[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LibreTorrent 1.1 is out, first update of this FOSS Torrent client

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: unnamed.png (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
39KB, 300x300px
>Bugfixing
>Removed Tor (by popular demand)
>Added new translations:
German
Lithuanian
>Set 65534 as maximum port

https://github.com/proninyaroslav/libretorrent/releases/tag/1.1

Why haven't you dropped Flud for the only true FOSS torrent client for Android, /g/?

This will become the official Android torrent client of /g/
>>
>>57202637
Real Question: For what do in need a torrent client on my phone ? Even when using an old phone at the home wifi its a pain in the ass to mount a network drive or something to download all the stuff. Why not use ... you know ... a system which isnt meant to be used mobile only ?
>>
>>57202667
>For what do in need a torrent client on my phone ?

Because you want to download directly to your device. Do you torrent to your desktop and then transfer to your laptop with a cable? No. You torrent straight to the laptop.
>>
>>57202683
> Do you torrent to your desktop and then transfer to your laptop with a cable? No. You torrent straight to the laptop.

Enough said.
>>

Why?
>>
>>57202667
Because you want your phone to do everything a laptop can do you fucking idiot.

Why do you think we make fun of people who use iPhones that can't even run certain apps? Because they are artificially limited little toys, not mobile computing devices.

Why the fuck are you people on /g/ when you actually think technology should be limited to desktops? Why the fuck can't a phone do more of what a desktop can do?
>>
>>57202751
The community said it was a bad idea, and they are right.

What are you even doing on /g/ if you think that is a good idea?
>>
>Remove Tor
Thank goodness. Giving people the option to use Tor with torrents is silly. The network as a whole has been improved.

>>57202667
Music in a hurry, pics in a hurry, etc.

>>5720275
Tor uses UCP whereas HTTP/Torrents use TCP. UCP allows for dropped packets ans fucks torrents. Also, slows down the network.
>>
>>57202667
>For what do in need a torrent client on my phone ?

I bought an Android phone because its the closest thing to a laptop in my pocket.

Why are you such a fucking cuck that you actually want Android users to not be allowed to do whatever they want on their phone?
>>
>>57202793
>Tor uses UCP whereas HTTP/Torrents use TCP. UCP allows for dropped packets ans fucks torrents. Also, slows down the network.
Tor is TCP-only, http uses TCP, but torrents can use either, infact, it's common for modern clients to use uTP, a UDP-based transport protocol
>>
>>57202683
>>57202760
>>57202793
>>57202805

Dont have a problem with people who want a 'mobile' computer in their pocket. Am also an android user. But still, i made the experience android is to limited and in cases like torrenting simple a pain in the ass. Simply because android is not built like a 'full-desktop' os. I simply upload the torrentfile to my HomeServer, which downloads the files, and sync that up with my phone.

Dunno why /g/ users always have to freak out like some autist, when you question their workflow. I just asked kek.
>>
>>57202905
In some cases, you want to torrent to your phone. Like when you want to just download music, which is on literally thousands of torrents.

It's more autistic that you couldn't see that this is what a normal person would do instead of downloading to a server and then syncing to a phone.
>>
>>57202931
Didn say it is the norm to load it to a Homeserver and sync it.
>>
>>57202931
If someone is sperging out here it is definitely you, not the other guy.
It is nice to have the ability to download torrents directly on the phone tho, it isn't something that I would do but it is better having the opportunity to do so than the other way around.
>>
>>57203264
The other guy is autistic.
>>
>removed tor
DROPPED

Plenny of better software.
>>
>>57203956
stay retarded
>>
>>57202667
In addition to what's already been said
1. It's illegal to torrent in some cuck countries like Germany, so logging onto a public wifi to just torrent your shit is a good idea. If you know what you're doing, there will be no way to trace the torrenting back to you.
2. Some people don't have unlimited bandwidth at home, so they go out and leave their devices torrenting on someone's wifi.
>>
>>57204125
in germoney, loading the latest of bubuntu by torrent is to get you jailed
>>
>>57204339
no
>>
f-droid when
>>
>>57204125
>If you know what you're doing, there will be no way to trace the torrenting back to you.
I live in a cuck country, how do I do that?
>>
>>57204813
Have a rooted Android device with xprivacy and AFwall+ installed.
When torrenting switch to a profile in AFwall+ which only allows networking over the torrent app while preventing other apps from using Internet.
Deny any (including most system apps) permission to access your identity, location, accounts, clipboard, contacts, eMail, phone information and sensors by using xprivacy, and randomize your information for each separate app.
>>
>>57204944
Danke
>>
>>57202637
Nice project.
Is it yours, OP?
>>
>>57202805

>Why are you such a fucking cuck that you actually want Android users to not be allowed to do whatever they want on their phone?

Because it's a piece of shit that lags and freezes. The army even ditched it because of that, you can't deny that it's shit.
>>
File: 1447683786518.png (157KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447683786518.png
157KB, 400x400px
>>57202637
>>
>>57205186
>The army
You mean YOUR army.
>>
>>57202905
When I used my tablet a lot, I used to torrent on it.
And I don't know what's the deal.

> Go to tracker
> Click link
> Automatically opens Flud
> Sequential download if it's a popular show and I don't feel like waiting
> Click on open file
> MxPlayer automatically starts

> It just works

Not harder than on a computer, and if you're a normie that cannot grasp how torrents work you probably already use popcorntime.

I want to go full Appletard but the thought of losing the ability to do all of this, I can't get over it.
>>
>>57202772
Not previous anon, but please spoonfeed why is it bad?
>>
Why would I leave Flud?
>>
>>57205186
>Because it's a piece of shit that lags and freezes.
t. samshit user with stock rom
>>
>>57205298
Ads
Also is not foss bro

It was good but now someone gave us something better
>>
Do you even have enough free space on your Android devices for torrenting?
>>
>>57205708

yes, it's called an SD card
>>
>>57204944
or simply use a laptop which is way easier to set up. Nicht alles muss man mitm Handy machen Bernd!
>>
>>57205806
But you can nicht carry it in your pocket.
>>
>>57206121
That's a Punkt.
>>
>>57202683
I do. There's this invention called sftp.
>>
>>57202931
DLing music to your smurt fone.
GET OUT NORMANS ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>57202637
>torrenting on android
autistic.
>>
>>57204944
Mac address. change that too
>>
>>57205254
Doesn't anonymize you (leakage) and hurts the tor network
>>
>>57202905
Don't forget there's a bunch of Android-based media centers.
>>
>>57205741
Which this doesn't support yet.
I guess I'm sticking to the Termux + aria2c combo for now.
>>
>>57202637
What i dont get is how it is on github when its supposed to be libre. Gitlab or savanna i would seem preferable options.
>>
>>57205209
which is a great thing to do
>>
File: tor.png (122KB, 741x593px) Image search: [Google]
tor.png
122KB, 741x593px
>>57202793

Tor uses TCP exclusively at the moment.
>>
File: 1473100040207.jpg (24KB, 324x203px) Image search: [Google]
1473100040207.jpg
24KB, 324x203px
Not seeing the update on my end. Still on 1.0 and nothing in the update list in Google store.

Have I been forsaken?
>>
how2update?
>>
>>57202637

>based on libtorrent

Not even once. libtorrent has bugs that are never going to be fixed, including the infamous "stalled" bug. Any client that uses these libraries is going to run into the same issues eventually.

>qBittorrent
>rTorrent
>Deluge

All libtorrent shit.

Transmission and Tixati are about your only choices anymore.

>inb4 "It just werks on MY machine!"
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.