[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 37

File: Futuristic.jpg (950KB, 1500x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Futuristic.jpg
950KB, 1500x1214px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LeEco Announces Le Pro 3, Snapdragon 821 and 4,070mAh Battery for $299 in the US.
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/10/19/13330566/leecho-le-pro3-android-smartphone-us-launch

LeEco Officially Announces The $149 Le S3 with Snapdragon 652
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/10/leeco-officially-announces-the-249-le-s3.html

OnePlus 3T moniker spotted online; device said to be powered by Snapdragon 821
http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_3t_moniker_spotted_online_said_to_be_powered_by_snapdragon_821-news-21217.php

Android 7.0 Nougat update starts hitting Motorola Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus
http://www.gsmarena.com/android_70_nougat_update_starts_hitting_motorola_moto_g4_and_moto_g4_plus-news-21215.php

ZTE is announcing a big phone on October 27, probably the Axon 7 Max
http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_is_announcing_a_big_phone_on_october_27_probably_the_axon_7_max_-news-21203.php

Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is now official with Snapdragon 653, 6GB of RAM
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c9_pro_is_now_official_with_snapdragon_653_6gb_of_ram-news-21228.php

old >>57174691
>>
iPhone 7 plus or pixel xl? Due for an upgrade soon. Coming from Nexus 6p.
>>
>>57188598

I got the Pixel XL if you have questions.
>>
>>57188598
why wouldnt you choose an iphone?
>>
>>57188608
Coming from a 6p, is it worth it? Or should I get something different?
>>
When are they gonna restock the pixel xl on the google store senpaitachi? Need that black color and 128gb.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161022-142617.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161022-142617.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>57188738

What's important to you in a smartphone?

The single bottom firing speaker is worse than the 6P's stereo front facing.

The camera, performance and battery life are better than the 6P though. Pixel XL screen is slightly smaller than the 6P

Both the iPhone 7 and Pixel will only be marginal upgrades over the 6P, so unless you're dying to be on the absolute cutting edge, I'd stick with the 6P honestly. The iPhone 7 and Pixel are the best of the best for their respective ecosystems, so get the Pixel XL if you want to stick with Android, or an iPhone 7 if you want to make the jump to iOS.
>>
So I just read about Motorola Z play, Is it a good purchase /spg/? Im planning to buy it soon, tell me if it has a good enough specs as I need your second opinion in this.
>>
My OP3 will be here Monday. I'm switching from a 6S. Pretty excited guys.
>>
>>57188598
It's basically do you want Android or ios
>>
File: tumblr_o5mlmp5EnV1un56yzo1_1280.jpg (64KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5mlmp5EnV1un56yzo1_1280.jpg
64KB, 1080x1080px
/g/, we have to make a new app chart so people can stop making the same threads over and over again. A big one, too - with alternatives and short descriptions as to how they differ.
>PowerAMP, Foobar2k, GMMP, BlackPlayer, Vanilla, Phonograph, Neutron, Timber, etc.
>Youtube/Newpipe
>Solid Explorer/Total Commander/Amaze
>>
Any hope for iMessage to come to Android :/
>>
That's as likely as Linux getting Internet Explorer. Wait, somebody could actually pull that off unofficially - it's impossible for iMessage to get on Android unless Apple allows it.
>>
>>57189022
TubeMate tTorrent clover Firefox naked browser lightning browser quickpic from xda
A collection of fdroid apps like osmand and shit would be nice too.
>>
File: 46.jpg (216KB, 569x571px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
216KB, 569x571px
>buy android phone
>nifty feature in Android 6.0 Marshmallow that allows the user to deny permissions on an app level basis
>disable all permissions for "Google Play Serives" (location, body sensor etc)
>Gmail throws out error messages every 10 seconds when writing an email and says that I need to enable ALL permissions for Google Play Services for Gmail to function

Really Google? How about following your own god damn guidelines and shutting the hell up. If I said that you can't have permission for my location and body sensor, then respect my decision. Fucking faggots

How about atleast telling me what the fucking permissions are needed for. Tell me Google, why the body sensor permission is needed to write a fucking email, obviously the gmail app still fucking works even with all permissions disabled for google play services, except for that fucking popup message every 10 seconds. Why do you say i need to enable permissions if they are not fucking necessary
>>
>>57189077
>AdAway
Hosts-based adblocker, requires root access.
>DNS66
A newcomer (first release was 2 days ago on F-Droid) to the adblocking world on mobile devices, it looks pretty promising. Has some bugs that have to be ironed out (see https://github.com/julian-klode/dns66), but it doesn't require proxy fuckery unlike ABP, and doesn't require root access at all. Supports 5.0 and above.
>>
Kind of a weird question, but my friend has an iPhone 4S which he says sometimes leaks "green goo"

Now I'm curious, anyone know what the fuck that is?
>>
Should I upgrade from moto g 3rd gen to redmeme 3 pro?
>>
>>57189160
My phone is rooted so it's running MinMinGuard and YouTube AdAway.
>DNS66
One of these add hiding tools?
>>
File: 111.jpg (190KB, 1075x1024px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
190KB, 1075x1024px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxI1yWm76OI

These tests are never very accurate so I'd say they are equally fast, but it goes to show that

>if you believe having the latest version of Android is necessary, you're stuck in the past, Nougat isn't any faster (yet, maybe, but still a huge difference compared to the past where previous android versions got shat upon regularly)
>on screen buttons FUCKING SUCK. He uses them on the OP3 as well and wasted a ton of time to swipe up instead of touching the home button, I got triggered.

So more reasons to say that the Pixel just isn't worth it, any way you look at it it's no better than even the OP3. How the mighty have fallen.
>>
>>57189204
Yeah. It's really new so it's buggy.
>>
>>57189210
nougat brings significant battery increases with aggressive doze. it can be done on earlier androids but you get all those nasty side effects such as no receiving calls.
>>
>>57188598
Wait next year. None of those phones are an upgrade over the 6p in any reasonable sense of the word.
>>
>>57189226
But worth using? Just got a new phone and it's not rooted yet, don't know when I'll get around to doing so.
>>
>>57189257
To justify the doubled price it'd have to last easily 2+ days, and remember that the S7 Edge is cheaper and has a huge battery if that's your necessity - with a better screen and better camera to boot.

I jut cannot find a single HARDWARE redeeming quality for both pixel phones, it's sad.
>>
Hi. I'm terribly uneducated about phones, and never owned one at any point in my life, but I'm looking to buy one (or something like one) in the next two months. I'm looking for a device that can be my 'all-in-one' for listening to music (space is an issue), taking photos (and them being appropriate quality), and using the internet when I'm away from home.

That's mostly all I see myself using it for, but because of that, I have no idea which one would be appropriate for me to buy, or how to go about buying one (perhaps mainly because of my lack of knowledge on how carriers work).

Wondering what your opinion is, since I am unsure as to what my potential logical solutions are.
>>
>>57189262
Pixel xl has a sd821 right? It gets more than twice as much points in AnTuTu. That's not too bad.

(Don't think I care about benchmarks I used my m7 three years tho.)
>>
>>57189273
I'm not using it myself, sorry. I already use AdAway. It's a non-root app, so it wouldn't hurt for you to try it and report the results.
>>
>>57189320
Pixel/iphone
>>
>>57189323
Guess I will then. Is this the only ad-blocking app that doesn't require root, or are there any others you'd recommend? I always assumed they all needed root.
>>
>>57189320
>Budget
>Do you own any devices or software that are part of an ecosystem you wish to keep using? (es. Apple software and OS, or you use a lot of Google Drive, Google Maps, etc.)
>do you use your phone for media so you want a big screen, or you're more of that kind of guy that dresses tight and needs a smaller phone so it doesn't bulge around?

And dunno, tell us more.
Straight away I think your current best options, disregarding price, are:

>Iphone if you use all OSX computers at home/work. It'll just work better. 7 or 7 plus... the 7 plus is the size of a 6" Android Phone, so really huge. Too big for most.
>Android if not. I'd say your choices are HTC 10, LG V20 or Samsung S7 or S7 Edge depending on budget and preferences, the V20 is a pretty amazing phone but even bigger than the 7 plus. Another option is the OnePlus3, which is a great phone and the best budget conscious choice, but you're looking at 4 weeks of wait time because OP has troubles sourcing screens. This also means that if you crack your screen you're into deep shit (it'll take weeks to get it replaced.)

>>57189322
It's crazy that it gets high numbers and it doesn't translate into a big edge in real world terms though. I guess Nougat still needs a lot of work.
>>
>>57189022
I thought this was a sink for the longest time.
>>
>>57189365
Adblock Plus, but again, I have never used it myself, since I have always rooted my devices as soon as I got them.

https://update.adblockplus.org/latest/adblockplusandroid.apk
Also, it works only through wi-fi, and it requires some proxy fuckery. Not even sure if it works anymore.
>>
Huawei P9 Lite here, AMA. Got it for $199
>>
Should I install the latest CM for Kate?

This guide doesn't say which so I assume is latest Nightly: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2566258#r51587231

Also what's this last part about?
>After this has completed, boot into fastboot mode and flash Kate's modem from the MIUI fastboot ROM. From your computer, enter "fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin"
>>
>>57189370
Eh the reviews I read said the xl is absolutely responsive..
Talking about daily usage even my HTC m7 didn't lag over the years. This lagdroid meme is over tho. It only affects bottom of the barrel asiashit (Samsung devices).
>>
Question:

If I was to machine or 3d print my own phone shell, where would I buy the components (where i don't have to buy in bulk) to prototype it?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161022-104619[1].png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161022-104619[1].png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Waiting for my Pixel XL to come in on monday. They are assholes and begin shipping on a friday so now i have to wait the weekend even though i bought overnight shipping.
>>
>>57189116
>using gmail
you deserve it
>>
>>57189497
Even a Huawei P9L is absolutely responsive and even Samshit devices nowadays are reponsive, they'll probably lose out in long term lag, but considering the Google phone is now MORE expensive... I honestly don't see the point.
>>
A few questions: is there any reason to get a pixel, or should I just wait for google to port assistant to other phones?

For the people who have bought pixels, why?
>>
>>57189660
There is literally nothing on Pixel phones that cheaper phones already don't have, it actually has less features than cheaper phones and responsiveness is a non issue, in some places the avaivability date is so far back you'll be on Nougat AFTER other devices.

So no, no reason unless you really like how it looks. That's it. If you have a good phone just wait, Samsung has to fill a HUGE power hole (iPhone release was meh, Pixels are hilariously meh, Note 7 thing happened.) so this means they'll probably put all their money on the Samsung S8. It'd be silly not to, so it's likely that it will be an amazingly good device.
>>
File: 1475806004454.jpg (135KB, 857x427px) Image search: [Google]
1475806004454.jpg
135KB, 857x427px
Who comes up with these shitty "DUDE JUST PUT SOME ICONS ON A SLAB OF GLASS" phone concepts?

Also anyone with a mi note 3 can tell me how the screen is? I want a 2.5d arc screen phone with gorilla glass or something, but I'll settle if the note3 doesn't have a huge godawful blackbar bleedline around the screen.

Any good 2.5d arc screen phones would be choice too.
>>
>>57189660
Why would you want assistant? Do you want to be the autistic loser that talks to his phone? why would i ask the assistant for the weather when it takes 1 tap on my homescreen? there are very few instances where using the assistant is faster than just doing something yourself
>>
>>57189761
It's literally the only big selling feature of Nougat/Pixel phones, kek.
>>
>>57189586
I dunno everyone I know had problems with Samsung. A friend was really pissed about his s6. Switching between maps an Spotify took up to three seconds according to him. Autorotation broke somehow unfixable with factory reset an shit.
>>
>>57189761
I think that AI programs like assistant are going to continually improve, and eventually become the standard UI for normies. I'd like to experience the latest iterations of it.
>>
>>57189787
I know, and it's true, but the S7 seems like a genuinely good phone. The previous gen of flagship phones was generally plagued, to be honest, and older gen of Samsung devices were devastated by Touchjizz.
>>
>>57189801
Fair enough. I'm just always shocked at how useless they seem in the demonstrations. Asking them to search for the weather, restaurants, movies, pictures and shit like that is just a slower way to do something. Not to mention you look like a moron in public. The only useful thing I see is asking it to add an event to your calendar or setting an alarm. Or using it while driving.
>>
>>57189848
It run flawless the first months. Not sure that the same won't happen with the s7 looking at its cpu and GPU usage in daily tasks..
>>
>>57189370
I appreciate the suggestions. To give some more perspective, I'm probably only going to be using whatever I get for an average of a few minutes per day, not hours per week, and because of that, I feel like I should be able to make whatever I get last for... a while. Even if it's not a phone from this year.
So, would it still make sense to pay for one of those phones if I'm gonna barely use it compared to the average user here? Does a phone even make sense compared to some other handheld device (or does nothing else make enough sense in comparison, given what I want it to do?)? I have the budget to afford most suggestions regardless.
Also, I don't really care about how it looks/weighs/etc as long as I can get it to do what I paid for it to do (music+storage, photos, misc net stuff (*not* video games)).
>>
>>57189916
Sony Z5/c? The STAMINA Mode thing may come in handy for you.
>>
Worth it to get Xperia X for 359€?
>>
anyone know why might the email app sync sometimes and sometimes not ? I white-listed it from the battery optimization and it still stay out of sync till i open and sync manually
phone is xperia z3+ running 6.0.1
>>
>>57189186
No, you should upgrade to the Moto g 2nd gen.
>>
What's the best non-glitchy way to center the clock in the status bar?
I'm too used to the way iOS displays it, so I want it in the middle.
Currently on CM13, which has that built-in, but I'll switch to stock oxygen os sometime soon, and that doesn't allow me to do that.

I tried Gravitybox before, but the effect was glitchy.
>>
>>57189916
Well if you have the money, why not go for something nice.

Maybe HTC 10. All reviews I have seen are pretty enthusiastic of it, and while it's not full stereo, it does have a good headphone amp and very good phone audio - the ZTE Axon 7 would have even better audio, but I'm not 100% sure I could suggest a chinkphone to a non-poweruser type of person, I guess you just want something that works good all the time, and there are some small issues with chinkphones usually. I've never touched one, though.

It supports microsd's and it seems like a reliable powerhouse so it checks all the boxes, imho, also HTC made the current Google phones so it should be updated often. Check the price and see if you like it, there should be nothing wrong with it.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_10-review-1434.php
>>
What's the differences on GApps?
I have RN3P so which version to download, ARM or ARM64?
>>
The n sticker on the back of my Nexus 5 is peeling off, should I tear it off or should I glue it back on or something?
>>
>>57189916
Maybe OnePlus 3?
It's a pretty good phone.
Great build quality, good software, great screen, a really nice camera, it beats literally every other phone in benchmarks and real life usage (at least android phones) while also being fairly priced.

>>57190115
Well what's the arch of your phone's CPU?
it's either ARMv6-7 or ARM64 (Most likely 64)
>>
>>57190130
Just searched it up, it's ARM64

Also found a detailed view, I guess a Mini installation will do.
>>
I just bought my first smartphone, what do I do now?
>>
Just did a sidegrade from an LG G5 to the OnePlus 3, and what a sidegrade it is
>>
>get Lumia
>4chan was wrong, it's great

I'm thinking that most people here saying otherwise are just kids who want to play with obscure applications or shills.

It's an ideal all-purpose phone.
>>
>>57190244
kys

>>57190248
yeh lumia is pretty great
>>
>>57190248
Yeah the consensus wasn't that it's shit but it lacks decent developed app s.
>>
Why is the HTC 10 praised so much?
>>
>>57190529
Best flagship if you're not a filthy normie, there is literally no difference between it and the S7E/Nuke 7/iMeme/Bootloop in terms of specs yet it is noticeably more fluid, has an mSD slot, can be fully unlocked ie root/bootloader/sim with the blessing of HTC, second best battery life after S7E, good camera and has a fuckload of support in XDA, this thing will easily last you a good 5 years if you take care of it.
>>
>>57190670
Is it the 820 that's the space heater or is that the 810? I can't remember
>>
>>57190739
810 is the heater
>>
>>57190248
Lumia was always on the verge of being great. It just lacks proper support and it was never a bug free experience.

And it's just going to get worse since Lumia lost most of its market share and it's probably going to be kiled off soon.

>>57190739
810, 820 is fine.
>>
Anyone here uses Virgin Mobile with RN3P?
Just installed CM with the International Version and it is not showing any bars, even though MIUI did.
Everything else works fine though.
>>
>>57190805
fug, the HTC 10 is over 800$ though. for a phone that apparently nobody wants it sure is expensive
>>
>>57190805

Lumia won't matter anymore once MS releases the surface phone.
>>
I've never used a custom ROM on my daily driver before.

Is it worth taking the plunge? I have a note 4 and I'm getting sick of touchwiz so I feel like installing CM.
>>
>>57190938
What? Over here it's around the 480-500€ price range.
>>
LG Nexus 5X or Moto G4 Plus? Which one has the better camera?
>>
Why do you guys shill the Redmi Note 3 Pro? Leeco Le 2 is much better, especially the camera. And the audio is DTS.
>>
>>57190957
Prepare for slight bugs. I'm running Resurrection Remix. It's a non official release and somehow it doesn't turn on mobile data when turning of wifi without doing a soft reboot. Takes 10 seconds but is a lil bit annoying.
Bugs shouldn't be an issue with a official stable release.
It's worth if you want the new updates. I didn't update my m7 beyond KitKat since it didn't have security problems like heart bleed etc and run without any lags. I took the risk with my chinkphone since it got shipped with chink bloat. Hard bricking isn't a problem anymore. Didn't see a single bricked phone that couldn't be rescued since about two years. I install custom Roms for a few friends.
>>
>>57191037
>better camera
5x by a long shot.
>>
>>57190670
I see, thanks.
But being a iPhone fag for some years, what ROM should I install? Looking at the ricing page in the wiki, there are a few but I have no idea what to use in the end.
>>
>>57188561
Hi, guys,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 and while I'm really happy with it, I have found no way so far to root my phone. Has anyone got this phone? Has anyone successfully rooted this phone?
>>
>>57190670
I think you'll find the OnePlus 3 is the best flagship
>>
>>57189183
4s user here, no green stuff so far. He should wash hands more often
>>
>>57190858
pls help.
I'm getting scared that it might be the phone.
>>
> Friend has a phone with 1gb of RAM
> Only 600mb used
> I have a phone with 2gb
> 1.5gb used
Can somebody explain this to me? both run the latest Marshmallow available for the device
His is some Alcatel shit and mine is a moto g4
>>
>>57190248
Is there anything with offline openstreetmap for it that doesn't cost money?
>>
>>57191243
Nah that's not it, he uses a phone case and the shit collects underneath it.
>>
>>57188561
I'm keeping my Note 7 due to all other phones being shit.
That being said, when is Android 7.1 coming to the Note 7?
>>
File: 1382823241119.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1382823241119.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
when was the last time you made a phone call?
>>
>>57191544
One week ago. I communicate through instant text messaging for the most part.
>>
>>57191544
One hour ago
>>
>>57191544
This morning
>>
>>57191544
a month ago
>>
>>57191544
This morning when I called your mom
>>
>>57189454
Huawei P8lite here paid $72
>>
>>57189434
ublock origin
>>
>>57191544
This morning.
>>
>>57189850
My experience with Google Now has been similar. it's great when you're driving, not too useful otherwise.

Being able to just ask it to drive me home, or to a city is nice, because typing that out otherwise is annoying.
>>
What is a good phone with a micro sd card slot? I've been looking at S7e and HTC 10 but that's stretching my budget massively. Also been looking at the Zenfone 3 Deluxe but I'm not so sure about the looks.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm totally open to chinkphones too as long as they look alright
>>
File: 1476788603333.jpg (273KB, 1448x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476788603333.jpg
273KB, 1448x1080px
>>57191544
Actually, I make those about twice or thrice a week. The people are the ones who have to call me more, and I don't really have to, since I manage most stuff in person.

It's pretty damn liberating.
>>
File: 81.png (10KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
81.png
10KB, 210x210px
>phone rings
>>
File: feels good.jpg (394KB, 1108x831px) Image search: [Google]
feels good.jpg
394KB, 1108x831px
Huawei has the best default ringtone I've ever heard.
>>
>>57191730
> it can only mean one thing
>>
Just bought the iPhone 6S. My first smart phone. I hope it's good.
>>
>>57192012
you fucked up
>>
>>57192012
I'm not gonna shit on your purchase or anything, but what made you buy it?
>>
anyone managed to unlock kate officially?
>>
>>57191544
Not everyone on /g/ is a friendless unemployed NEET
>>
Got a Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Global KATE a few days ago. Firmware was stock Xiaomi, not bloated ( except a few Mi apps ). Flashed it to Developer Rom through EDL mode, unlocked the bootloader and rooted it. There are a few problems, though. I am unable to freeze apps through Titanium, because it bootloops. Unofficial BL unlock and root are a hack job. So, anons, just wait for a proper solution for BL unlock and root. It will manifest itself soon.

Other than that, the phone is a quality beast. You can not possibly brick it. And I did some serious shit to the bitch. MUIU feels nice, and I feel no need for CM13. Got a 2 year warranty on it. Battery lasts a lifetime. Quite happy for what I got for the price. Would recommend. Did I mention it's fast as fuck?!
>>
Also, this fucker needs some cases and screen protectors ASAP. Taiwanese niggapleases need to get of their asses and design some shit for KATE!!!
>>
>>57192245
I did, but it' not worth. Some slant eyed mother fucked found out he can use emmc from lollipop and through the magic of fuckery, unlock KATEs bootloader with that. So, I tried it and the phone started having issues with wifi a few hours later, and it started rebooting by itself. So I flashed the latest fastvoot dev fw and am happy with it until someone pops KATEs cherry properly.
>>
x compact or z5 compact? I'm currently tending towards the z5 compact because I like the looks of it.
>>
>>57191349
The more ram you have available the more is used
>>
>>57192664
what about the camera?

is it shit, decent or good?

that's the only thing bugging me from getting that phone
>>
File: 2016022401830471fven58l.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2016022401830471fven58l.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
What do you guys think of Xiaomi Mi5?
>Snapdragon 820(1,8 Ghz)
>3GB RAM
>32GB internal storage
>fingerprint sensor
>5inch 1080p
>glass and ceramic body
>USB type C

Seems like too good to be true for only 250€
>>
Looking for a new phone for my gf. Gotta be Android, have good audio through headphones and not lag Everytime you try multitasking. Is the HTC 10 the best option? V20 is too big.
>>
>>57193276
the htc 10 is the best phone at that size, it is not cheap though, they should use a 1080 panel, 1440p on a phone is overkill as fuck.
>>
Will SD801 phones/tablets get Nougat in the form of Cyanogenmod or am I fucked? Got a Sony Z3C for cheap but found out that the Z3 line isn't getting an update which kind of sucks.
>>
>>57192798
so you didn't use the official method....
so no one managed to unlock it with miunlock?
>>
So wait how does the rebate work for the LePro3. Sign up now, and then on 11/02 I can purchase it for 299$? How is the SD 652 in the s3?

I don't use my smartphone for much, so I am guessing the S3 for 150$ would be more than enough? Am I missing any great features?
>>
So HTC 10 or save $200 and get the Axon 7?
>>
>Bought RMN3P last month
>Finally arrive Thursday
>Apply for official unlock, get approval 20 minutes later
>Stuck at 50% "Not connected to Mi Phone"
>Can't fix it
>Try official unlock
>Don't even get halfway through
Hardest of bricks (Not really, but no way to fix it)

Still need a cellphone, recommendations? I'd rather not pay over what I originally paid for the Redmi Note 3 (~238 Cad)
>>
>>57188598
>Downgrading

Just keep the 6p
>>
>>57193721
unofficial*
>>
Is LG V20 worth the hype for its audio? I was already thinking of getting the Axon 7. I am open for more suggestions(smartphones) as I don't use amps for daily listening.
>>
>>57193721
>>Bought RMN3P last month
>>Finally arrive Thursday
>>Apply for official unlock, get approval 20 minutes later
>>Stuck at 50% "Not connected to Mi Phone"
>>Can't fix it
>>Try official unlock
>>Don't even get halfway through
>Hardest of bricks (Not really, but no way to fix it)
>Still need a cellphone, recommendations? I'd rather not pay over what I originally paid for the Redmi Note 3 (~238 Cad)
Check fastboot drivers work before unlock
>>
Can anyone give me that buying chat pls?
>>
File: 1476208711601.png (65KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476208711601.png
65KB, 1900x1000px
>>57194332
>>
File: Cya.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cya.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Pixel doesn't make me that happy.

>Need something with tmobile wifi call/text since really bad reception in my apartment (With any carrier)

Looking at buying used.
>What should I get?
>>
Moto x pure or g4 play. I like battery life and all I need is mobile shitposting and calls/texts
>>
>>57194383
thanks famalam
>>
>>57193218
I'm thinking about buying it too, and i've your same doubts
>>
>>57194383
Moto are chinkphones aren't they ?
>>
>>57193218
Its an excellent phone for the money. Xiaomi dominates at value phones. Obv miui is polarizing and its not the best camera or dac, but you didnt fuck up.
>>
File: 1477122994002.jpg (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1477122994002.jpg
44KB, 633x758px
>>57191617
>>
Hey guys. I'm upgrading on Verizon and want to get the latest Windows Phone. What's good?
>>
>>57194762
Anon... no
>>
>>57194762
Nothing. Do you not want to use apps?
>>
>>57194383
Why isn't there a small screen 400$ option
>>
>>57194762
650 or 950, depending of your budget.
I have a 640, it's a good phone, the lack of apps is disturbing.
>>
>>57194762
If youre set on windows I think the lumia 950 is supposed to be the best. Look around the internet though, this gen doesnt care for windows os
>>
>>57194816
Sony Xperia Zcompact or whatever they call it
>>
>>57194479
this is what I haven't decided yet neither. do tell what you go for and how you're satisfied please
>>
>>57194807
What?
>>57194812
Not really. I just make calls, check mail, and look up the odd page in browser.
>>
>>57194816
iphone se
>>
>>57194893
look you guys should hold back with all them iPhone recomendations. I'm already in the android ecosystem, I buy a phone log in and download my 50 apps that have been with me for years.

Nobody has time to experiment nowadays
>>
File: Capture1.png (534KB, 445x817px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
534KB, 445x817px
r8
>>
>>57194934
virgin/10
>>
>>57189027
Never gonna happen
>>
>>57194924
>I know it's bait
But god damn it's so dumb.
>>57194934
Do you realize how autistic you would look in the real world with this?
>>
>>57195286
>bait
? ?
>>
>>57188808
If you just use it for basic social media / texting it's fine. Don't expect flawless games or perfect photos and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1477157486299.jpg (159KB, 899x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477157486299.jpg
159KB, 899x1200px
ATTENTION IPHONE BUYERS!
WATCH THIS VIDEO,DONT GET KEKED!
THE 32GB VERSION HAS 10 TIMES LOWER WRITE SPEED THAN THE 256GB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW2-TIbcTIg
>>
Planning on an upgrade from a Nexus 6 and am currently on Verizon networks and I'm stuck on it since coverage from the rest where I live is awful. What's a decent upgrade that allows me to either root or jailbreak. Looking between the pixel and the iPhone 7 right now.
>>
>>57189116
Use another app for gmail instead of the built in one. I use "mymail" because I haven't bothered finding anything better yet.
>>
>>57195392
I'm not viewing shit that tries clickbaiting that hard, fuck off.
>>
http://www.gsmarena.com/smartphone_buyers_guide_holidays_2016-review-1510.php

Good resource
>>
>>57193710
I would go for the Axon and save the $200.
>>
>>57195836
is the axon getting android N?
>>
>>57195896
Yes
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/zte-axon-7-update/
>>
I agree, but I'm glad it's probably the best I can do atm. Thanms anon.
>>
Any apps for converting epub files to Mobi? I found a bunch of them but they all seem to work by uploading the file to an external source and none of them fucking work.
>>
File: 1412557785138.jpg (76KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1412557785138.jpg
76KB, 500x464px
>>57194383
>Note 5 in touchjizz section

this nigga

Note 4 with extended battery, 128 GB SD Card, tempered glass screen protector and some quality earbuds, if you don't give a fuck about using the stylus to draw penises on your free time you can flash some CyanogenMod on this bad bitch and end up with a phone that will BTFO the competition, and it will all cost you a mere two thirds of the N7's price, or just go for the S7E if you're adamant on no root and getting cucked by samsung, their last two note phones were a fucking disaster.
>>
my nexus 5 died and i need a new phone. i just want a midrange phone w a really good camera. suggestions? canada and probably wind mobile.
>>
sub 200$ for running CM?
>>
>>57194479
I have the G4 play and had an X Play. Both are nice, the G4 play is more fluid because of the lower res display. Battery is about the same I'm finding.

The snapdragon 615 gets hot AF though. The 410 is a little more reserved. But haven't noticed a huge difference in performance.

X Play may be a bit cheaper because its older. Hard to say.
>>
>>57188561
>having this phone: never being able to find it anywhere
>>
>>57195896
>android n

just get a refurbed s2 or something
>>
>>57196376
For 220 dollars you can get eiither a Moto G4 or a RN3P, everything else pales to those two, the RN3P is the superior choice but some anons have trouble with the supported bands/carriers, the Moto G4 is just as good (only with a octacore proccessor and 2 GB of ram instead of hexacore and 3, the RN3P has a fingerprint sensor has well) and is sold everywhere so all bands are supported, both phones have official stable builds of CM13 and iirc the G4 got a beta CM14 build a few weeks ago and the RN3P is very popular amongst devs so there's that.
>>
>>57196345
My note 7 is fucking great

Stay mad poorfag
>>
>>57196472
>official stable build of CM13 for the G4
Where?? I can't find it
>>
>>57196554
>note 7

Stay 60% lmao
>>
Just bought a lenovo k5... How fuck I am?
>>
>>57190670
Agree with everything but the battery
source: I own one
>>
Are there any phones out there with transparent housing like LG Fx0 by factory or phones with custom transparent housing available?

I can't find LG Fx0 anywhere
>>
>Have Sprint.
>Have HTC One M7.

What phone should I upgrade to?
>>
File: NewPhoneShit.png (1MB, 1500x1214px) Image search: [Google]
NewPhoneShit.png
1MB, 1500x1214px
>>
As far as cyanogen mod support, which devices/device families have the biggest communities? OnePlus? Nexus/Pixel? Want to choose a phone that I can still update 3-4 years from now.
>>
File: vdHIYKw1TFfyUsh6[1].jpg (204KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
vdHIYKw1TFfyUsh6[1].jpg
204KB, 800x600px
Looking to upgrade my Moto X (1st gen). Naturally, the Moto X 2nd gen comes to mind. It's pretty cheap on amazon right now and I don't think I'd need more than that for now. Or should upgrade to the oneplus 2? (The usb-c and no quickcharging is throwing me off. Also its a bigger phone which I don't like).
>>
File: samsung-i9300-galaxy-s-iii-ofic.jpg (11KB, 160x212px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-i9300-galaxy-s-iii-ofic.jpg
11KB, 160x212px
So I have a 3.5 year old Galaxy S III and recently it started flicker screen like crazy on low battery charge. Looks like in that video

https://youtu.be/B0Y48wDuvJg?t=17s

Some forums say it's just a battery dying others suggest that's it's just an old phone issue and battery replacement didn't help.

Anyone here had similar problems?
>>
>>57188561
Are there usually any decent black Friday or cyber Monday deals on unlocked phones? If so, where's a good place? Just wondering if I should wait a bit to get a new phone.
>>
>>57189742
please any answers?
>>
>>57197386
more popular = better in terms of support
my >>57197445 s3 is getting OFFICIAL CM14 (android 7.0) soon
go for S-something or nexus
>>
>>57197475
Can the S3 even handle 7.0?
>>
It's time to replace my Note 7, is the Pixel all it's cracked up to be?
>>
What is the app Tasker for? (Android)
>>
>>57197527
yes. if you're talking about Vulkan then it's a OS thing, doesn't really affect old phones they just won't be able to run some games
>>
>>57197445
It's the battery

My SII does that as well with some of the older batteries that I have

Just toss in a new one problem solved.
>>
Gonna join Google Fi. Pixel seems overhyped to me. I don't like phones over 5.5 inches but is nexus 6P that much better than 5X to justify getting it?
>>
>>57197650
I hope so. They are like $6-$10 so it's worse a try. Thanks for the reply
>>
How does one get a Redmi Note 3 Pro as an American without getting scammed by customs?
>>
>>57197681
no
>>
>>57196799
I've had good and mediocre battery with it
Sometimes nearly 6 hours SOT, sometimes around 3.5.
Sometimes the idle/overnight drain is like 0.4/h, sometimes it's like 1.5/h. It's inconsistent and it puts a ding in an otherwise all around excellent phone.

Especially considering that losing 5% over the course of a day in doze could be an extra 30 minutes of screen time.
>>
>>57197445

My galaxy SII has the same issues. I replaced the battery but had the same issues a week later. I suspect cunts fucked on my end so I'm looking for something new.
>>
File: jews-are-behind-this.jpg (97KB, 960x736px) Image search: [Google]
jews-are-behind-this.jpg
97KB, 960x736px
>>57188561
Mfw no glass phone from the future
>>
Opinions on the Motorola DROID Turbo 2?

Might buy one for $208, I'm on a budget. I care most about expandable storage, long battery, and reliability.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161023-000827.png (119KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161023-000827.png
119KB, 1080x1920px
>3 months of op3
>3h 19min of SOT when pic related was taken

Is my battery going to shit already?

I accidentally had my phone at 20% and off for about 2 hours.
Did I fuck up my shit?

>inb4 pokémans
>>
>>57188561
hey /spg/ I need a good document editing program for my new android phone. preferably something that can do rtf, txt, .doc, etc. I don't mind spending a few bucks, but I want something that works and has no ads or botnet.
>>
Which of the LeEco phone options is the best value. The 150$ one seems to have most the good stuff, while the LePro3 doesnt have anything drastically better to it other than the Sd 821. How is the 652 anyways?
>>
Either upgrading to the LG V20 or the Allahuakbar S7 Edge. Which do i go for?
>>
>>57198770
If you want one this year, S7 Edge. Too early to spend money on a phone that may bootloop within 8 months. I'm personally waiting until March to see Samsung's response and any V20 issues.
>>
>>57198676
Office

Yes, microsoft office
Yes, I know you were aware of it
Yes, I know of the "botnet"
Yes, you should already know the fact that you use an android phone nullifies any 'botnet damage" and that you're already indoctrinated in a sleuth of ad campaigns and spying teams databases just because you exist inside an "demographic"

as of now I have not found a replacement sutible for anything.
>>
What is battery life like on high-end flagships?
Is there a phone that could handle 12-14-hours of near continuous usage?

What I'm envisioning here is taking the phone off the charger at 7am and traveling by air, using the phone basically constantly until 7pm or 9pm. My itinerary is on the phone, as are my flight info, directions to the hotel, etc, etc. And I'll be using the phone as a music player through headphones throughout. And checking email / browsing the web while at the airport.

I don't want the thing to crap out at me at 3pm when I'm at a layover in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>57198898
Any phone running Android 5.1+ and using an 3000+mAh phone will suffice if their android flavor isn't complete garbage.

Like my noname chinkphone with a 4000mAh battery lasts from 7am-11-12pm under heavy regular use. flagship phones usually stock 3000+mAh so you should be fine. except with maybe Samsung, i hear the battery life on those is shit.

If it's really a problem you could always get a Xiaomi 10000mAh powerbank or something
>>
What's the best OTG USB hub?

I just need to hook up 2 controllers to my phone for emulated multi-player games

also are there tiny SNES clones that are USB? I have the small 8bitdo controller, but pairing it is kind of a pain
>>
Is there an American data plan that gives at least 2gb data and unlimited incoming calls?
>>
>>57196472
The 650 in the RN3P is insanely superior to the shitty 617 housefire, the 650 rapes every Qualcomm SoC bar the 810 and the 820/821 without overheating
Also the RN3P has a much bigger battery than the G4
>>
>>57199216
Pretty much every phone plan, from the Big 4 to the smaller guys, give unlimited talk and text. Data plans is where they get you.
>>
Hi guys,

i am looking for a phone with a good gps, i am living in mexico now and my fucking lg3 sends me 5 kilometers in random directions everytime.

also has a crap gps system and takes ages to lock something.

since im not from here, i need to be able to travel withouth issues, hence the gps neccesity.

what do you reccomend? im on AT&T btw
>>
>>57199385
Buy an iphone imo, or any flagship, S7 is the cheapest one atm, then switch to movistar, at&t started pushing their shit service here only after america got tired of getting cucked by them, at least verizon isnt here, yet.
>>
Which phone should I get? Old phone broke. Priorities:
* Budget: ~$200
* Reliable
* Would like prompt security updates
* Preferably not China phone

Did some research:
* iPhone, no iPhones
* LG phones, unreliable has bootloop problem
* Nexus 5X, bootloop problem
* Heard Moto G4 and Zenfone 3 are good, but which one?
* Any other phones I didn't think of?
>>
>>57193799
Bump.
>>
>>57199577
Everything is made in China
>>
>>57193799
Why the fuck would you need four DACs?
Just get the axon or maybe wait for the v34. That thing is sexy tho.
>>
>>57190670
>no amoled
>best flagship
choose one
>>
is there a phone better than HOMTOM HT7 PRO (under $100)?
>>
>>57199577
>Heard Moto G4 and Zenfone 3 are good
and both are lower than china-tier

get the Redmeme N3P
>>
>>57199729
Why tho. Colour accuracy was better on ips screens nowadays it's the same. (Old AMOLED display were oversaturated af.)
The battery saving bs is a meme. AMOLED screens are fugin inefficient at displaying bright shit. That's why the HTC 10 has better battery performance than the s7. And don't tell me you use a theme on your phone.
>>
>>57199874
>import this shit phone instead of a domestic phone with an actual warranty

Shitmes are poojet infested
>>
>>57200073
>domestic phones
Keep believing that
>>
>>57188561
anyone know when the ZTE axon 7 will allow boot loader unlock?
>>
>>57200078
More domestic than your shitmi will ever be
>>
>>57200073
>Feeding the Jew
You're Judaism infested
>>
>>57200097
Motorola is owned by Lenovo, A Chinese company

Asus is a Taiwanese company, which is ethnically Chinese

Literally no reason to buy a poojeet phone when you can have a white English speaking community
>>
File: 673~01.png (47KB, 646x232px) Image search: [Google]
673~01.png
47KB, 646x232px
>>57200111
Literal lel
Decent digits
>>
>>57200131
>average poojeet shitmi advocate
>>
>>57200139
I own a ZUK. Dats aimed for chinkmarket owned by Lelnovo.
>>
File: 9b5.jpg (38KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
9b5.jpg
38KB, 611x404px
>>57200155
>what phone is that anon
>Z-Zuk
>>
>>57200176
None of my friends wear a suit for work im a poor fag in some sense so what.
Still you want a 200$ phone and call other poor.
>>
Bought a R3NP because I broke my sim card slot pins and I needed something to replace it asap.

Shit still can't handle our local newspaper app, I'm slightly not happy with it.
>>
>>57200176
>>57200199
Or you don't whatever. It's a Lenovo subsidiary company.
>>
My GalaxyS4 died right now.
I live in germany and use Fonic,an O2 Telefonica provider.
I think I am already happy if the phone works works and it just as good as my current phone, since I am a poorfag student.
>>
Is carbon grey objectively the best HTC 10 color?
>>
Is it possible on Google Chrome for it to not show any suggestions in the URL? Like, turn that setting off? I'm on Android.
>>
>>57200507
Also, are silicone covers only for girls? I sorta feel like they're kinda girly?
>>
>>57188561
>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.
France
Just want it to be around 200€, 4.5" - 5"
>>
>>57200547
some xiaomi chinkphone I guess. Redmi 3 for example.
>>
File: chaika shocking truth.png (7KB, 768x780px) Image search: [Google]
chaika shocking truth.png
7KB, 768x780px
>still repping an OG Xperia Z, very first gen
>it's fucking horrible
>all the watertight plugs for the sockets got so worn out they wouldn't fit anymore, so I had to rip them off
>Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 is a space heater par excellance in this phone due to bad construction and programming, backside of the phone gets seriously fucking hot
>completely cooked the already small battery down to zero capacity, I have battery life of maybe 4 hours of active use a day, in the evening it will be at maybe 10% charge just from sitting in my pocket

Payday can't come soon enough. I want the Xiaomemes
>>
I need a phone that can play spotify and has a long battery life. It be can total shit in every other area. What am I looking at?
>>
>>57200594
Almost impossible to find in my country. I only find it on weird websites.
>>
>>57200625
Oukitel K10000
>>
>>57200531
Help?
>>
>>57200631
GearBest ordered my ZUK z2 from there
>>
>>57200264
whats the newspaper app?

maybe its just a shit app
>>
Why the fuck do almost all new smartphones on the market have a resolution over 720p on a ~5 inch screen? I don't NEED that massive resolution on a fucking phone, just lower the resolution and keep the same battery to get a tank battery life
>>
>>57201311
>Complaining about features

Go get your cataracts checked out before you go blind grandpa.
>>
File: confused anime girl face.png (2MB, 1917x1077px) Image search: [Google]
confused anime girl face.png
2MB, 1917x1077px
>>57201377
>features
>pointless gimmicks that only waste money and power
The Thinkpad I'm typing on has a 1600x900 resolution on about six times the surface area of one of those smartphones and I can't make out any pixels unless I squeeze up against it. On the tiny-ass screen of a smartphone, when viewing high res images, you have to zoom in to make shit out on the screen due to teeny weeny eye-strain-o-vision-five-inch displays anyway, at which point the actual resolution becomes academic also.

This is like exactly putting a giant-ass badly engineered wing on a car that actually /increases/ drag and justifying it by saing "it looks nice".
>>
>>57189116
You fucking baka just use Outlook Mail app and integrate all your mail accounts in that one mail app. You deserve that shit if you're using Gmail.
>>
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 what phone do you recommend me upgrading to?
>>
>>57201452
>justifying it by saing "it looks nice".
Screens are supposed to look nice.
>>57201745
Cheap? ZUK Z2
Less cheap? Axon 7 op3 mi5
Got the shekels? HTC 10 lg g5
Rich bitch? Lg v20 pixel xl iphone 7
>>
My mom isn't too happy about her lumia 630 anymore because it's constantly crashing when browsing. Are there any good phones for sub 300 euros and good support out there ?
>>
>>57202009
get an older iphone dude
>>
>>57200531
Idk what to get?
>>
>>57202033
Seconding
Only get her a chinkphone if you set everything up for her (Custom ROM ~ well MIUI looks like iOS)
But moms love iPhones.
>>
Which phone would /g/ recommend?

Lenovo K3 Note (http://www.dx.com/p/lenovo-k3-note-android-5-0-mtk6752-octa-core-4g-phone-w-5-5-fhd-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-13-0-5-0mp-yellow-381335)
or
a used Oneplus One?

Getting tired of my samsung ativ s

my budget is 150 max
>>
>>57202559
xiaomi redmi note 3 plus
read the fuggen stiggy
faggot
>>
>>57202576
I dont like how it looks
Hence why im looking between the OPO and the K3
>>
File: bane hothead.gif (2MB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
bane hothead.gif
2MB, 371x500px
>>57202595
Arr rook same you candy-ass, especially after you stuffed them into the protective bumper you better also buy from Aliexpress
>>
>>57191035
Where? Cheapest i can find is 570
>>
>>57202033
They are pretty expensive tho. But I told her to try out the phone of her sister. She had an iPhone.

I'm currently tending towards an iPhone myself since google produced another let down with the pixel..
>>
Got 800 USD to spend, need to buy a phone that will last me for at least 5 years.
I don't want to buy Samsung.
What do you guys recommend, /spg/?
I was thinking about getting a Google Pixel, but I am afraid of falingl for a meme.
>>
>>57202910
IPhone if you want is updates without having to flash ROMs. Otherwise pixel.
>>
>>57191282
>>57190858
Probably flashed the wrong modem version.
read the whirlpool thread someone linked earlier.

>>57193698
>>57198705
SD652 is plenty fast, don't worry.
>Am I missing any great features?
no headphone jack.

>>57197389
G4 play.

>>57198493
>SD810°
pile of shit.

>>57199811
HT17 Pro.

>>57200547
BQ Aquaris X5 Plus.

>>57202595
>making purchase decision based on looks
>>>/fa/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
Can anyone help me about USB Debugging?I've just installed cm13 on my RN3P and have enabled usb debugging in the developer tools. The problem is that when I run adb and give a command adb devices the my phone isn't shown in the list of devices and that It didn't even ask me to accept the RSA key like it used to. So anyway how do you enable the RSA key generation and allow adb to work?
>>
>>57203018
thanks man
>>
Dumb question. How do i test the specs on my phone?
>>
Need a new phone, do I get a Xiami Redmi Note 3 or a P9 Lite?
>>
>>57203395
>Xiami Redmi Note 3
Get the Pro version you mong
Also read the sticky
>>
Hello guys im torn between three phones right now.

Xiaomeme MI 5
LG Nexus 5x
Motorola Z Play

which one do you think is better?

My budget is about $400 and I would prefer which one has a better camera.
>>
>>57203395
Why not a Moto G4 plus ?
At least you'll have stock android instead of shitty EMUI.
(P9 Lite, but reluctantly).
>>
>>57203419
>which one has a better camera.
5x>ZP>Mi5.

>>57203395
>MiUi vs. EMUI
Both shit, but at least you can CM13 the Redmeme.
>>
>>57189310
Every review I've seen says the Pixel XL has the best camera of any smart phone.
>>
>>57203451
One more thing, Is the nexus5x good overall? I heard it has bootloop problems like most LG phones.
>>
>>57203474
It's good but shit battery+bootloops. Z play is pretty great from what Iv'e read.
>>
>>57191440
Never
>>
>>57203488
Yeah the battery and the sd card part sold me for Motorola Z, too bad there's no stock available yet for my place.
>>
>>57191670
Try out Honor 8
>>
>>57191670
Axon 7?
>>
Friend is selling his OnePlus One for 90 dollaroos, and It seems like a good deal to me.
What does /spg/ think of OnePlus One?
I got Samsung Galaxy SIII currently, so the upgrade would be good.
>>
Which of the chink phones (OP3 is the upper limit of cost) have the best cameras? So far a lot of them seem to be amazing in all categories except camera but I do enjoy taking pictures.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161023-122136.png (258KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161023-122136.png
258KB, 1080x1920px
Am I done anon?
>>
>>57204705
Repair Fast NOW!!!1
>>
>>57203072
CM13? That's when anon knew, he fucked up...

Why for the love all that is fuxking tasty, would you flash that spergy buggy piece of shit?
>>
File: image.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108KB, 357x368px
>>57204689
>tfw too intelligent for smartphones
>>
>>57204689
>replacing an old deprecated phone with another old deprecated phone
lmao.

>>57204689
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTIx-DWcmo&t=8m26s
le reddit phone.
>>
>>57204779
>tfw too dumb for dumbphones, just spend all day flipping them open and shut
>>
>>57204661
>>57204797
>>
File: _20161023_175326.jpg (36KB, 447x335px) Image search: [Google]
_20161023_175326.jpg
36KB, 447x335px
POST ANDROID HIDDEN GEM APPS
>>
>>57204846
I'm not some autist who playes games on his phone, I read news, facebook and spam emojis on whatsapp.
I dont need your 400 dollar flagships to do that.
>>
>>57191544
I make about 20 phone calls per day
>>
>>57193218
its fragile as fuck, but its the best bang:buck phone youll ever get tbqhwy
>>
>>57199621
Why should he wait for the LG v34? That's only if you want a smaller phone with water resistant but no removable battery.
>>
>>57204903
>replacing a DOA phone with another
Clearly your'e autistic.
>>
Is there anyway I can find out what band I'm on?
>>
>>57204903
Just get the Redmeme Note 3 Pro for 150, slap cyan on it and quit yer whinging for at least three years
>>
>>57205031
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&hl=en
>>
>>57188561
Any chance of a new recommended chinkphones list?
The old one is, well, old.
>>
>>57205070
Nothing's fucking changed bruh, wait another month or three for the meme releases for next year to start cropping up
>>
>>57205070
/csg/ won't let anyone edit their wiki.
>>
>>57205099
aight mate.
I don't really follow the chinkphone market so I figured some new good ones might have come out
>>
does anyone know of an augmented reality app that lets you walk around an object taking a video and then it builds a 3D model of it? or anything similar/cool with augmented reality?
>>
>>57205152
You need better hardware for that. Search around for Scanect/Scanekt, it's a scanner program that 3D scans something using an Xbox Kinect as the scanning tool, and even that isn't so great.
>>
Post your kernel, ROM, phone, and network!
Kernel: Abyss-2.00
ROM: CM
Phone: Moto G2
Network: MetroPCS
>>
File: Screenshot_20161021-195441.png (153KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161021-195441.png
153KB, 1080x1920px
Guys I want to update from my Moto X 2014 it's not too bad according to geek bench it just as fast a One Plus 2
any recommendations?
My needs:
$350 or less
Decent rom support if not supported by manufacturer
5.7" or less 6 is pushing it
Supports Verizon or T mobile LTE
Looks decent nothing too ugly pls
Thank you in advance
>>
>>57205224
no
>>
>>57205275
FINE
>>
>>57205268
Moto G4+.
>>
>>57200091
Both brands are made in one of the chinas with their primary market being China and India deluded american friendo
>>57200269
They dropped the Zuk branding for the Indian market, there won't be a Zuk phone again
It's even less of a brand than the Honor branding Huaweii uses
>>57203072
You sure you have the correct drivers installed/configured? 99% of the time this kind of bullshit is drivers related
>>57204705
I've never gotten anything like this on any of my devices thanks to uBlock or AdAway+MinMinGuard
My dad with his stock Samsung gets this bullshit all the time despite the fact that all he does is browse eBay
Daily reminder to block ads to anyone who agrees to it
>>57205099
>>57205114
But it has, the Redmi Note 4, Zuk Z2 and the Mi5s are important things
>>
>>57205539
>But it has, the Redmi Note 4, Zuk Z2 and the Mi5s are important things
And all of them are 2expensive to matter to us wannabe kikes
>>
>>57205557
The chinkshit guide covers up to 300, which includes all of those except the Mi5s
There's also a plethora of new sub 100 phones, and older Mi4's are in the sub 200 bracket nowadays, while still being widely available
>>
>>57188738
I wouldn't listen to this person. The 6p has always had performance and heat issues
>>
>>57200465
yes.
>>
hiya guys

evidently i have the choice between the LG Tribute 5, LG X power, LG Stylo 2, and Samsung Galaxy J3. i've looked through them all and i really only care about taking pictures and browsing memeboards, so i was just wondering if there's anything blatantly terrible about any of these that can narrow it down for me?

this might be more /sqt/ material, not sure
>>
>>57205720
They are all massive pieces of shit. the Stylo 2 probably being the least shitty.
>>
>>57205720
Go for Stylo 2 I got it for my little brother. So far so good.
>>
I fell for the "open source" apps for around 2-3 weeks and my battery went to shit compared to stock without root and customizations. I'd rather be part of the botnet in order to get +2 hours SoT since I'm not a criminal. Yeah and fuck what Edward Autist-den says about muh privacy, you are part of the botnet whatsoever.
>inb4 google shill
>inb4 X shekels have been deposited into your account
fuck you
>>
>>57205843
good goyim
>>
>>57205752
>>57205798
thanks anons! i know my choices aren't tops, but i'm glad i got an answer. stylo it is!
>>
>>57205843
open source is the biggest scam of the century
it scams people out of their time by giving them bad products for ideological reasons
being open source cuck is like being a commie
>>
>>57205881
Shut the fuck up you niggering newb.
>>
Does root adblock apps remove ads from native youtube app without fucking up playback yet?
>>
>>57205968
triggered :^)
>>
im about the buy a redmeme 3 pro, the version i should by is the international version so that it works in the US right?
>>
>>57206323
The "international" edition doesn't add any useful bands for the U.S. only B20 and B28 for Europe.

You'll get 3G tops, and that's not guaranteed either.
>>
>>57205539
>You sure you have the correct drivers installed/configured? 99% of the time this kind of bullshit is drivers related

I've deleted the drivers and let the phone install it's own. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>57206004
Xposed YouTube adaway is the only solution that just werks.
>>
>>57205843
Every single FOSS app I used doesn't even run on the background, aside from Silence and Telegram/Signal
Best of it most hardly ever need any permissions at all, fuck you shill
I had around a 100 FOSS apps from F-Droid at some point, my SoT and standby wasn't affected at all
Nowadays I have more, but I get them from Play Store to show some support to the devs and promote them to normies, so I don't really know how many I'm running right now, probably more than a 100 now
>>
New thread:

>>57206614

>>57206614

>>57206614
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.