[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when China took over the world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY
>>
>>57202977
doesnt intel still produce their chips in israel
>>
>>57202994
When the Americans goofed up the Pentium 4, they moved R&D to Israel, which resulted in the end of AMD. But I highly doubt they actually mass-produce processors/chips there. Too expensive.
>>
>>57202977
There is a reason why made in china is a sign of low quality products. It's the modus operandi for them, to scam, to deceive, to rip off.
>>
>>57202994
No. Chip design is turn over there, but the fabs are still almost all here in the U.S.
>>
>>57203033
I don't understand how the p4 even happened

...did they seriously think it would be able to run at 10ghz?
>>
>>57202977
I want to live in china and be a reasonable sugar daddy
>>
>>57202977
Waste of time.
>>
>>57203097

The 65nm version of the P4 can hit 8 Ghz with liquid nitrogen cooling.
>>
>>57203225
What is the power draw like :^^)?
>>
I sincerely hope China can turn their shit around and become an actual leader of innovation & technology. Because as it stands right now China merely copies the west at every chance, they pollute their environment without consideration, and they treat each other with no respect, such a sad dystopian culture.

But if they can pull themselves out of this phase China could seriously set a new standard on the world. Since they are the most closely related to whites in terms of sophistication they might set a new paradigm in global innovation.

Since whites (particularly in Europe with their horrible immigration policies) are essentially wiping out their own race by letting in 3rd world barbarians outbreed them.

China has 1.3 BILLION people, and then tack on the combined population of South Korea & Japan equaling around 180 million... the world might be okay after all. Since Arabs, Africans, and most Hispanics are absolute trash in terms of progression there must be a counter balance or else we'll fall into a 3rd world dark age of violence, rape, and gangs.
>>
>>57202977
>Where were you when China took over the world?
In Guangzhou, 70min north by train from Shenzhen.
>>
>>57203097
>>I don't understand how the p4 even happened
Intel realized that the general public does not comprehend things like instructions per clock or which applications are ALU or FPU heavy or superscalar execution or branch prediction or cache efficiency. They realized that what the general public could do really well was compare megahertz numbers. So they designed a chip with the goal of having a higher clock speed, regardless of what that'd do to overall performance.

It worked for a while. Willamette sucked but Northwood checked AMD's march for a while. At Prescott they ran into a thermal wall, though. Tejas was designed for 4GHz+ but they canceled it because they realized they'd need a 200W TDP to make it work at those speeds, and OEMs (who, remember, value silence above performance) were already screaming at them over the 130W TDPs of existing stuff. (that's the reason why only the server chips go over that number, that's where they were at when Dell and HP and co. revolted over heat)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.