[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Installing Cyanogen mod from linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161022_111831.jpg (18KB, 258x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161022_111831.jpg
18KB, 258x301px
Checking install doc, you need windows. Is it possible to do the same but with linux?
>>
If you doing it on Samsung, use Heimdall
>>
>>57187134
It's to flash a amazon fire hd7
>>
>>57187030
Depends on the model. I unlocked mine with an official app and flashed with Linux. Old phone I had to unlock on Windows.
>>
>>57187030
Depends
>>
>>57187030
fastboot and adb are on linux and work great
if you need more than that you have a shitty locked down device
>>
>>57188370
Thx, will check fastboot and adb, the device is an amazon hd fire 7 tate, it's just that the tutorial on the dedicated CM page was not mentionning linux once
>>
>>57188370
This
>>
>>57187030
Yes it is of course
I have
Basically IIRC it's as easy as flashing a custom recovery ROM on your phone through the ADB protocol (or fastboot?), transfering the Cyanogen and Gapps images from your computer to your phone through ADB again, and then boot in recovery on your phone and install CyanogenMod and Gapps from there

But yeah you need adb and fastboot which are in repositories or PPAs depending on your distro and its version

I can post my install notes somewhere if you need more info
>>
Yes, I did it from Fedora. There's a package that contains everything (android-tools or something similar) and you basically do all the abp commands from the shell.
Think about it, it's a command-line program made for communicating with a Linux device. Of course you can do it on a Linux desktop.
>>
sudo apt-get install android-tools
adb push cm13.zip
Done
>>
>>57187152
>It's to flash a amazon fire hd7

You need to root it
>>
Here, extracts from my install notes. Valid for Ubuntu 16.04 I think but only tested on 14.04. Of course you need to know your device's specific button combination to boot it into the bootloader.

http://pastebin.com/CuvcWL4K

Read the help/man pages of adb and fastboot, they're short.
>>
Thanks for all the help!

>>>57187152
>>It's to flash a amazon fire hd7
>You need to root it

Thx, i'll search about that first
>>
Probably the driver issues to unlock, many flasher use a windows to unlock bl, install recovery, and rom. Some idiotproof sofware are made on windows example sony f!ashtool, xiaomi flash tool, mediatek sp flash tool etc.
>>
>>57190812
It's tough

I got two and I couldnt figure it out so I gave up. Let me know if you get it to work
>>
>>57187030
I just did that motafucka.

Btw, how can I get apps from google play without gapps? I really hate the battery draining but I need some apps from there. I already know about F-Droid.
>>
>>57192926
apkmirror or related sites I guess.
>>
>>57187030
it's super fucking easy, I have never installed a ROM from Windows or Mac, I only have expierience with Linux, I just use ADB and Fastboot and if you wanna get freaky then compile the ROM from source and flash that, we shouldn't have to hold your fucking hand for an easy ass thing that is already WIDELY documented about
>>
>>57187030
You don't even need a PC for that. For recovery, maybe. But all cool small utils are Windows only, that's been like that for decades and not going to change any time soon.
>>
>>57193066
Thanks.
>>
>>57190627
adb push cm13.zip /sdcard/cm13.zip
>>
File: why.gif (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
1MB, 260x260px
>>57187030
>Not using superior resurrection remix
>>
>>57188370
/thread
>>
>>57193867
How good is RR compared to CM? It seems more bloated to me
>>
File: 1476676770955.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476676770955.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>57187030
I don't understand. I just plugged in my phone, transferred the CM zip, and flashed in TWRP...
>>
and...? you're done, that's all
flash the gapps too if you want
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.