[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smartphone cucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: NSA-Smartphone-Spying.jpg (67KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
NSA-Smartphone-Spying.jpg
67KB, 620x320px
>he/she uses a mobile tracking device with proprietary radio
What's your excuse?
>>
File: NSA_loves_your_tracking_device.jpg (985KB, 3500x2302px) Image search: [Google]
NSA_loves_your_tracking_device.jpg
985KB, 3500x2302px
http://www.osnews.com/story/27416/The_second_operating_system_hiding_in_every_mobile_phone

Top cucks.
>>
i don't appreciate either of the pronouns you used. i would prefer that you use "zhe" or "one" please asshole.
>>
File: GCHQ.jpg (319KB, 1024x648px) Image search: [Google]
GCHQ.jpg
319KB, 1024x648px
>Some Android devices are “tyrants”: they are designed so users cannot install and run their own modified software, only the versions approved by some company. In that situation, the executables are not free even if they were made from sources that are free and available to you. However, some Android devices can be “rooted” so users can install different software.

Important firmware or drivers are generally proprietary also. These handle the phone network radio, WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, 3D graphics, the camera, the speaker, and in some cases the microphone too. On some models, a few of these drivers are free, and there are some that you can do without—but you can't do without the microphone or the phone network radio.

The phone network firmware comes preinstalled. If all it did was sit there and talk to the phone network when you wish, we could regard it as equivalent to a circuit. When we insist that the software in a computing device must be free, we can overlook preinstalled firmware that will never be upgraded, because it makes no difference to the user that it's a program rather than a circuit.

On most Android devices, this firmware has so much control that it could turn the product into a listening device. On some, it controls the microphone. On some, it can take full control of the main computer, through shared memory, and can thus override or replace whatever free software you have installed. With some, perhaps all, models it is possible to exercise remote control of this firmware to overwrite the rest of the software in the device. The point of free software is that we have control of our software and our computing; a system with a back door doesn't qualify. While any computing system might have bugs, these devices can be bugs. (Craig Murray, in Murder in Samarkand, relates his involvement in an intelligence operation that remotely converted an unsuspecting target's non-Android portable phone into a listening device.)

C U C K S
>>
File: nsa_smiley.jpg (13KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nsa_smiley.jpg
13KB, 800x600px
>Spying on Mobile Communications
Mobile phone networks were not originally designed to use technical means to protect subscribers' calls against eavesdropping. That meant that anybody with the right kind of radio receiver could listen in on the calls.

The situation is somewhat better today, but sometimes only slightly. Encryption technologies have been added to mobile communications standards to try to prevent eavesdropping. But many of these technologies have been poorly designed (sometimes deliberately, due to government pressure not to use strong encryption!). They have been unevenly deployed, so they might be available on one carrier but not another, or in one country but not another, and have sometimes been implemented incorrectly. For example, in some countries carriers do not enable encryption at all, or they use obsolete technical standards. This means it is often still possible for someone with the right kind of radio receiver to intercept calls and text messages as they're transmitted over the air.

https://ssd.eff.org/en/module/problem-mobile-phones
>>
File: zombie apocalypse.jpg (116KB, 620x616px) Image search: [Google]
zombie apocalypse.jpg
116KB, 620x616px
Most people don't need smartphones as much as they think. And they would actually be happier without them
>>
File: 1450255272912.jpg (140KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1450255272912.jpg
140KB, 960x1280px
>>57200249
I'm 20. I've never owned a smartphone. All my phones since 12 years old have been prepaid Tracfones. I'm currently using LG's 306G touchscreen phone, which I got last month, and LG's 440G. The (proprietary) operating systems just werk and as far as I know I can't be spied on all that much; just the usual metadata collection I suppose, along with tracking your phone via cell phone tower proximity during communications.

Feels decent. Could anyone tell me more about a free software Android replacement or enhancement? I doubt it's an option at this point or ever will be, but I figure if anyone has information, I'd like to know. I already know about F-Droid and CyanogenMod.
>>
>>57200249
I don't care.
>>
I haven't had a phone in 8 months. Getting service again next week because 4G hotspot and communication where cellular Internet is the only option.
>>
>>57200436
When will this nightmare end?
>>
>>57200249
>What's your excuse?
Spotify
WhatsApp
camera
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.