[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Carrier: USPS Is there a worse feeling in the world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png
14KB, 500x500px
>Carrier: USPS

Is there a worse feeling in the world?
>>
USPS is all affirmative action hires. I have lost 1 package with them and 5 have said I never answered the door despite I was home all day looking out the window for them. The workers also just toss the package on the front porch sometimes leaving it there for anyone to steal it.
>>
>>57188629

I used USPS to send stuff I sold on eBay. Two weeks after I sent a package get a message guy never got his package. Check tracking, it's been sitting in the origin facility the whole time. I call USPS and tell them to fix this. All of a sudden my package is moving.

By the way if you google this issue it's super common with USPS.

UPS all the way.
>>
>>57188525
FedEx is the patrician's shipping service
>>
File: 1458473930202.jpg (41KB, 220x261px) Image search: [Google]
1458473930202.jpg
41KB, 220x261px
>>57188525
Yea
Carrier: AMZL_US
>>
Have not had an issue with USPS. When it comes to shipping, either carrier works fine. And for the claim that only USPS leaves things on the door--no bud, all carriers do it unless it is signature required.
>>
I've never had problems with USPS. I've never really had problems with Fedex or UPS either, but I hate how sometimes they won't just leave a package at your doorstep if you're not there, then you have to go to their office to pick it up or wait for them to deliver the next day. I don't live in a bad neighborhood, so I'm willing to trade the risk of it being stolen for the convenience.
>>
I always get my mail days early from any website I order from. Feels good living near NYC
>>
USPS sometimes delivers my shit early.

One time they tried to stuff my espresso machine in the mail box tho
>>
>>57188525
Yep worse feeling is carrier

>dhl
Slow delivery for a express service,
Then when it arrives charges 110% of duties and extra dhl costs plus tip.
Customer service is shit as well.
>>
>>57189078
t. lives in white area with white postal workers
I envy you anon.
>>
>>57189209
Never had any problems with DHL, in fact, they're my preferred carrier along with ups.
>>
>>57189209
>plus tip
If you are trying to start a "Americans tip delivery companies" meme then you are sadly mistaken. Doesn't happen. We give christmas cards to our mailmen but we don't tip the fucking UPS or Fedex guy.
>>
UPS is the worst for me, dumb niggers cant read numbers and always leave my packages next door on top of my area being last or close to last on the delivery route

havent had any problems with usps or even the amazon carrier, get my shit on time and usually before noon
>>
>>57188525
>Carrier: UPS

Welp, might as well file the package as missing because it will never show up.
>>
>>57189100
lol
>>
>>57188525
I've never had a glitch-free experience with UPS. Most times they deliver to the wrong building and say I wasn't in the listing. Every time I've had to drive out half and hour to the depot to pick it up.
>>
>>57189337
Whoa I didn't even realize the concept of giving things to the delivery guy was a thing.

As someone who orders everything from amazon I don't think I've ever interacted with the delivery guy.
>>
Fedex is definitely the most reliable as far as taking care of the package contents. I think it's because, at least in my area, the drivers own and load their own trucks.

but with UPS the drivers have no control over how to load their trucks, the overnighters do it, so it's just thrown in there however it'll fit. over the course of a day the package gets shoved aside, stepped on, moved from side to side and shit until it arrives at the destination.

USPS drivers seem to care very little about their jobs in general, their trucks look a mess but i'm not sure who loads it. they also have less room to work with, so making the load fit is probably awful.

probably different in every area though, but Fedex is the best here
>>
>>57188961
I use to work as a package handler for UPS and I can tell you that it's a miracle anything makes it anywhere.

A typical night at the sort center consists of about 4 or fully loaded trucks packed way beyond capacity, When you open the door to the truck there is a net that must be removed, Once removed literally every single package that's at the ass end of the truck falls about 5 feet to the ground where it is then stepped on and kicked around before being thrown onto the belt. And that's if it doesn't get kicked down another 6 ft or so to the heavy sort line below.

And if your package is somehow in the middle of the truck it will still get stepped on and used as an actual step ladder for the unloader to get to the packages at the very top.
>>
it's a regional thing. I've never had a problem with USPS, UPS,

but FedEx never rings my doorbell, and AMZL_US is actually objectively the worst courier service. They NEVER EVERRRRRR ring my doorbell and can sometimes arrive at like 8pm my time.
>>
>>57188525
>Is there a worse feeling in the world?
Carrier: Lasership

Never had a problem with USPS, plus if the package is small they can just leave it in the lock box and I don't have to worry about them dropping it at the front office or waiting a day if I'm not home.
>>
>>57189209
DHL has always been awesome for me.
They give an estimated time of delivery instead of that "By 8pm/End of Day" garbage that UPS and FedEx do, and they even call ahead to make sure I'll be home or set up an alternate time/get instructions.

Best service IMO
>>
>>57189209
I had an order through DHL the first time a few weeks ago.

Dude came after 8pm when it was pitch black outside and was like "ohh yeah sorry man didn't mean to be this late"
>>
USPS is Shit in my area. They constantly either

a) Not ring the bell but leave a "missed you" notice saying they did

b) Ring the bell once and barely wait for someone to answer instead leaving the package on my doorstep right in the open where someone can (and have) stolen it

UPS and FedEx almost always do me justice. If I ever order something online and they use USPS I'm probably in for a headache
>>
>>57189209
>Then when it arrives charges 110% of duties and extra dhl costs plus tip.
>plus tip
Who the fuck tips the dhl/ups/fedex delivery drivers?
>>
>>57189093
>Near

Where you at? I'm in NYC and it depends on what state it ships from. For example I live in Brooklyn and a while back I ordered something from eBay that was IN Brooklyn yet it took a few days when I've ordered things from California or Oregon that have come sooner.
>>
Works on my machine
>>
Everyone but DHL has been pretty good in my area (rural MN).

>USPS
Slow to sort and no delivery to the house... I need to go to the post office like a savage.

>UPS
Delivery about 1:30-2:30pm, drivers carry (large) stuff into the entryway.

>FedEx
Delivery about 8:30-9:00am (how can you not love that?), drivers only carry items to the porch.
>>
why the fuck are carriers starting to just leave shit on doorsteps
>>
>>57190811
FedEx left my TV on my door step last week without even knocking, it must have been out there for a good 3 hours before I realized.

Thanks 4 that
>>
> carrier: smartpost

Worst ever.

Hell, fedex and ups is shit tier compared to usps honestly.
>let me just leave this box marked "newegg" and "signature required" on the porch in clear view of everyone.
>oh, we dont deliver to a po box, lets just take it to the address a town over that you havent lived at in 5 years.
>>
>>57189209
>DHL

Literally had them charge me $30 for a customs clearance totaling $0, it was right on the fucking bill

But no package unless I paid it, so I paid up, fuckers
>>
File: 1475980023103.png (59KB, 350x290px) Image search: [Google]
1475980023103.png
59KB, 350x290px
>>57188984
My brown-american brother
>>
File: 1358481147935.gif (241KB, 350x186px) Image search: [Google]
1358481147935.gif
241KB, 350x186px
I've never had any issues with any carrier, sending or receiving

except once UPS left a box at my door at 9pm and didn't bother to knock or anything, also once a tracking number for USPS didn't work or update at all

but whatever everything was fine
>>
My asshole mailman leaves my mailbox open so I have to plan out my estimated shipping times with the weather forecast whenever I purchase anything.

USPS sucks fucking balls. Actually fucking privatize the whole industry or at least round up all of the affirmative action hires and gas them.
>>
>>57190991
It's a "service charge" for some minimum wage guy sitting at a computer looking at a line item for a fraction of a second saying, "Yup, checks out."

It's pretty common among every industry that likes to charge you for shit not related to the actual product or service. It's getting more asinine as nearly all of it is done by a computer. It was understandable a few decades ago when someone with a clipboard would have to actually check it then document it then file it with actual paper and it was the dude's only job, but now it's a total scam (service charges have not gone down in cost even though overhead for it has gone down by a few orders of magnitude).
>>
I've shipped thousands of packages with USPS over the past two years.

Overall they're 99%+ reliable. Very few packages lost, very few damaged. UPS is a SHIT to deal with, retarded site billed me twice, and supervisor lied to me over the phone.
>>
>>57190811
My carrier left a pacage of books and electronics on my door, not under a roof, in florida, in an area known for flooding, on an obviously cloudy (its going to rain) day, and it rained.

There was a sitting area with shelter right next to where it was. A dry sitting area with chairs and tables, right next to my soggy books...not sure if they are assholes or retards.
>>
>>57188525
almost every time i order something and it gets shipped by UPS the item arrives in early hours (1-3am) at the local hub on friday, and then sits there at minimum until monday. i even had it sit there until tuesday or wednesday because they have 3 days to deliver. with USPS it would either get delivered on friday or saturday.

fuck UPS.
>>
>>57191066
I do understand why it happened, and it's hard to complain too much, but it's never happened to me with any other shipper
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.