[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trade schools for coding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ddd.png (600KB, 816x888px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
600KB, 816x888px
Are those trade schools that teach you to code really as good as they say? They claim to teach you the practical parts of coding instead of BS like making essays and scientific methods. But are they all a waste of time and money? Do you learn enough?

http://archive.is/iMnTU
>>
Self-teaching is the best way.
>>
You dont need a pricey code school but only the internet to learn to code. and even if you pay a fortune to get a grasp at syntax and semantics of some meme language there is still a 99% chance that you cant actually write anything useful. If you have what it takes to be a decent coder you dont need a school for it.
>>
>>57188652
How will you convince employers to hire you without a certificate?
>>
>>57190090
Develop credibility by learning a set of skills. Put it on a resume. I suggest getting involved with online projects. More employers are finding it annoying that fresh-out-of-college applicants are not able to meet expectations. Perhaps it's also that everyone has a degree or degrees and it doesn't mean all that much since most programmers are self-taught. Self-taught in this area shows you also posses motivation and genuinely enjoy your work.

Also, there is a trend of using online schools. I've heard about several people finding employment.
>>
>coding

Best sign to not read any articles or posts with that word in it used in that context.
>>
>>57188616
lol sure people with a degree in CS from an Ivy league cannot get a job? KEK get fucking real. Ivy league degrees are worth 50x more than your trade school shit and 500x more than your state college shit.
>>
>>57190090
You don't. Not even 2 years of experience working as a software dev can help you get a job as a self learned, unless you get lucky or live in silimeme valley.
>>
>>57191127
This is what pajeets actually believe
I work for a fortune 500 doing low level windows dev based around undocumented winapi calls
Everything I know is self taught/learned on the job and I have no degree. I can easily go to any other company after this. It's all about finding your own niche
>>
>>57191188
I work at an actually respected company in the Fortune 50 instead of some no name place doing shady shit with Windows and everyone I know has degrees.
>>
>>57191242
I 100% guarantee you know the name of the company I work for, it's a multi billion dollar video game company in socal
>>
>>57191274
>video games
Kek. Enjoy your 80 hour workweek and 80k a year salary.
>>
>>57191286
I don't work on any of the game teams, and they have to be competitive w/ government contractors for my position due to the small group of people who actually know how to do this
>>
>>57191286

>work for vidya game co
>all the dudes are cool
>manager says we have deadlines but he buys pizza and beer, then after hours we hang out and play Magic the Gathering
>colleagues bring in movies we watch those during lunch and late night breaks
>sometimes it was D&D on the weekend, or football party

>work

hated leaving that fucking place

best four years of my life
>>
>>57191242
That is just your own anecdotal evidence. It still doesn't mean self-taught can't be hired to the same company. Many people have and always will. I know justifying the money spent is important because we don't want to admit some can reach that level for free. It's okay. We get it.
>>
>>57191188
All pajeets have a fake degree from university from bangladesh. Only people in the western world can afford to be self taught.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.