[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - sensible questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 39

File: twinturborotary.png (994KB, 975x907px) Image search: [Google]
twinturborotary.png
994KB, 975x907px
Couldnt find a /sqt/ so Im making one

Question: What happens if I run a virus thru wine?
>>
>>57208211
You can say goodbye to your PSU
>>
>>57208211
ur computer gets fucked
>>
>>57208211
what happens if I spike my flatmate's OJ with battery acid
>>
What's a good epub/mobi reader for windows? I use SumatraPDF for pdf, but it's absolute dogshit for epub.
>>
anyone have the installgentoo ftp?
lost the login details
>>
File: alien.jpg (220KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
220KB, 1600x1200px
Best Z77 1155 ATX mobo replacement I can get from Amazon that is not GigaShit?
>>
My pc won't shut down unless I pull the plug. When I click to shutdown it restarts. I've ried reseting bios, formatting, configing the shut down button to shutdown, but nothing works. I want to fix it so I can schedule it to shut down on its won when I'm away.

"Check the wake up options in the BIOS. Find out which device is triggering the wake up(LAN/USB/ETC)."

Wouldn't that have been fixed by reseting the bios? Cause when I just bought the pc, this thing didn't happen
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 537x311px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 537x311px
Hoping someone could perhaps help me here as my Q' doesn't really warrant a thread for itself...

I'm having difficulties connecting my 5D III directly to my laptop (W520) via USB, specifically through Windows 8.1. Having been on the Canon website, it's specified that a specific driver isn't required as it shares a generic one used across multiple USB devices.

>image related
>>
>>57208419
did you try shutting down with alt+f4?
>>
Should I get an SSD?
I have a gaming laptop
i7 (2.6GHz) 16GB 2TB HDD GTX 950
VRAM 4GB
Running on Win10. Sometimes I feel like my Laptop feels sluggish. Should I get an SSD? Or is it just a bonafide meme?
If it is just a meme, what should I do then?
>>
If I have 2x4GB at the moment and want 16GB, should I buy another set of 2x4GB or just replace my current set with 2x8GB?
>>
>>57208419
>Wouldn't that have been fixed by reseting the bios? Cause when I just bought the pc, this thing didn't happen
Could be some new peripheral or something on your network. You could disable wake on LAN, USB and anything else you find just to see if it solves your problem.
>>
>>57208249
Only one way to find out
>>
Where do you guys torrent your anime?
>>
>>57208211
Somethings weird has been happening with my PC's for a while. When i start them, the fans go crazy and i need to hit them in order for them to return to a normal state. All of them work fine and had been working fine for 2 years now. It may be because they are generic fans, but i don't know.
>>
Cable for my Koss portapro pros is broken at the plug, but I'm gonna try repairing it instead of getting a new one.

Would it be better if I replaced the entire cable, or just replaced the plug?
>>
i have a 1920x1080 video that i need to crop to 1744x1080 .. then i need to convert that clip into 776x480 res while keeping the 776x480 aspectio ratio in ffmpeg

how do i do that?
>>
>>57209285
scale filter
>>
I've been tearing my hair out over this for hours and searching online only gives me vaguely similar issues that don't really help me.

I recently installed Xubuntu onto my shitty laptop. Everything was going fine, no issues until I had to connect to my wifi. The network manager says I'm connected but no web pages can actually load and I'm not getting any response from them. The strange part about this is that this is only the case when connecting to my router at home. My other router, at work, is just fine and my laptop works normally when it's connected to that one. Any tips on how to fix this or maybe why it's happening?
>>
what vpn yall use
>>
So twice now I have swapped out the cmos battery in my motherboard because the clock kept changing to random incorrect times. Doing this has kept the correct time for a few weeks, but again now the time has started to randomly become incorrect.

How can I fix this obnoxious problem? The time is correct in bios but for some reason I'm forced to click "set time automatically" a few times every few hours.
>>
Looking to do a 3 monitor setup, any recommendations on monitors/stands?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (121KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
121KB, 1536x864px
audio technica at lp120 usb

can this turntable act as an amp for my pc? a buddy of mine is bringing it over for me as a gift. I only have one set of good speakers, and those are currently hooked up to my pc through a lepai 2020a+ amp. can i replace my amp with the turntable? i see that it can connect directly with a pc through usb, so i was curious.

pc -> turntable -> amp -> speakers

will this work?
>>
>>57209307

i figured out how to get 1744x1080 but then it doesn't follow the scale ratio and messes up.. wat do
>>
>>57208855
nyaa.se is good for latest releases
>>
Urgent help needed
I was watching YouTube on my laptop, and noticed that the DVD drive had fallen out in my backpack. I grabbed it and popped it back into the slot, only for my laptop to instantly die on a full battery. I've plugged it in (the outlet works), but not even the charging light comes on, and the laptop won't start. The drive is also very loose in there. What's going on and how to fix
>>
>>57208419
what OS? what do other OSes do?
>>
>>57208211
Alright, how do I save an image from ChatSecure?
>>
>>57209541
Please someone help this is a dire situation
>>
File: only a little.jpg (14KB, 315x180px) Image search: [Google]
only a little.jpg
14KB, 315x180px
In Javascript how would I call this JSON array:
{
"quiz":[
{
"index":"1",
"category":"Geography",
"question":"What is the capital of Tunisia?",
"answer":[
"Tunis",
"Ulan Bator",
"Prague",
"Limpopo"
]
}
]
}

I tried using
var data = "jamquest.json";

var mydata = JSON.toString(data);
alert(mydata.quiz[0].question);
alert(mydata.quiz[0].category);

but it returns either null or undefined.
>>
File: moto-camera-exposure.jpg (127KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
moto-camera-exposure.jpg
127KB, 1200x800px
If I install a ripped version of of the Motorola camera apk, will it work on a different phone with no problems?

I don't really like the stock camera app on the nexus 6p.

>pic related, the feature I want.
>>
>>57209954
The camera apk is normally tied to the proprietary camera driver, so it's unlikely to work.

The camera apk was one of those things that was difficult to get working on AOSP when I used to mess with that shit. Not worth the time or effort imo.
>>
>>57209624
only [spoiler]Pirate[/spoiler] win 7. Laptop has the same, but it doesn't have the problem

>>57208611
I've tried shut down just by pressing the button on the case, still didn't work

>>57208768
Gonna try later, thanks
>>
>>57210044
well that blows.

thank you for your time.
>>
Use: JSON.parse
>>
>>57209893
>>57210181
Fail, no ref
>>
>>57208632
yes, get a SSD.

Your laptop is a victim of the nvidia gimping experience tho.
>>
>>57209434
you need to use the crop filter then the scale filter
>>
>>57208675
the cheapest.
>>
File: 1469643919291.jpg (3MB, 5406x3094px) Image search: [Google]
1469643919291.jpg
3MB, 5406x3094px
100 SBC 400 thread cluster computer for 1300 USD, no OS installed. Assuming I'm fine with setting up the cluster myself, is this an alright deal? Pic unrelated.
>>
Can some explain to me what
>KVM
>Qemu
>Xen
are, what the difference between them are, and how they work together (if at all)?
>>
>>57209893
You have to load the JSON through AJAX and then parse the result of that. It's a pain.
>>
File: wifi_80211ac.jpg (20KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
wifi_80211ac.jpg
20KB, 640x400px
Can anyone recommend some standalone AC access point? I already have 24port gigabit switch so no need for a router. Looking for something around £100 used or new.
>>
>>57208211
It'll infect that wineprefix. Burn it and make another.
>>
someone tell me what to sell this rig for. i need to get rid of it. no more room for a desktop

Asus z87a motherboard
Intel i5 4670k CPU
ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU-II 3gb
8gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Lepa 800w PSU/ XFX 650w
Noctua dual 120mm CPU cooler
Windows 7 disc
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb ssd
2x ACER h236hl 23" monitor
>>
>>57208539
This is indeed strange. It shouldn't need any driver. I can think of only 2 scenarios
1. Your camera is set to some strange mode and reports itself to the computer in a way that requires a driver. Try factory resetting your canon.
2. Go to device manager and uninstall any driver currently installed for your canon, and then let it reinstall itself using windows default one.
Does it also happen on different computers?
>>
>>57210353
You should be able to easily sell it apart on ebay. Just look up individual prices of each component and sell it 5% cheaper than average. Make sure you write nice detailed description and take good photos as this will attract more buyers, and don't overcharge for postage.
>>
Could someone be so kind as to post the headset buying guide/ranking picture?

Since I'm looking for the best headset at €50.
>>
>>57210403
I could do that.

I'm going to boot camp soon, may have short notice so i might not get to split it up and sell fast enough. if i sold that whole set up to a friend, whats a fair asking?
>>
Why does picarto not work through livestreamer? I get:
error: No plugin can handle URL: https://picarto.tv/...
>>
Anyone know how to find the current song playing on a computer? I mean through programming though. like getting java or whatever language to find the current song playing.
>>
>>57210479
it's easy, just use the MPD api/library
you /are/ using GNU+Linux, right?
>>
>>57210454
I won't check it for you. I'm even more lazy than you.
I would say check used price for each item, add it all together, and then subtract 10% off it.
>>
>>57210496
Oh you. Obviously I mean in glorious Windows10.
>>
File: shitty retard gaming headsets.png (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
shitty retard gaming headsets.png
91KB, 600x800px
>>57210437
Sure
>>
>leave pc on
>turn on monitor
>it's all weird colors and squares and shit
>moving over shortcuts makes their background go black
>restart pc
>it goes away

What the actual fuck was that?
Should I be worried?
Oh god, is my gtx 970 dying?
>>
>>57210502
just ask microsoft, I'm sure they have it all logged for you on a remote server
>>
>>57208419
I've had that problem. I've tried literally literally everything. Updating the BIOS, removing the front panel plugs from the motherboard and shorting it with a screw driver, every single imaginable setting in Windows etc.

I've solved it by sending in my motherboard and getting a new one.
>>
File: 1476245261382.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1476245261382.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>57210194
What should I do specifically.

>>57210181
I tried that first actually, but I kept getting errors:
IE:SCRIPT1014: Invalid character, quizlogic.js (42,1)
Firefox: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Chrome:VM85:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token j in JSON at position 0(anonymous function) @ quizlogic.js:42
>>
>>57209769
>>57209541
try resetting the bios: remove the battery and power cable, then press the power button for a while (30+ seconds). if you have easy access to the clock battery, also try removing that for a while.
if that doesn't work, remove the DVD and boot the laptop...

>>57210068
>only [spoiler]Pirate[/spoiler] win 7.
try shutting it down from a linux live cd. if that works, then the problem is the OS. otherwise, it's probably your BIOS being shit.
>>
>>57210272
>>Qemu
from google:
>QEMU
>qemu.org/ - Cached
>Emulates a full system (usually a PC), including a processor and various peripherals. It can be used to launch a different Operating System without rebooting the ...

>>KVM
KVM = qemu + kernel module for hardware acceleration

>>Xen
different monster. I don't really know the difference, though

>>57210321
tp-links are good and cheap. can't suggest specific ones because I have no experience with 11ac...

>>57209342
hope it's not too late... in your console, run these commands:
nslookup www.google.com
ping www.google.com
curl www.google.com | head -2

then post results

>>57210475
error msg says the program can't manage https streams...
>>
How can I find out the alt code to a character?
There's certain characters that I have to copy/paste because no websites will tell me how to fucking type them
>>
>>57210754
look it up
>>
>>57210504

Although I agree that a headset is generally of lower quality than a separate desk microphone and headphones, to assume they are perfect substitutes is pretty foolish. When I'm playing online console games with friends and communicate through Discord for example I am not near my desk -where a desk mic would be-. In addition, it is more likely it would pick up sound from the tv as well, hence I am in need of an actual headset.
>>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
unsigned int x = 1;
cout << "x is " << x;
return 0;
}

Why does this code print "1%" to the terminal? Where is the "%" coming from?
>>
>>57210774
I added "endl" and it went away. I guess that's C++'s way of marking the end of an output?
>>
Is this a decent motherboard if I remove the stupid shroud?
>>
>>57208254
your best bet would be some firefox or chrome plugins
>>
Got this SMART HDD error:
Current Pending Sector Count:
Current: 100
Worst: 100
Threshold: 0
Raw Values: 0000000000008

Into the trash it goes?
>>
File: 1399319813532.jpg (1MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1399319813532.jpg
1MB, 2400x2400px
Can I just remove safetynet from my phone?
(I don't really know how it works at all)

I want to root and install xposed and also be able to use android pay and login to things like snapchat.

Apparently now you can't even have an unlocked bootloader.

Using a Nexus 6p on Android 7.0 (Security patch October 5 2016)

Thank you.
>please enjoy this core memory
>>
>>57210766
So....
Use the clip on zalmon mic, or antlion mod mic like the guide advises?

Also, a good dynamic mic like the shure sm58 will be better at eliminating noise than any headset or cheap clip on.

It doesn't pick up my model m typing noise, nor my video games/anime on speakers noise, and I'm on voice activation, with echo cancellation off.
>>
Are there any specific causes as to why I'm not able to download torrents from nyaa.se anymore? I've read the FAQ and other stuff across the site, but it doesn't mention anything about limits or not connecting. I've tried waited about a week and a half for one torrent to start just in case, but no luck. I've also tried downloading other shows and tried a different torrent client, but it also won't start.

What should I do to fix this?
>>
So I'm running Arch and my boot time is real fuckin' slow. I ran systemd-analyze blame and man-db.service is taking almost 3 minutes each boot. Should I just disable the service, or is there something else I should do?

>>57211012
SafetyNet is part of Play Services, so no you can't.
>>
>>57211084

Can I just downgrade play services or is it not as simple as that?
>>
>>57211012
As a follow up to >>57211084, to log in to Snapchat you need to disable Xposed, reboot, log in, then re enable Xposed.
>>57211111
>>
>>57210637
After much tinkering, OS came back. I need to figure out what the fuck happened though. It wasn't a DVD that I inserted, the whole fucking drive came out of my laptop casing. I guess I have an external now.
>>
>>57211105
For starters, too old Google services won't work, but no, you can't, because what passes isn't stored locally. It checks against a server.
>>
>>57211017

Thanks for your reply, but nevermind. Forget I asked.
>>
>>57210562
>>57210637

>ending in my motherboard and getting a new one.
That would be expensive. But thanks for the advice.
>>
I ran out of my allotted 2 GB of high speed data on T-Mobile. I know with Binge On that Spotify, SoundCloud, and some other stuff still load at 4G speeds, but for some reason Pomf.is and 4chan ALSO load at high speed. I am able to get a friend to upload programs to pomf.is by changing the .exe to .png and then I can download the program quickly without waiting hour or so it would normally take on 2G. Why does this happen? Is there any way I can exploit it more?
>>
File: 1477081788875.jpg (43KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1477081788875.jpg
43KB, 480x451px
What's the best alternative pdf viewer? Adobe are evil and I'd rather not use their shit.
>>
My upload and download speeds are complete garbage but when I start downloading something I get good up and down speeds. How can I get this consistency.
>>
What's a good torrent client that isn't made in java and don't stall?
Windows.
>>
Sorry if this sparks controversy.

I'm about to nuke my laptop's HDD because dual boot.
Will gparted do a good job at partitioning a UEFI machine?
What's the best arch installer?
What's the best DE for a non shit machine?

Appreciate your replies.
>>
>>57211562
Sumatra has always been my pdf viewer.
>>
>>57211012
>>57211084
>>57211111

Can I carry out the following steps to stop tripping safety net?

1. install a custom recovery
2. install systemless root/xposed with su hide
3. install titanium backup
4. backup the snapchat app while logged in
5. backup the phone with the recovery backup feature
6.lock the bootloader again
7. restore my backup with the now-locked bootloader along with any previously tripped apps

(Nexus 6p on Android 7.0 (Security patch October 5 2016)
>>
>>57211803
1. Don't know
2. Arch Anywhere. Does partitioning automatically but to boot in UEFI follow https://github.com/deadhead420/arch-linux-anywhere/issues/76#issuecomment-254460061
3. Depends what you want. I personally use and like KDE/Plasma
>>
File: 2016-10-23 11_51_55-!_mikudb.png (961B, 142x48px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-23 11_51_55-!_mikudb.png
961B, 142x48px
I'm still having this problem where I just can't rename files or folders to a name with foreign characters. They just show up as question marks. I just installed Windows 10. I have Japanese language pack and fonts installed, and Japanese IME keyboard. I can type in Japanese in most applications but I can't even manually rename a file or folder in Japanese. It just commits to question marks.
>>
>>57208211
What should I know about car chargers for a phone? I don't know how electricity works.
Most of the products on Amazon look heavily invaded by shills so it's making me nervous. I'm considering buying a charger that doesn't mention iPhone or Samsung in its name.
>>
What is the best lock screen app for Android?
>>
File: 2016-10-23 22_50_33-!_mikudb.png (6KB, 305x152px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-23 22_50_33-!_mikudb.png
6KB, 305x152px
>>57212095
okay breakthrough. I've been trying to rename the same couple of folders which came from another machine. I just created a couple of files and they can take a Japanese file path, but not the folders that were sourced from another machine. What gives?
>>
>>57212066
Thanks friendo.
Plasma 5 looks neat, I'll give it a go, and you are the MVP for linking that workaround. Apparently gparted will do the trick. Will report in a bit.
>>
>>57212095
Try changing to Japanese locale.
>>
File: Untitled.png (63KB, 525x597px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
63KB, 525x597px
>>57212154
Those folders are written in "true" japanese.

You need to set your unicode settings to japanese. Be advised your computer will work like a japanese one.
>>
I'm going to fucking kill myself.

I'm using proxmox and the VM level firewall won't fucking work. Every other level shows that openvpn port 1194 is filtered but this piece of shit VM doesn't.

I've added the rule on all levels and enabled firewall on the VM network interface. It shows the rule in IPtables and everything but this fucker won't work.

I'm so mad right now. Does anyone use proxmox here?
>>
>>57212186
Hold on there has to be another option here because something funky's going on. I just created a duplicate copy of one of those pictured folders. ??P feat. ???? - ???????. it created a folder called "End of the World - Copy". That was the original folder name before I attempted to change it to the original Japanese title. That isn't right. Windows 10 can hold pseudonames for folders? Furthermore I'm also able to change the folder names of the copied folder to Japanese just fine.

To clarify, I sourced these folders from a Windows 7 machine by putting the hard drive they were stored on into my Windows 10 machine and moving them onto a storage drive inside my new computer. I know Windows can detect when files come from another machine, but I don't know where or how I can clear such as much.

Unless there's an easier way to do it, the only solution I can think of is to make an enormous copy of my entire music collection.
>>
>>57212266
This "あ" isn't the same as the japanese unicode
Windows display then to "?" (browsers shows then as squares.
But if copy and paste the folder/file name, windows will convert the "?" japanese unicode to
"?" interrogation.
That's why some japanese game requires you to change your OS unicode, they can't understand "?".
>>
Are Portable battery TVs still a thing?
>>
>>57212564
>install Kodi on phone
>install exodus addon
>use exodus
Done
>>
File: 1476860927231.jpg (151KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476860927231.jpg
151KB, 960x1280px
Good idea to get a used Z5500 nowadays?
>>
>>57212624
I need a TV with AV input anon.

I have a old one but there is no analogic signal anymore where i live and only is a mono TV.
>>
>>57208254
Could try Calibre's built in reader. Never used it much but it seemed acceptable when I was previewing stuff, I usually just read on my Kobo Aura H20 though.
>>
>>57211794
qBittorrent is written in C++.
>>
>>57212629
delet
>>
I want to create a web app. I have built one HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL website in the past, but I have no idea what people are using nowadays.

I checked out the MEAN stack but it is all gibberish to me. How should I get started?
>>
>>57210504
What's wrong with having a pair of good headphones for serious use, and a cheap headset for gayming?

Also kind of tangential but your image made me think of it, are there any "virtual surround" programs out there yet that don't noticeably distort the audio? Tried some a while back but didn't stick with them for that reason, everything felt like it was noticeably being fucked with, didn't feel like "natural" surround, like a true binaural recording might.
>>
File: energy.jpg (137KB, 564x1355px) Image search: [Google]
energy.jpg
137KB, 564x1355px
Why do I have to use JADE (or pug) templates.
Can't I just route the .HTML files directly?

Someone explain this.
>>
>>57208539
there's a windows 7 camera generic driver that i used for my 5d II. install it and you're good
>>
File: 100fps.png (714KB, 1327x716px) Image search: [Google]
100fps.png
714KB, 1327x716px
what video card would get me 100fps at 1080 med to high.
>>
Okay so I need to install SQL Server to work on this project for class but I'm not sure which version of to install. I need the most basic features, such as create tables & make queries. Every version I've checked out seems awfully complicated and with a set of advanced features that surpasses my basic needs by far. Any suggestions?
>>
>>57212927
rx480
>>
>>57208211
can I use vt-d to pass through my w520's dgpu to a VM in esxi?
>>57208369
Why no gigabyte boards?
In my experience they've been the best since they all use fairly standard components, so there's no weird driver bullshit like on my msi board.
>>57208632
yes, you should never not have an ssd in $CURRENTYEAR
and since your laptop has a hard drive I'd make sure to take the HDD out.
Hard drives do NOT belong in a laptop in $CURRENTYEAR. Save that shit for desktops and NASes
>>
>>57212808
But qbit has the world record for stalled torrents.
>>
Any good deals on SSDs currently or soon? I got a 128GB one years ago since at the time anything much larger was pretty expensive, but seems like it might be a good time to upgrade since I can't fit a hell of a lot on the one I have.
>>
>>57209954
Footej Camera has the same exact feature and it works on almost everything.
>>
If you break a USB drive open will the data all leak out?
>>
Best free windows 7 iso mount tool that doesn't have ads ot spyware
or recommended one to pirate
>>
>>57213079
Honestly, Daemon Tools devs are shady as fuck and you do have to be careful while installing it, but it's not THAT hard to install it cleanly if you are careful (and cut off your internet while running) and the other alternatives are pretty crap and will fail occasionally with some images.
>>
>>57213155
Can rufus mount iso files?
>>
>>57212033
First of all, Snapchat doesn't use SafetyNet. All you have to do to get into it is disable Xposed, log in, then reenable Xposed.

As for suhide, there's no point trying. It keeps getting patched. It might be able to hide root and maybe Xposed if you're really lucky, but it'll only work briefly. Only thing you can try is Magisk, but even then you can only hide root.
>>
Hello anons. If I buy low-latency RAM and install it on my first channel, then put my old, higher-latency RAM on my second channel, will I benefit from the low-latency as long as I don't exceed the first channel's capacity?
>>
File: 1476054603841.jpg (56KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476054603841.jpg
56KB, 600x800px
ThinkPad x220 i5 16gb ram with ssd.
Can it run VM smoothly?
y/n?
>>
I have a problem with KDE Plasma on my laptop running Arch (works fine on my desktop). On first login after boot it takes like 50 seconds to work. Afterwards it works fine. It hangs after the progress bar for a bit, then I get a black screen with a cursor for a while, and then it finally loads. Anyone else have this problem or a fix?
>>
>>57213424
Mixed RAM will run at the slowest common frequency and latency
>>
>>57213488
I thought that was only true if you mixed the RAM on the same channel. If that's not the case, what's the point of having four slots on two channels?
>>
>>57213542
So you can have two channels and 4 modules
>>
>>57213607

Wow, that doesn't answer my question at all. Like seriously, you're pretty much just repeating the context of my question, word for word. If there was a nobel prize for shitty answers, you'd definitely place.
>>
>>57213634
It's not my fault if you're too retarded to understand what it means

Two channels means double the memory bandwidth
Four slots means you can fit more memory
The memory architecture isn't designed so you can mix and match a million different types of RAM and have them all run at their individual the max speeds
>>
>>57213665
>what's the point of having four slots on two channels?
>So you can have two channels and 4 modules
>>
Is it possible to legally downgrade Windows 10 to 8 or 7? My new laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I want to downgrade. Is there anyway to do this legally?
>>
>>57213689
I don't think so. A Windows 10 license is only good for Windows 10. If there's a legal way to downgrade, you'll find the answer by googling it or by calling their customer service.
>>
>What's a good MP3 player that's still made today? I went to Best Buy and it was all poorly-reviewed Chinese shit. I'm sick of iTunes and Apple in general and don't want to buy an iPod.

>Do Android flip phones exist?
>>
>>57213775
FiiO x1, maybe some Sony walkman

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32599116875.html
>>
File: IMG_20161024_090534.jpg (3MB, 3667x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_090534.jpg
3MB, 3667x2992px
is there a way to fit the radiator in a case like this? or did i fuck it up?

the manual and every installation video i found has you mounting it against the top but that's where the PSU is in the one i got.
>>
What are some open source programs that I can donate to?

I have $100 to spend
>>
>>57213689
No.

I couldn't even find a legitimate way to buy W7 a year ago. Got an OEM key off some site for ~10 euros. No issues so far.
>>
>>57210211
>Victim
I'm sorry but what do you mean by that?
I have no issues with Nvidia what-so-ever. But, that's me though. I would like to hear your side of the spectrum.
>>
File: 1399319231311.jpg (3MB, 3300x2180px) Image search: [Google]
1399319231311.jpg
3MB, 3300x2180px
Is there a decent way to transfer large files over wifi from a PC to an android phone?

I need to transfer 36gb of music

I have a phone with usb c and no adapter so I can't just drag and drop.
>>
>>57214135
>I need to transfer 36gb of music

FLAC?
>>
>>57214305
Nah, shit ton of 320 from /mu/ share threads and a few discogs.
>>
>>57214318
that's a lot of music
>>
>>57212832
bump
>>
I'm about to graduate in December from Uni in CS. Anyone got any tips on landing an entry level job? What kinds of projects and experience are employers going to be looking for? How likely am I able to get a job using technologies I have no experience in?

Please give this poor autist some help so he can be a contributing member of society. Thanks.
>>
How should I know when to make something an object when programming
>>
>>57214667
If you need to keep track of multiple instances of your class.

A good example would be a "Node" class for a linked list. You should be creating a new object as you add items to a list, since you will have multiple items in the list. There are some exceptions, but generally its the case when you should always be creating an object.
>>
>>57214785
Oh duh I should've known that.
>>
Anyone have any spare win 10 keys?

Microjew locked me down after changing my MOBO
>>
My speakers were broken and had to replace them. Someone gave me an amp with speakers. Now I got a few problems with it :
>have to put the sound of my computer between 1-5% else I'll get some interferences
>sound is loud as fuck, too many bass
>sound is shit in general
Did he just gave me shit stuff or I'm just bad at the life game ?
>>
>>57208211
Is it somehow possible to dump the current stack frame in hex in the GDB?
>>
>>57214851
if you have a legit key just call their support to unlock it.

if you pirated or got the free upgrade from 7 just get MSToolkit from MDL forums.

>>57214873
you might need a DAC to get rid of interference.
cant you just turn down the amp?
>>
Reinstalled a new copy of Windows and I've been having display driver crashes where I lose both monitors and have to reboot to sort it. But this morning when it happened, when I tried to reboot the GPU fans locked at 100% and shut down, then when I tried to boot, my BIOS settings had been wiped.

So is it a dead GPU or motherboard? I've reseated it and such
>>
>>57215110
if bios got fucked it's probably the mobo
>>
>>57215132
Its not fucked from what I can tell, just all my settings were defaulted, I've managed to get it booted and it seems to be running alright for now, I hope nothing's fucked and it was just a retard attack
>>
>>57215219
ah. maybe power issue and bad bios battery
>>
>>57215239
I'll give my PSU a check make sure everything's connected and running fine and replace the BIOS battery see if that does anything, thanks anon
>>
>>57208211
im onto my fifth laptop and im so sick of buying new ones. please spoonfeed me and tell me what to buy.

im looking for something cheap (under AU$500 preferably) that i can at least run visual studio and chrome on but has at least 128 gb of storage. bonus points if i can dual boot windows/linux
>>
>>57215283
>looking for something cheap
maybe stop buying cheap shit and they wont break, you dumb fuck
>>
>>57215287
2 of those pcs were loans, 1 was broken but i got a refund, the other was an alienware that i regret purchasing and am planning on selling. i want a computer that i can use until i build a desktop.
>>
>>57215351
so you broke 3 computers in how long? maybe you should be more careful
>>
>>57215367
only 1 broke, and it was a defect.
>>
>>57215381
OK. Just stay away from HP and Acer and you should be fine, but I wouldnt spend that much if I were buying a desktop later.
>>
>>57210539
no its just a driver issue.
>>
>>57213932
wow you are retarded
go ask linux tech tips lol
>>
>>57215283
>>57215351
>>57215381
TRY A DELL! :D
>>
what are some good vpns
>>
>>57215473
google torrentfreak+vpn

if you're too lazy check out mullvad or PIA
>>
>>57215481
ok
as a (I'm assuming) vpn user yourself, do you ever change vpns, or just stick to what werks
>>
File: IMG_5625.png (16KB, 932x1042px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5625.png
16KB, 932x1042px
How viable are passive CPU heatsinks? I've become obsessed with a powerful but silent PC.
>>
>>57215522
i dont use one but i read up on a few a while ago when they started the data retention bullshit laws in europe but i havent needed to get one as my ISP is bro-tier and i'm on a bunch of private trackers.

as long as your provider doesnt get raided or something you should not have to change.

>>57215554
not at all if you want to use it for extended periods of time.

it'll have to be big and heavy so you need to put your mobo down flat so it doesnt bend, and you'll need a case big enough to fit it, and make sure the air can rise and get out of the case easy.
>>
>>57215583
ah ok
thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge amigo
>>
>>57215602
np. make sure you read up a bit on the different providers, a good place to start would be torrentfreak's articles as they checked a bunch of different ones and compared them.

>>57215554
a big ass air cooled with the fans set on lowest speed is still far superior
>>
whats the best way to completely wipe my harddrives without destroying them or taking them out
>>
>>57215626
dban
>>
>>57215626
>>57215632
Or Eraser if you don't want to make a bootable drive
>>
my boss noticed I spend more time on 4chan than working and wants to redirect 4chan to our company JIRA at router level

can I somehow get around that or do I have to use my phone as a hotspot?
>>
>>57215757
Proxy or VPN, but you might not be able to post here with those.

If it is a dns block then you could try directly connecting via IP or customizing your hosts.txt

>>57215554
They can work if you get one of those underclocked i3 models or something like that. But that's not very powerful.
>>
I want more ram, as I currently only have 8GB (2x4) and want to just say fuck it and get more.
Looking at getting 2x8GB kit, but don't know if it'd work.
Anyone know if this works? or am I just retarded and should just use the 2x8 on it's own?
>inb4 just retarded
>>
>>57215872
RTFM
>>
I see people on here talk about HGST/Hitachi being god-tier hard drive manufacturers.
Is this just a meme?
They're expensive as fuck in comparison to WD and Seagayte, so is there a site that ships them globally for about the same price?
>>
I have my hands on a Nokia Lumia 520. I connected to my home wifi with it. However, upon clicking Internet Explorer the page goes to rogers.mobi and says

(Error) WIFI Detected
We are unable to authenticate you as you are not currently on the Rogers or Fido Mobile Networks. Please disable your WiFi connection and launch your browser to try again.
Click here for Yahoo! oneSearch

Is there any way to use the internet on this device without the Rogers mobile stuff? If so, how?
>>
File: Capture.png (759KB, 1025x580px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
759KB, 1025x580px
I don't understand why this happen. Any fix?
>>
How can I get rid of voicemail bullshit in my Android LG G Stylo?

I bought it in the US, and unlocked it and brought over to my country. But now there's a voicemail notification here, and I can't even listen to it.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>57215920
Not a meme and they're actually cheaper than WD/Seagate when it comes to regular consumer grade 2TB drives (at least in the US).
If you cant get them for around the same price as WD just get a WD instead.
>>
>>57216224
isnt wd and hgst the same?
>>
>>57216254
WD bought Samsung's HDD division and renamed it HGST and they still use separate facilities.
>>
>>57216289
Seagate acquired Samsung's HDD division, WD acquired HGST
WD sold some of HGST's manufacturing to Toshiba
>>
can i scan a windows partition with chkrootkit from a live boot (like kali)?
>>
File: 6ClN5Ai.jpg (78KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6ClN5Ai.jpg
78KB, 667x1000px
If I listen to music through bluetooth, what is better: turning volume up in the software, in the OS, or on the speakers?
>>
>>57216431
Software
>>
>>57216431
bluetooth it's a diginal source so you can't overload a digital signal. You need to keep at 100% the software and OS and control the volume on the speakers/amp
>>
>>57208211
If I put a Raspberry Pi compute module into one of my DDR2 SO-DIMM slots, what would happen?
>>
>>57216489
Your computer probably wouldn't boot.
>>
>>57216524
What if I put it in AFTER I booted?
>>
>>57216357
yes
google is your friend
>>
>>57216613
thanks anon
>>
>>57216020
oi, after finding two more errors:

8004889d
and
80072f8f

the second nonsence non-english error of the two above led me to someone on m$ answers asking the inquirer if their date was correct. Indeed it wasn't, and neither was mines, for it was over a year behind despite date adjustment or whatever being set to auto. Manually adjusting it fixed the error, and I've started being able to download the software update, now.

Also, for clarification, I did have internet before, it was only, I kept getting a certificate cannot be checked or something error. And thumbnails weren't loading on the booru I browsed, but I managed to manually open the image after going through the certificate error thing. Weird. All due to the incorrect year-old date, I presume.
>>
>>57216580
Your computer would crash, or nothing would happen, or it would fry your computer.
>>
File: memory_module_ddram_20-03-2006.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
memory_module_ddram_20-03-2006.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
Why some RAM sticks have the black things (chips?) on only one side and others have the black things on both sides?
>>
>>57216744
capacity
>>
File: file.png (102KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
102KB, 800x600px
What should I look for in a monitor? I need a new monitor (thin bezel so I can add more in the future) and I need someone to explain or point me to a guide what these stuffs means (IPS/non-IPS, refresh rate, response time) and how significant will each of them affects my personal experience.

Also, just to throw it out there, I'm looking at AOC I2481FXH and I was wondering if I'm paying for overpriced shit or I can get something better price-to-performance wise.
>>
>>57216750
So, only the RAM with more GB have both sides?
>>
Can anyone recommend any note taking apps a la Evernote that don't sync with an external service and are privacy friendly?

I want to keep my notes in an encrypted drive and decrypt them only when needed.
>>
Can I have working onion links about ethical hacktivism forums or papers?
>>
My computer freezes on reaching the desktop. After restarting multiple times my computer works and makes a system sound like it finished installing a driver. What do?
>>
What can I do with a dead Gateway W340UA laptop, motherboard is shot
>>
>>57216825
Give more details. Is it windows 10? Using an ssd? Might be in box ahci driver. Or your power management settings.
>>
>>57208211
i just bought a

Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25" LED Monitor with IPS Panel

i did good /g/?

i'm coming from a 6years old 1080p benQ
>>
>>57216789
just google to learn what the shit stand for.
and you need to tell us what the fuck you're going to use it for, and your budget.

>>57216873
what's the fucking point in asking AFTER you bought it?
>>
>>57213932
you fucked up anon i can't see any space at the top or front to put that.
>>
>>57216789
I know little about tech desu but just to point you in the right direction I think, IPS monitors boast something I don't know the name of but it is when you tilt a screen, you have good viewing angles from every direction.

Refresh rate is the amount of times the screen updates with new data.

Response time is the delay between input and that input showing on the screen.

I believe how it goes is IPS tends to cost hella for 120/144 refresh rate with 1ms response time or something, whereas with LED monitors getting something like that is really easy and much cheaper at the cost of IPS viewing angles and IPS brightness I think.
>>
>>57216797
Pretty much anon.
>>
>>57216224
Yeah, it's about $90 for a 1TB 7200RPM with 64mb cache, whereas about $30 less for WD/Seagate
Might have to just wait for some black friday sale if I was going to get HGST/Hitachi
>>
>>57216884
I'm using it for mostly streaming and medium gayming and I can go up to $250 for 24"-27".

>>57216896
Thanks, man. Does the refresh rate differs a lot from 60Hz and 144Hz or is it just a negligible difference?
>>
>>57216956
>Thanks, man. Does the refresh rate differs a lot from 60Hz and 144Hz or is it just a negligible difference?

No problem m9, but yeah 144Hz refresh rate is the stuff gamers inhale. They love that shit. I'm sorry I can't cite any sources or give any insight at all, but I'm sure it's not negligible at all. I think a huge plus of CRT monitors was that they were all 144Hz and had the best black levels, or something.

But yeah I'm sure it's not a negligible difference between 60Hz and 144Hz.
>>
What's the best smart phone out there from a non-cucked company? Don't want to give Apple or google a cent of my money ever again.
>>
>>57216988
OnePlus is good. Not too pricey while keeping basically the same functions.
>>
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MJYD4A8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1477317034&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=msata+ssd&dpPl=1&dpID=512mkBU2Q-L&ref=plSrch
Will this work on a ThinkPad x220?
>>
I've been thinking about getting an external hard drive for backups. The things I'm using now are too small for everything I want to keep.
I've read that it's better to get an internal hard drive and an external case, and I've heard that Hitachi is good and found a 2TB HGST HDD for $50 that looks ok, but I'm not sure about what to get for the external case bit.
If I only plan on using the drive for storage, and only need it plugged in when I'm doing backups, would a SATA to USB cable instead of a case be fine? They seem cheaper than cases.
Does anyone have any recommendations for good cases/cables that aren't too costly?
>>
Why would anyone use their RTC in anything other than local time, and why is Linux so anal about this?
I mean, I get it if you're one to travel a lot to other countries with your laptop, but for a desktop computer I really see no reason for this.
Anyone care to enlighten me?
>>
Fastests way of getting better at Java?
>>
>>57216918
You must be aussie cus hitachi is $60 for 2TB in the US. and WD and Seagate is $70-80 for 2TB depending on model.

>>57216956
>>57216975
CRTs were 120Hz and yes they had better blacks and yes 120Hz and above is a huge difference for gaming as it gives a far smoother experience.
IPS has better colors and viewing angle but is more for media.
Response time is important because it means less delay between your input and the screen updating.
Larger size (27") is silly if you're only getting 1080p as the pixels will be larger, but nice if you're getting 1440p.
On your budget you will have to compromise if you want IPS for good colors or 144Hz for gaming.

>>57217057
No, you want a case because it has exposed circuits.
You might want to look into eSATA, or a HDD dock.
Have you looked at any 3.5" external drives to compare what it would cost vs separate drive and case?
>>
>>57217234
Ah, ok thank you.
I have looked at a few external drives, but the price difference that I saw didn't seem that significant, either about the same, or depending on what I end up buying, it might even be cheaper.
Also having a way to easily hook up internal drives to my computer could be convenient for other shit, so I wanted to buy an external case or cable anyway.
>>
>>57217422
Then you might want a HDD dock so you dont have to mess with attaching the external case or cables all the time.

And if the price isnt too different I'd get a 3.5" drive with case so I know for sure it's a reliable HDD inside.
>>
>>57211031
Try randomizing what port your client uses. It could be that your ISP is trying to block torrent usage.
>>
>>57212832
Are you using Express or what?
>>
>>57213429
yes
>>
>>57208211
Is there anyway to get VNC setup using CLI only, I only have ssh access
>>
>>57208211
Hey this looks like the place to ask, I need an old looking case (preferably beige) for A 90s build I'm doing. Can anyone tell me where to look?
>>
File: 20161024_105944.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161024_105944.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
I'm sorting through my bedroom, and going through all my material things. I don't want to seem as though I'm trying to be epic or 2deep, but I am trying to free myself from the way that my material things own me.

I have thrown many things away, donated others, but the one thing I am having trouble with is my Xbox 360.
I have mint condition copies of games that will soon be rare, like Kotor I and Kotor II, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Battlefront II, and I don't want to get rid of them when I know I can never get them back If I so wanted to.

On the other hand, I no longer play the xbox, and haven't since 2013, besides a few sporadic times where I take it out for a week and pack it back up.
I am not even trolling, how do I move on from this?
>>
>>57217448
Cool, thank you.
I found a Sabrent HDD dock for $23 that seemed fine, but I noticed that the HGST HDD I was interested in says it's SATA II, and the dock I was looking at only mentions SATA. Does that mean they aren't compatible, and I have to find a dock that specifically mentions it's SATA II compatible?
>>
>>57217625
Sell the Xbox, keep the games and let it ferment for a while until price goes up
>>
>>57217673
doesnt matter for hard drives they cant even saturate sata 1 bandwidth
>>
>>57217776
Ok, neato. Thank you for your help, anon.
>>
File: red or white.jpg (183KB, 1311x439px) Image search: [Google]
red or white.jpg
183KB, 1311x439px
I guess this is sensible since there isn't a mechanical keyboard thread up

red or white space bar on my frankencaps?
>>
>>57216029
bump myself
>>
Is Windows Defender good enough for normie-ish browsing?
>>
>>57217841
red

>>57217878
fuck no, get uMatrix, uBlock and preferably some Anti-Virus too then disable Defender
>>
>>57209893
var myData = JSON.parse(data)
myData.forEach(e) {
console.log(e['attr']);
}
>>
>download shit from tpb and extra
>have no antivirus because it can fuck with cracks
>also disabled defender

How bad of an idea is this?
I'm not retarded and I only download from trusted users.
>>
>>57217878
If you're dumb enough to launch random untrusted executables, nothing is. If you're not, it's pointless. Get a decent adblocker and Sandboxie or something.
>>
>>57217935
If you only download from skulls and read the comments, you're probably fine. Maybe run a scan every few months and don't store life-destroying shit on your desktop as a precaution.
>>
>>57217935
very.

first off cracks dont need AV off, only keygens do, and even they usually run anyway because AV companies arent fucktarded and flag them as much these days.
secondly you can get virus from other places even just browsing random shit.

defender is shit anyways,
>>
Quickest way to change my mac address on w10?

>inb4 gentoo
>>
>>57217987
google
>>
>>57217958
>comments
>torrent comments

The are people screaming VIRUS on every single trusted torrent.
At this point I'm convinced they are either shills or fucktards or both.
>>
>>57217987
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=change+mac+address+windows+10
literally the first hit you fucking lazy nigger
>>
Why the fuck does my HDD start spinning (a lot) faster than usual when I play I high resolution webm?
I've tested a bunch of different players and firefox's embedded one. Also I'm on a laptop if that matters.
>>
>>57218034
>hdd
>laptop
>2k15+100-99

top kek
>>
>>57209425
It would be useless, the turntable itself needs a amplifier to work, so hooking up the pc directly to the amp in first place would be optimal. I see passing it trough the turntable as a waste.
>>
>>57218020
It's worth running the keygen or the crack through Virustotal or something at least to check whether it's a false positive.
>>
>>57218034
>2016
>using an internal HDD
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 592x119px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 592x119px
I just bought a new external. Can I delete this stuff?
>>
Remember the NSA tools leak? People were saying the people who leaked it were using software that changed their text to make it seem like they're someone else or a non-English speaker. What's that software called?
>>
>>57218112
Of course you can. It's just software. Format the whole drive if you want. The only thing that software does is make it automatic for you to backup and all that. Made for normies. I deleted it always because it wasn't useful or needed for me.
>>
If I buy a dvd player with a usb port then use a usb to aux converter in it, will it play music from my phone/ipod?
>>
>>57218112
Probably, but it's only 18 megabytes and you might need it later. Compress it and store it on Dropbox or something.
>>
>update drivers from the fucking nvidia shit program thing
>screens goes black for a sec
>most of my shortcuts are not in the order I put them

EVERY SINGLE TIME
WHY THE FUCK?
>>
>>57218139
Your screen resolution was changed during the installation process because the driver had to be unloaded from memory, so the system used the generic fallback driver before the new one finished installing. Changing your screen resolution to a smaller one on Windows reorders the icons if any of them would be out of bounds.
>>
File: 1456836968003.jpg (79KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
1456836968003.jpg
79KB, 500x613px
>>57217896
you're right red looks better, I was just being lazy and didn't want to cut the holes in the cap in order to fit it
>>
>>57217935
>using thepiratebay
>in current year 666+666+666+6+6+6
Download only from skulls, most of the time they're ok.
>>
>>57218218
>it adds up
No wonder I was so cursed this year. Thank god it's almost over
>>
Why is my 4TB drive only 3.63TB.

I feel ripped off
>>
>>57208419
shutdown -p
>>
>>57218264
It's not. Your 4TB drive is 3.63TiB.
>>
File: Capture.png (4KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4KB, 247x248px
>>57218290
no
>>
I wish to turn my webpage into an Android app. What's my best course of action?
>>
so there is this web with time limit per day, i tried to use a proxy but you have to connect from a specific country (spain) any advice?
>>
>>57218380
what web?
>>
>>57218343
Well that's probably because the programmer couldn't be bothered to write TiB. Do the math, it checks out.
4 * 1000^4 / 1024^4 = 3.63
>>
>>57218380
Use a proxy server in spain?
I know a webpage that list proxy by country but I forgot the name...
>>
File: 757089611_preview_noose.jpg (223KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
757089611_preview_noose.jpg
223KB, 800x563px
>>57218368
>>
Hey guys. I need to make a list of links adding a number each time to the link.
For exemple first link will be websitename.com/doc/1.pdf, second one websitename.com/doc/2.pdf, etc... How can I go about doing this? I need about 3000 links so can't do it manuallly.
>>
>>57212266
windows 10 sucks
>>
>>57218343
TB != TiB
A Terabyte is 10^12, while a Tebibyte is 2^40
>>57218402 is right, the units are, in fact, labeled incorrectly most of the time.
Also i punched the numbers into a converter and they're right, 4TB = 3.63TiB
>>
Best Vim plugins?
>>
>>57218408
I can afford hosting anymore and it makes more sense as an app. Unless you want another app webpage, anon.

Who's the cancerous one now?
>>
>>57210762
Yes, but is there something like a Perapera for alt-codes?
>>
>>57218466
>can't
>>
>>57218434
Do you just need the list?

If you're on Linux:
perl -E 'say "websitename.com/doc/$_.pdf" for 1..3000'
>>
>>57213940
wikipedia
>>
>>57218466
Where would your app draw its content from? Is it just a static webpage? Also neither, I want a proper fucking website I can browse instead of a gimped down and bloated web "app".
>>
Can someone help me out with some non-shit settings to encode a video to HEVC without it taking 14 years per 50mb?

I just want to encode my 40GB collection of videos while retaining quality yet hopefully bringing it down to like 25GB
>>
>>57214334
lol no
>>
>>57218492
No I'm on windows7 and yes I just need the list.
>>
>>57218386
ororo.tv
>>
>>57218531
http://strawberryperl.com/releases.html
>>
>>57218535
so its....
youtube?
>>
>>57218545
the thing is if i connect from uk, usa or whatever is something weird like youtube, but if i connect from spain i have like 600 tv shows with subtitles
>>
File: 1477019116280.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477019116280.gif
4MB, 640x360px
What's a good, video editing software for Windows?
>>
>>57218531
You can run this on ideone.com (language is Perl) or something and it should generate the list.
print "websitename.com/doc/$_.pdf\n" for 1..3000;

You could try and hack an equivelant in batch
>>
>>57218567
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html
>>
What happens when I mix two monitors with different refresh rate, say 144Hz and 60Hz? I did some googling and some says it's perfectly fine as long as the GPU can handle it while others says it's going to bump down to the lowest setting and makes it look choppy/laggy. I only plan to game on one monitor and use the other for work, will this setup work?
>>
>>57208632
>GTX 950

That's definitely not a laptop.
>>
>>57218564
Australia here, works just fine
>>
>>57218583
yes thank you i was already figuring it out.
>>
>>57218599
guaranteed he got the gimped laptop version of the 950
>>
>>57218623
Sure, good luck
>>
>>57218502
Local resources. I got them all. Would make for a big app I guess, but at least nobody can say it spies on you
>>
>>57218368
who do you have a wepbage
>>
is the BenQ XL2411Z a decent buy for around 200 bongbucks?

are there any other monitors that I should take a look at instead?
>>
>>57218663
Couldn't you just sign up for 000webhost or Heroku or something and put it there? What's the site/app for? How much traffic does it get? If it's interactive to any degree and has enough users to drive traffic beyond free hosting, why don't you just turn it into a proper app?

Otherwise, use WebView or one of the billion app frameworks out there.

http://ionicframework.com/
https://framework7.io/
https://gonative.io/
http://phonegap.com/
https://cordova.apache.org/

Then go hang yourself.
>>
>>57218712
I don't have the BenQ so I can't comment on quality but I do have this and I like it a lot
https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0
>>
I want to hook up my external hard drive to my Pi. It doesn't provide enough power for the drive. Whats a good way to power it?
>>
>>57218746
Thanks, anon. Wish me wealth.
>>
>>57214334
yeah, no
>>
>>57208211
How do I post on facebook while being postblocked
>>
I'm working on turning an old Android phone into a smartwatch, what app can I use to send notifications from my main phone to this one and reply to or act on them from it?
>>
File: man_down_syndrome_computer_job.jpg (146KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
man_down_syndrome_computer_job.jpg
146KB, 600x350px
>>57218750
Thanks anon
>>
File: Screenshot_20161024-130052.png (229KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161024-130052.png
229KB, 1080x1920px
Why doesn't Clover tell me when a thread is archived anymore?
Since the update, they don't show the icon but I need to scroll through each thread and find out at the bottom.
>>
GeForce GTX 1070 iChill X3 or GeForce GTX 1070 Phoenix GS?
>>
>>57218945
Tap the cog icon, enable the thread watcher.
>>
>>57219241
Ty but I used to be able to find out without thread watching
>>
Not really tech related but I was wondering

>walk into gas station mart
>i'm the only person in there
>cashier is rude to me for no reason

If I just knock shit off of shelves and run away, can the cashier do anything really? Assuming nothing gets damaged, it's just a bunch of candy and stuff. He'll just be forced to clean up the mess, right?
>>
>>57219882
Well he can call the cops, but I doubt they will do anything.
Does the mart have cameras?
>>
>>57219912
i assume the mart has cameras but again what can they do? sue me for making a mess?
>>
>>57218115
google translate

>>57218135
just hook your shit up to the fucking PC directly you tard

>>57218139
>having shortcuts on desktop
and it's because it changes the resolution

>>57218516
there are millions of guides on the google.

>>57218567
shotcut, premier, vegas. the first is FOSS.

>>57218594
one will run 144hz and the other 60hz

>>57218794
powered usb hub

>>57219146
google reviews and benchmarks yourself
>>
>>57208211
What's a safe way to pirate Windows 7?
>>
>>57219961
download iso from windowsiso.net
download daz windows loader from MDL forums

also
new thread: >>57219213
>>
>>57216867
Using SSD on windows 10
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.