate.
How did two minor accidents damage four computers might you ask?
They didn't, two computers were damaged by accidents and the other two were not involved in any accidents, that's how delicate these computers are.

Funnily enough the computer that still works isn't one of the ones that suffered no accidents, it's the one that fell off my lap and had the wrist plate take the damage.

The one which fell off my desk (onto two layers of carpet) and landed on its top wasn't so lucky, it lost the backlight, which Lenovo not only refused to replace for free because accidents weren't covered by warranty (they wanted to charge the price of the computer); they didn't even have the part.

Furthermore, all four of those computers developed software issues.
One decided its copy of Windows was unlicensed.
All three tablets had trouble with pressure sensitivity for the stylus.
And the one computer still living has a plethora of issues; the pressure sensitivity of the stylus doesn't work, it has no stylus calibration, it often freezes up with intensive Flash programs, and sporadically will develop a random minor issue.

So Thinkpad is garbage that has nothing going for it; the whole point is that they're supposed to be tough computers, but they're fragile as fuck and the warranty won't cover accidents that a "tough computer" shouldn't have even been scratched by.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.