[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arch + Grub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Used arch-anywhere, grub didn't install, and i can't boot into the partition. i'm out of ideas and need some help.
>>
>>57194740
k. keep us posted.
>>
Install Gen2.
>>
>>57194740
boot back into your live cd, chroot into the arch partition, and follow the arch wiki guide on installing grub.
>>
>>57194786
Real advise. Thank you. Will keep you all updated.
>>
>arch anywhere
Just install Arch the normal way. It's not that fucking difficult and if something fucks up it'll be only because of your own incompetence and not because of some shitty installer.
>>
>>57194815
No one cares man
>>
>>57194786
other anon here
I reinstalled grub but now doesn't show windows partition
any hint?
>>
notes for archbang

ARCH
make msdos partition table
flag "boot" main partition, little bit for swap
install archbang
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
sudo fast-install
sudo arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash
sudo grub-install /dev/sda
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
>>
>>57194740
>arch-anywhere
Just use manjaro nigga
>>
Just use Antergos. It's Arch without the autism.
>>
>>57194740
>grub
there's your problem

use gpt instead of mbr and refind instead of some shite like grub

>>57194965
>progress is made so we can keep doing things the hard way unnecessarily
>>
>>57196110
This.

By the way that makes a good slogan, "Arch without the autism".
>>
>>57196210
>progress is made so we can keep doing things the hard way unnecessarily
Progress isn't made by making technology easier available to those who lack understanding of it.
>>
>>57196110
why don't they use gdm with gnome?
>>
>>57196054
i doubt you're seeing this, but install os-prober and run "sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg"
>>
>>57197203
I saw it, it worked great, thanks!
>>
>>57194740
boot into a live cd
mount your file system
chroot to the root of the mounted file system
install grub and run grub-mkconfig
reboot
>>
>>57197099
Probably has something to do with the fact they want to support multiple DEs. It only takes a second to swap lightdm for gdm.

Something got messed up with the lightdm they rolled a week or so back. Quite a shitshow.
>>
>>57198927
its pretty dumb a lot of gnome functionality is tied into gdm like off the top of my head the ability to turn off the screen after a few minutes of inactivity
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.