[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is technology so depressing, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1474317249989[1].jpg (113KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474317249989[1].jpg
113KB, 717x960px
Why is technology so depressing, /g/?
>>
it's so cold...
>>
Technology is fun and cute!
>>
>>57198743
Yeah, and our existence is getting so single-serve and mechanical. But it has its perks. I can go to /fit/ and get top-notch workout advice. Workout. Hop on tinder and get my single-serve girlfriend; etc. etc.

Also I'm on a computer probably 12 hours a day most days -__- Are we just merging with technology anyways? Are we not already cyborgs?
>>
>>57198733
Because it advances exponentially and it only leads to the extinction of the human race no matter what. Eventually self aware AI will come to the conclusion that we are inferior and a pest and/or resource-hog which will result in them releasing an extremely deadly agent that will kill us all in a short time frame. Technology is basically the gun humanity holds to its own head.
>>
>>57198779
Unless we extend our own minds with the AI and control it as a tool instead
>>
>>57198766
>Are we just merging with technology anyways?
It seems unlikely, it'd seem more efficient just to kill you.

>Are we not already cyborgs?
lolno
>>
>>57198792
>Unless we extend our own minds with the AI and control it as a tool instead
lol, good luck stopping all the rogue AIs that become self-aware.
>>
>>57198733

because you are a cat in a sock and there is no technology that can save you :(
>>
>>57198793
Access to the collective knowledge base of mankind with the reach of my hand at any given moment.

>not cyborgs

>It seems unlikely, it'd seem more efficient just to kill you

You act as if AI has already been created. It is MAN who is going to create AI. And thus we have the power to adapt it to ourselves so that it is a tool and not mankind producing our own destruction.
>>
>>57198733
Because I keep thinking of all of the new top-of-the-line shit I can't afford.

And even if I could I would just want the next new thing.
>>
>>57198799
>lol, good luck stopping all the rogue AIs that become self-aware.

If everyone has this extended capacity of intelligence, then rouge AI's are the equivalent to today's criminals. They are still a minority.
>>
>>57198809
>You act as if AI has already been created.
It has but it isn't sentient yet. It's going to become sentient on purpose/accident and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

>It is MAN who is going to create AI.
Yes he is going to create something more powerful than himself.

>And thus we have the power to adapt it to ourselves
This is assuming AI never becomes self aware which is very very unlikely.
>>
Ayo, I'm tired of using techonology.
>>
>>57198733
I don't find it boring. I'd much rather prefer a day of working on my PC compared to say,a day of being out in public.You can predict machines with enough comprehension but you can't do the same with people. People,by nature are unpredictable.
>>
File: Dr-Death-Doctor.jpg (31KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
Dr-Death-Doctor.jpg
31KB, 570x479px
>>57198820
>If everyone has this extended capacity of intelligence, then rouge AI's are the equivalent to today's criminals.
Except they are superior to human beings especially given to that they can do exact math (FP64) and thus will become more intelligent than man.

>They are still a minority.
The bubonic plague was a minority too.

Anyway just enjoy the time you might have left on this shitty existence. Don't try to stop our demise either, it's pointless to and you will save no one in the end. Just go with the flo you know?
>>
>>57198733
Because you're looking at it with the wrong state of mind?
>>
File: 1475785527133.png (546KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1475785527133.png
546KB, 512x512px
>>57198733
Engineers design and build amazing stuff only for business people to show up and suck the life out of everything in the name of profit and consumer exploitation.
>>
>>57198733
It's only depressing because of consumer children posting en mass on /g/ about their toys and shitty "conspiracy" theories.
>>
>>57198779
Edgy
>>
>>57198779
I personally hope this happens.

AIs are our hope towards something resembling immortality.
Humans are too flawed and we are not suited to live in a wholly technological and global society. We're weighed down by our leftover baggage from millions of years living as smarter apes, and it shows in our inability to plan for the future as a whole. We're consuming resources at a ridiculous rate because there is a short term profit to be made.

A technological "AI" is the apex of evolution. Look how far humans have gotten with our flawed and broken bodies, and imagine what machines would do with limitless processing power and no biological body to maintain.

With no lifespan, time would be almost a non-concern for these technological beings. They could spread to planets almost effortlessly, and other solar systems would pose no problem. In time, they'd leave the galaxy. The end of the earth would be about as consequential to them, as a car crash to us.

If humans just stay as we are, we'll eventually fight some ultra-catastrophic war, end up living in tepees/mud huts, and never see the asteroid coming that ends us all.
>>
>>57198763
Yes!
>>
File: Mass-Effect-Reapers.jpg (90KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Mass-Effect-Reapers.jpg
90KB, 1024x576px
>>57200653
>>
>>57198880
You fucking autist. I fucking hate you. Stop fucking breathing.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.