[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stagnation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: iphone evolution.jpg (168KB, 1600x648px) Image search: [Google]
iphone evolution.jpg
168KB, 1600x648px
Is Peter Thiel right? Is technology really stagnating?
>>
Computer technology is, but to say that technology as a whole is stagnating? I don't think so.
>>
Why improve what isn't broken?
A computer made 10 years ago feels similar to a computer made yesterday.
>>
>>57186439
You obviously haven't listened to or read any Peter Thiel, because if you had you would know that non-computer tech is stagnating even more and has seen way less progress.

>>57186445

>Why improve what isn't broken?
>A horse and buggy made 10 years ago feels similar to a computer made yesterday.

What about going from 0 to 1 instead of 1 to n? Like inventing the car instead of breeding faster horses.
>>
>>57186445

It feels the same but it's not the same.

It's like saying a car from the 70's is the same than today's cars
>>
>>57186477
They pretty much are though. ICE technology is over 100 years old.
>>
Peter is pretty based, met him once.
>>
>it's a tripfag posts a question so they can argue with people to build their "persona" thread
>>
>>57186418
>home screen
>it's a fucking app drawer
>>
>>57186418
Personal computers have stagnated.

Cell phones are moving forward fast..

Bread bakers are pretty much the same as they have been decades.
>>
File: ARM-Chip.jpg (85KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ARM-Chip.jpg
85KB, 1500x1000px
>>57186418
Not really, you're currently seeing the death of x86 and the rise of ARM. There will be alot of change in the future.
>>
>>57188233
what the fuck is bread baker
>>
>>57188261
ARM has a LOT of architectural problems that they still need to figure out, while there is a plethora of x86 software still flying around. x86 isn't going to die in the near future, there are just new devices that benefit from another CPU architecture,
>>
>>57186418
I liked the OG iOS YouTube app.

I don't think that technology is stagnating so much as it's becoming more and more useless to upgrade, at least in terms of hardware. We've hit the peak of single core CPU performance and now we have nowhere left to turn. Software is moving forward in leaps and bounds, but a lot of it is useless to shut-ins like me and paranoid /g/entlemen.

>inb4 multicore tho
Yeah, good luck trying to get developers to try and git gud at that.
>>
File: Intel-Overtake.jpg (125KB, 1137x557px) Image search: [Google]
Intel-Overtake.jpg
125KB, 1137x557px
>>57188261

Dream on fag.

>>57188291

CPU gigahertz aren't increasing anymore for technical reasons.
>>
>>57188261
you have to go back >>57183741
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.