[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a material that can only be used to pick up certain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1464833795435.jpg (344KB, 800x916px) Image search: [Google]
1464833795435.jpg
344KB, 800x916px
Is there a material that can only be used to pick up certain volumes of light?

Can this light be put to use as a display for my computer?

I want to try an experiment where I wear these for an extended period of time and can literally see nothing but the internet.

Can someone point my in the right direction?

Also my spatial awareness has been mapped to this same place for so long I can feed and shit blind so that's not a worry.
>>
>>57213706
page 6 save rave in case I pass out lel
>>
>>57214184
Still no responses.. thanks FBI.. CIA.. KGB.. ISIS.. Linux.. Hideaki...........
>>
>>57213706
>certain volumes of light
Could you repost, but this time make sense?
>>
Do you mean frequencies?
>>
>>57215693
>>57215679
Yeah probably basically I want to only be able to see light from my monitor with whatever I'd be wearing. Blame psychs or whatever.

Anyway it just needs to be something I can wear 24/7 or maybe a concept of sorts thats easily made or requested.
>>
>>57213706
>>57215711
What the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
I think he means a material that only lets the light from the computer monitor pass and blocks everything else. Sort of like a lens perhaps?
>>
>>57215743
unga bunga me wear head strap unga bunga me connected to wired unga bunga cant see anything else unga bunga neurological manifestations unga bunga humanistic comfort unga bunga

I want to be able to wear something with a material (comfortably, not to take away with senses) that lets me ONLY see light my monitor is emitting.

In my psych-fueled post I may have jumbled a few words about the monitor itself. What I was wondering is if a specific monitor that creates certain frequencies of light would be needed or is there material that blocks out what is standard and IM STILL FUCKING OUT OF IT.

but remember what the now-liberal rick says
you have to charge at it like a bull
and I'm a fucking hero when it comes to that so please help me where I can feed my desire to write pointless things
>>
>>57215711
Get a cheap TN LCD, remove the polarizer and make polarizer glasses.

This should block most of the surrounding light and pass through your LCD's light.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>57215798
Picture of the effect
>>
>>57215771
The real question is why?

Just turn off the lights in your basement
>>
>>57215798
>>57215808
I think he wants the opposite though, something he can wear so that everything except the monitor is blocked out
I'm kinda interested too since that cud b neat
>>
>>57215828
That's the thing. The polarizers let through the LCD's light but block the majority of surrounding light.

Absorbing / filtering light with full efficiency is simply not possible.
>>
Just get a VR headset
>>
>>57215947
I will slay you with moot's katana xD

>>57215901
Is that really? Can you link me to some things to read up on because I don't want to give up on this it would be really appreciated.
>>
>>57215969
In scientific applications light is usually filtered with high quality gratings. You can't apply that to this.

You can however remove the top polarizer of your screen and move it to a pair of glasses. This only lets light through at a specific angle (look up polarizers) and is also how modern day 3D screens work (2 different polarizers).

Brusspup has a video on YouTube how to do it. Just look it up.
>>
>>57216039
What about using the same concept as thermally sensitive cameras and making a monitor out of that where the RGB scale changes to heat?

Of course it'd be greyscale but you'd still be able to read right?

Of course this is largely conjecture on my part as you're obviously aware of by now.
>>
>>57216205
You could build a monitor that outputs a greyscale signal as UV or IR light and build a device which you can see that with.

However that would be a lot more expensive than VR glasses.

Considering the TFT (LCD) needs to be modified for IR or UV (currently works with VIS). And then there are the glasses which will be active as there's no method to turn a matrix of ir light into visible light.

For UV you could theoretically stunt with an array of fluoroscent materials and have a display on an exact wavelength but such a project would cost years and $$$$.

Polarizer glasses are the only viable option that's cheaper than VR glasses. You could of course layer it with another polarizer and tune the amount of transparency by rotating the upper polarizer.
>>
>>57216465
What exactly would the process of making an IR monitor involve? Where are the relevant reading materials?
>>
>>57217311
Fuck some German asshole patented that already and I might as well make money if I'm going to go through the effort

What about UV?

https://www.google.ch/patents/US20130002831

^ the aforementioned
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.