[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I get scammed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1460424703007.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1460424703007.png
1MB, 852x854px
So I went onto freelancer.com and found a gig for a payroll assistant.
$25 an hour for printing checks and mailing them. No personal information, just PayPal address for payment.

Did a week's worth of work and they never paid me.

This is their whois:

Domain Name: TNSGLOBALSHOPPER.ORG Domain ID: D189376923-LROR WHOIS Server: Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com Updated Date: 2016-09-14T03:48:00Z Creation Date: 2016-07-15T23:40:25Z Registry Expiry Date: 2017-07-15T23:40:25Z Sponsoring Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 303 Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited Registrant ID: DI_57875545 Registrant Name: Jason Ray Registrant Organization: TNS Global Registrant Street: 7104 Wallace Road Registrant City: Charlotte Registrant State/Province: North Carolina Registrant Postal Code: 28212 Registrant Country: US Registrant Phone: +1.9162225486 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: Registrant Fax Ext: Registrant Email: [email protected] Admin ID: DI_57875545 Admin Name: Jason Ray Admin Organization: TNS Global Admin Street: 7104 Wallace Road Admin City: Charlotte Admin State/Province: North Carolina Admin Postal Code: 28212 Admin Country: US Admin Phone: +1.9162225486 Admin Phone Ext: Admin Fax: Admin Fax Ext: Admin Email: [email protected] Tech ID: DI_57875545 Tech Name: Jason Ray Tech Organization: TNS Global Tech Street: 7104 Wallace Road Tech City: Charlotte Tech State/Province: North Carolina Tech Postal Code: 28212 Tech Country: US Tech Phone: +1.9162225486 Tech Phone Ext: Tech Fax: Tech Fax Ext: Tech Email: [email protected] Name Server: A8332F3A.BITCOIN-DNS.HOSTING Name Server: AD636824.BITCOIN-DNS.HOSTING Name Server: 1A7EA920.BITCOIN-DNS.HOSTING Name Server: C358EA2D.BITCOIN-DNS.HOSTING DNSSEC: unsigned >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-10-24T14:17:01Z <<>
>>
>>57217443
>Did I get scammed?
>Did a week's worth of work and they never paid me.
>>
>>57217443
Personal army request denied.
>>
>>57217443
Why not fuck up their operations instead?
>>
What if they pay bi weekly?
>>
>get scammed
>post on /g/
>>
>>57217534
I've still got pdfs of every check and mailing label I sent out.

>>57217554
They said to expect it Friday 21st
>>
>>57217562
>They said to expect it Friday 21st
If they said something in email (writing), forward the email and tell them you've still not received payment.

Let them reply and if they give you the run around again then you can try to contact a lawyer, but you're probably just Shit out of luck.
>>
>>57217443
What computer did you used?
>>
>>57217595
Just personal one to print and mail
>>
>>57217607
What brand and model dinguss
>>
>>57217615
I don't see how that's related.
>>
Freelancer must be able to help you take some sort of legal action.
>>
are you a retard OP?

Why would anyone pay that much for a simple job?

Either way you got off pretty easy and didn't lose thousands of dollars.

While the story might change, a typical scam works by sending you a cheque, typically a few thousand bucks. (lets say $3,000)
You cash it and then are told to some money elsewhere as part of your job (you send out $2700) and are told to keep the rest as part of your job.
A week or two later the bank contacts you saying the check was fake and that you're on the hook for that money.

What you might have been part of is the fake check mailing part.

Who were the checks mail to ? just random people ?
>>
Lol op. Is this your first time looking for a job? I saw the same things when I started, knew they were a scam.
>>
>>57217443
Getting scammed is the least of your worries, you were middle man in a larger scam, you will be criminally liable if they ever start tracing back those fraudlent checks, use of the mail service to defraud is a federal offense is it not?
>>
>>57222969
This

A gullible relative of mine fell for this 3 years ago... he got a call by the feds and was charged for it. He luckily only got away with a $20,000 fine. Not too sure if you'd be so lucky.
>>
>>57217443
Pic of one of the checks?

You're fucked
>>
>>57223089
Would there be any way for OP to protect himself? Maybe he should report this to the cops just to cover himself?
>>
>>57223165
Yea I would say to inform them of the scam and what he had specifically done, before they find out out and tie him in as a part of the fraud scam.
>>
File: 1477025537422.jpg (85KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477025537422.jpg
85KB, 640x640px
>>57223165
>>57223205

This is really a two edge sword...

Unfortunately the way the judicial system works in the USA, even though this would be the proper thing to do in a normal situation.. It really depends on what state OP is at, specially because, election year.

I am not telling OP to destroy any and all evidence of his actions, move the area destroy his cell phone numbers along with any possible evidences that any of this occurred, but that would be something to seriously consider.

Because the moment you go to the cops and say, I have committed mail fraud, you're not going to walk away as a free man.

Find a criminal defense attorney, hire him, and lay it all out to him.
>>
>>57217443
Clearly they need your bank account and routing number, OP, in order to pay you. Just send that along with a photocopy if your social security card and your mother's maiden name and they'll probably pay you right away,

/thread
>>
>>57217443
Web of Trust has a lot of reviews that state not to trust the site you got the job off of. I'd say it's likely you did get scammed.
>>
>>57217643
Was it a deckstop or a notebook
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.