[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's in the Switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 8

File: Nintendo_Switch.jpg (464KB, 1352x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_Switch.jpg
464KB, 1352x1040px
ITT we guess what's in the Switch's pants and estimate how long it takes the internal nVidia SoC to cause a house fire.

- Tegra X1 based SoC with Maxwell graphics
- 256 Shader Cores
- 4GB Shared memory backported from Pascal
- 4 ARM A57 cores

This would be a pretty cutting-edge design for a company like Nintendo, but I think it's absolutely necessary if they're going to run Zelda. Battery life would be ~3 hours if Nintendo puts in something with decent capacity.
>>
Honestly, who gives a fuck about the hardware?
A video game console is an appliance, not a computer in any practical sense.
It only has value if it has a good library of games to play.
>>
>>57184078

I think a Pascal base and even Denver2 are both possible. There is a very narrow window of SoC tech that plays Wii U games while still being a viable portable.

Not sure how Nintendo solves the battery life problem though. Samsung is in mass production of 10nm but it's still probably a little too far out. HBM2 is too expensive. If you somehow score both of those things and put a huge fucking battery in it you might get somewhere, but this is all tech theorist fantasy land.
>>
>>57184135
I want to delay the Switch to holiday 2017 to make this dream come true. HBM2 is total overkill in bandwith but it does save power. And hell, Intel's got their manufcturing expertise on offer. Fuck Samsung. Intel's 10nm process probably really could get the battery life to 6+ hours.

No idea if Denver2 is something we actually want or not though. I mean, I can see nVidia pushing it just so that they can say it's doing SOMETHING besides driving Teslas. But is it good? Denver wasn't that impressive.
>>
>>57184135
I dont think they solved anything. I'll bet this thing has a poorer battery capacity than the Gamegear.
>>
>>57184180
I only went with Samsung because they got there in time. They will probably have the weakest 10nm node when all is said and done.
>>
>>57184196
This is also my thinking. It's using a glorified X1 and it's going to have three hours of battery tops. You can probably buy something on amazon that you can shove into the device to make that number four. And if you want six, buy the Switch light in holiday of 2018.
>>
File: 1462604165002.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1462604165002.gif
1MB, 250x233px
This new 3DS is fire son!
>>
>>57184196
>>57184239

But what's the point of putting all this effort into making it a portable console if it doesn't work as a portable console?
>>
>>57184078
>maxwell
no

With that it would literally be 1 hour battery life
>>
>>57184288
Ok, I'll tell you how they solved the battery life problem.

[spoiler]They killed streetpass[/spoiler]

>>57184290
Manufactured at 14nm. It's still a custom chip.

I don't think Pascal is totally off the table, but I would be surprised to see Nintendo doing R&D tech that new. They do seem to be working pretty closely with nVidia, though. Someone had to design their operating system.
>>
>>57184354
> spoilers
Back to /v/

Also Nintendo can design an OS just fine. It's not going to do anything except house a bunch of libraries, but what do you want from it anyway
>>
>>57184078
Is there any chance this thing streams media through the dock. I can't imagine a portable WiiU that doesn't drain the battery like Vespene Gas unless Nintendo reinvented the wheel as far as battery technology goes.
>>
>>57184406
No, people were shown taking it outside and playing it in the middle of a park.
No base station in sight.
>>
>>57184406
No way. The dock is pretty much a lifeless shell. It MIGHT have a fan. Nintendo's confirmed the brain is in the portable.
>>
File: 1477108305722.jpg (23KB, 504x300px) Image search: [Google]
1477108305722.jpg
23KB, 504x300px
>battery inside left controller
>battery inside right controller
>battery inside portable screen
>battery inside controller mount that join the two controllers together
>charger in the dock
>charger for left controller
>charger for right controller
>charger for controller mount
>>
>>57184538
This is a nightmare
>>
File: nxmodconcept.jpg (1MB, 2141x1926px) Image search: [Google]
nxmodconcept.jpg
1MB, 2141x1926px
>>57184538
Don't forget a charger for all the game-specific controller attachments!
>>
>>57184538

or just the dock charges everything and you need to plug the controllers into the screen to charge them.

why would the holder be anything more than a weighted piece of controller shaped plastic?

fucking retard, at least make better shitposts
>>
>>57184131
Given what they can do with the limited gear they've got now, you can't blame people for being excited what kind of potential even anemic smartphone hardware can have.
>>
File: file.png (703KB, 1265x680px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
703KB, 1265x680px
>>57184617

or just get dock extension

fucking retard nigga, at least make better shitposts
>>
>>57184078

I'd be incredibly surprised to find a modified X1 SOC in there.

I'd almost be willing to bet money on a Parker-esque setup, since nVidia whored it out to the automotive industry like it was a street-walker during a business convention. It'd make a lot more sense, too.

I'd anticipate the changes are:
Removed/revised 4k Video Decoding (no need for that in the SoC if Nintendo doesn't allow 4k video)
Removed Ethernet
Probably not going to see the odd 2x4 setup for processing. I'm anticipating just 4x Denver 2 Cores. Maybe just 2x2, so the background menus and things don't need to sap from main processing cycles. Or some sort of scaling setup with 4-6 Denver 2 cores, where maybe only 2-3 are available on battery, full power when docked/plugged in.
A Pascal chip that ramps up or down depending on available power. Dropping to only 16-32 cores for virtual console games, but up to 640+ when docked/plugged in for power. Likely 256 otherwise on battery

Probably see Sharp IGZO screens for the tablet for outdoor usability+low-power+cheap
>>
>>57184078
I bet the NX's OS has ASLR, t. 3DS and Wii U haxx0R
>>
DoA if not Pascal
>>
>>57184078
>Battery life would be ~3 hours if Nintendo puts in something with decent capacity.

>game runs at 60fps at full 1080p
>unplug
>game now runs at 40 fps 900p
>>
>>57184538
>>battery inside left controller
>>battery inside right controller

Or just a supercapacitor that charges instantly
>>
>>57185428
That would be fun for the week or so the battery would last before you would have to buy a new one, which would require advanced technical skill and would be outrageously expensive.
>>
>>57184538
>>battery inside controller mount that join the two controllers together
it draws power from the joycons
>>
>>57184078
don't give a shit about a new possibly good Nvidia SHield small Tablet that only plays shit Mario games for Americunts.
I just wanted a good new tablet now all I get it's this stupid piece of shit made for faggots that go out to play basketball and end up playing a gimped NBA game made like 3 years ago with shit tiny controllers.
I hope every single person that buys this shit dies in a house fire.
fucking Nvidia man
>>
>>57184891
The devkits have Ethernet. Also two BNC connectors for WiFi antennas.

There's a vent on top and a blower fan. It's loud on this early rev.

Devkit has no battery, so we don't know. I'm guessing 3 hour battery life and being generous there because it's 15mm-ish thick so there is plenty of room for (lots) mAh.

Denver 2.
>>
I have no reason to believe the battery on the gamepad thingies is going to be bad. The Wii U separate controllers, even though expensive, last a decade and have more stuff.
>>
>>57184078
Since when does a fucking g Zelda game need power
>>
I'm interested, how comparable is this, power wise, to the wiiu?

I mean an arm without the shit os attached to it is fairly competent, and from what i remember nvidia made the most powerful gpu attached to an arm processor, but i have no real way to know how powerful this is because no real games have ever went to android or arm platforms for me to see what they are capable of.

I love the idea, and though this is what a console should do for a VERY long time, but price and performance matter.
>>
I'm 25, I can't be carrying around video game handhelds any more.

This thing better have really good internet capabilities and apps if they want anybody over 10 to buy it.
>>
>>57187227
>better have really good internet capabilities
>2017
>Not shitposting on 4chan with Nintendo Switch
>>
It uses the Tegra X2 insome sort of custom configuration.
>>
>>57184891
>>57187645
Do you think Nintendo could score Pascal when this thing was in R&D back in the beginning of 2014 though? Pascal was just a glint in nVidia's eye then.

>>57185294
Why do you think this? Most of the performance advantage from Pascal still comes from the 14nm process. Certain features like shared memory would naturally be implemented for a game console anyway. The biggest difference between a theoretical X2 and the X1 at that point is actually the CPU chip, since X2 uses Denver2. I don't think Denver2 offers any enormous power saving advantage over an A57 core, though.
>>
>>57189140
Most likely Nintendo saw what Nvidia did with the SHIELD and liked it so worked with them to develop what they wanted for the Switch.
>>
>>57187227
>I'm 25, I can't be carrying around video game handhelds any more.
Beta nerd detected
>>
I bet this thing is $399.99.

Meanwhile it uses a $16.83 720p tablet screen.
>>
I hope this thing really is made out of Nintendium when everyone starts dropping them outside.
>>
>>57184078
>- 4 ARM A57 cores
is it 2014 or what
>>
>>57184078
You know that nVidia has their own custom SOC design, r-right? (denver)
>>
>>57184576
Why did you remove the bottom part of that image
>>
>>57184538
wait why would the side pieces have their own batteries
>>
>>57191501
Because they can be used without the tablet meme
>>
>>57191514
if it's low power bluetooth they can be charged by movement/button presses so they don't need battery
>>
>>57191501
It will have AAA batteries.
>>
>>57184135
They've mentioned a switch to Industry standard chips, so it's something x86
>>
>>57184078
x2 because the battery life would be less than half with the 1
>>
>>57191567
x86 isn't industry standard
>>
>>57191319
Yeah, but they used the a57 cores in the X1. Probably because Denver was so disappointing.

Whether or not they use Denver2 or not is probably the same question as whether or not they use Pascal. It was either designed with the X1 in mind or with X2 in mind.

>>57191252
That's when R&D started, so... maybe yes.

>>57191587
I'm not sure that's the case. Most of the power savings from X1 > X2 are from the change in manufacturing process. There's no reason a custom X1 couldn't be manufactured at 14nm.
>>
>>57191610
>x86 isn't industry standard

Are you retard?
>>
>>57191616
probably x2 because nvidia cut them a deal to show off the capabilities of their new arch and help it gain some traction
>>
>>57191616
>There's no reason a custom X1 couldn't be manufactured at 14nm

this statement makes me think you're not very knowledgeable about process size affecting chip design
>>
>>57191636
It's not

it can only be used by 2 companies

...not really available to an entire industry
>>
>>57191680
What the fuck are you on about
The two plus ninty are the entire industry
I don't think ninty is that hard up
>>
>>57187227
you are 25 and using 4chan, I think carrying around a nintendo is the least of your problems
>>
>>57191705
Its really surprising to me that calling it 'a Nintendo' is a real option to call the thing for the first time since the turn of the millenium
>>
Power wise... it's probably going to be exactly the same as the Wii U, as in, about 15-25% better than the xbox, but falling behind the Xbox One/PS4

Which, eh, Isn't completely awful for a handheld.
>>
>>57191680

if you're going to rage, be knowledgeable about what you're raging about

http://www.viatech.com/en/silicon/processors/
>>
>>57184078
I thought it was a Pascal based SoC
>>
>>57191766
OP didn't post the nvidia blog
>>
>>57184078
I'm going to guess the chip is going to be 5W 14nm so it's going to have excellent battery life.

If it's 400$ per console and they break even I expect it to be pretty powerful, more powerful than the top android tablets and phones.

I wonder if someone will figure out how to put android on it which will make it a cheap but very powerful tablet.
>>
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/
>NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>57191844
Pascal confirmed
1050 timing probably not on accident
>>
>>57191806
tis a handheld that only plays games on cartridges at that not even cloud downloadable. There's no way in hell they can charge $400 for a handheld when that's what a PS4 Pro costs.

No way can they charge $60 either for a game cartridge
>>
>>57191567
Nvidia cannot manufacture AMD64/x86 hardware due to their being blocked from obtaining a license by Intel. Its one of their Tegra ARM+Pascal SOC chips. Using the industry standard ARM V8 architecture.
>>
>>57192003
>industry standard
BZZZZZ you keep saying that
>>
>>57192034
The only more 'standard' CPU architecture than ARM at this point is RISC V which is available under extremely permissive terms, but it has no where near as much available hardware and software right now.
>>
I think the modularity concept is a good idea but they might have gone too far with it. Like for example is anyone ever gonna actually use the Joycons as a nes style controller? I doubt it.
>>
Custom chip related to the X2. Regardless it's gonna be fantastic and I'll be buying it day one.
>>
>>57192056
We ARE talking about the video game industry here, right?
>>
>>57191411
/v/igger detected
>>
>>57192093
Yes

>what is the vita and 3ds
>>
>>57185475
no
http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-Capacitor-Battery-for-Mouse/
>>
>>57192134
They're handhelds with low power chips, which the NS is not. It's got fan holes and everything.
>>
>>57192161
Still arm and used by the game industry :^)
>>
Everyone released that Nintendo ripped off a chinkshit design I saw 2 years ago, right? Anyway, yet another Nintendo console release, yet another investment and risk. Here's to hoping this is the final nail in their coffin and sink like a ship.
>>
$399.99
>>
>>57191880
>1050 timing probably not on accident
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>57192093
There's a big difference between standards and proprietary solutions that occupy a dominant position in a market segment. AMD64/X86 isn't a standard because only Intel is really allowed to make chips with that architecture (since they effectively crippled AMD years ago).

Neither one is required for video games and in the past Z80, Mips, 68k, and PPC have all had games made for them. Nintendo's Switch is using a CPU using an ARM instruction set just like every Nintendo handheld since the GBA.
>>
>>57192195
>>57192223
We know devs bitched about not being able to straight port like they could with the other big 2, and in response Ninty said that they were using the industry standard in their new product.
This isn't complicated.
>>
>>57192234
https://youtu.be/sr8SbLgHkzI
>>
>>57192209
The GTX 1050 was announced very recently, their cheapest current series card. It's not a far stretch to think that they used R&D from one in the other.
>>
>>57192267
We know that it has an Nvidia manufactured SOC and because Intel are deathly afraid of competition that means it can't be x86.

Of course the de-facto industry standard for mobile devices is ARM.
>>
>>57192314
nintendo patented this idea back in 2015 :^)
>>
All the speculation regarding the dock and whether it has an extra gpu in it seem unfounded to me. It's probably just going to turbo and enable the fan when docked since power consumption isn't a concern.

Anyway, my predictions/hopes:
720p capacitive touch screen(stylus accessory sold separately)
Maybe OLED for battery concerns since games display dark colours a lot, probably IPS though.
Semi custom SOC based on Tegra X2
5GB of RAM available to games with 1GB reserved for OS functions.
64GB internal storage before OS is taken into account, later models in 2-3 years will come with 128GB
SD card slot in tablet for multimedia/game storage, nothing included by default
4.5 hour battery, less if you're playing with the joycons detached since the tablet will die before they do.
Comes with the dock and joycon cradle stock, standalone charger sold separately.
Compatible with WiiU pro controllers natively and Wii/gamecube controllers through USB dongle.
Although not hardware I'm expecting Nintendo to keep their online free and to blatantly flaunt it to Sony and Microsoft. Hopefully they've completely removed friend codes though
$350 at launch but it will come digitally bundled with a port of a WiiU game like 3D world to soften the blow.

There's also a chance that the dock can contain a HDD for people who want to use it primarily as a console but I'd lean towards no since their vision is the Japanese use case on trains and the like.
>>
>>57192333
They're aiming to more or less directly compete with the HD twins, they're making those ports as easy as they can, however they can. As far as I'm concerned you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>57192460
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

Do I really need to post this? It says it right there. Nvidia Tegra SOC which means it can't be AMD64.
>>
>>57192486
That does not conflict with what I said.
>>
>>57192506
yes it does
>>
>>57192506
So your position is what, that in addition to its Nvidia supplied ARM SOC it has a second AMD SOC that hasn't been mentioned by anyone?
>>
>>57192460
[citation needed]
>>
Will the NX make games interesting again?
>>
>>57184078
>consoles
>>>/v/
>>
>>57192460
Ask yourself what's more likely
>Nvidia has acquired an x86 license from Intel and an x86_64 license from AMD without anyone knowing about it, developed a custom x86_64 processor that can somehow meet the demands of power and efficiency for a new high powered tablet despite Intel itself struggling in this field, again without anyone knowing about it. Just so one customer of theirs wants multiplatform games to be slightly easier to make.
Or
>Nintendo has chosen to use a customized Tegra X2 that exists and is known about, due to it's great graphical performance/watt and has worked with Nvidia and various engine devs to make a proprietary implementation of the Vulkan API for easy cross platform games and hardware specific performance benefits
>>
>>57192612

i don't even like gaming right now and i like the design and idea.

if it means i can play the same game at lunch or waiting for things to happen at work as i would at home... im pretty sold.
>>
This looks so fucking retarded.

How are games going to drive this gimmick into the mud?
>>
>>57192759
This was always the case with portable games though. You were allowed to play gameboy games at home and on the go.
>>
>>57184078
the thing includes 3 batteries
1 massive one for the tablet
2 one for each detachable pad
>>
>>57193004
>he played Gameboy games on a Snes

All the best, latest games. At home, on the go.

>u can play pc games on a laptop anon! u can take that to go too-

ah shaddup
>>
>>57184538
>four batteries that can potentially malfunction after short periods of time and inevitably malfunction with age

That sounds like a fucking ball ache. Similarly annoyances ruin consoles for me. Like PS3 can't charge controllers while it's off, on top they give you a fucking 30cm charge cable. I want it to be good though. The advert even borderline convinced me there might be some hope left in the console market.
>>
>>57194188
right, because the game boys all have such a history of poor battery selection.

oh no, wait. they have always been bomb-proof....

hmm....

any other theories?
>>
>>57184078
I like the concept.
I'll have to try it in march
>>
I'm thinking of making some kind of chore/ busy work kind of game for the Switch. It seems people are drones to work games, the kind that make you build resources or something rpg like, so I think that'll be a nice business venture.
>>
>>57184131
Bayonetta 2 could have REALLY benefit of some Anti alliasing / higher resolution and perhaps a locked 60fps.

For unrealistic looking games the Xbox One kind of performance would be just right.
>>
>>57192333
With intel just the CPU alone would cost $100-$200
>>
>>57186963

Devkits could have USB headers with USB Ethernet cards plopped in. Plus, telling nVidia to roll you some SoCs one way or another for prototyping is expensive, but may be worth it for troubleshooting. Obviously those BNC connectors ain't gonna be there.
It'll probably still be actively cooled
And Yeah, Devkit has no battery. I can't imagine it'll be more than 3-hours of battery life.

>>57189140
Do you think Nintendo could score Pascal when this thing was in R&D back in the beginning of 2014 though?
Yeah? PS4 features Jaguar Cores, which only debuted in 4 months previously (May 2013 for Jaguar, November 2013 for PS4). And they even got a custom SoC with Jaguar Cores.
They probably put out dev kits with Non-jaguar APUs, knowing that basically the only differences would be that the final releases would perform better than what the Devkits would.
Nintendo is probably doing the same. Devkits probably run X1 or K1 units (since it's not battery powered), Final Release units will have X2/K2/Custom Parker-based solution.
>>
>>57184538
This a thousand times.
A 18650 in each of the controllers with a 6AH in the screen, this thing would last for fucking ever,
>>
>>57191530
Yeah, not gonna happen anon
>>
>>57191697
He means that only Intel and AMD are allowed to make X86 chips. which is true.

(well there's also VIA but i dont know what the hell they're doing)
>>
>>57196249
They could always go with amd. Imagine a console running amd cpu and nvidia gpu.
>>
I want to say Nintendo are aiming for a minimum of 6 hours for battery life, ideally 8 or more.
>>
>>57184131
t. a redditor
>>
>>57196570
Doesn't IBM as well?
>>
I hope it gets many RPGs with barely dressed japanese girls and it can replace my VITA
>>
>>57196922
The 3DS has a battery life of 3-5 hours with the "new" 3DS having a battery life of 3.5-6
XL is 3.5-6 and the "new" XL having 3.5-7

Saying 6 minimum is idealistic to the point of impossibility unless they made it three inches thick. Unless having two backlights is just slaughtering the battery more than one larger screen would that is.
>>
File: 1454811381450.jpg (66KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
1454811381450.jpg
66KB, 400x489px
>>57197164
Me too.
I would own the Atelier series right now if Sony didn't ruin the vita with it's memory card. A 32GB card costs CDN$110, which is more than a 256GB SD card. Absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>57196967
>buying a console for its specs
you'd be better off buying a PC
>>
>>57198253
Did you hear about /g/ on /r/pcmasterrace?
>>
>>57198290
yes
>>
>>57198335
le epic memez bro! console peasants are stupid
>>
>>57187227
They needed to create a device for all mobile Japan, and can't get out of bed to urinate America. This should do the trick.
>>
>>57198511
Nope, people are just going to plug it in next to their bed and lay with it in the dark. gitgud weeb trash, that just makes America better.
>>
>>57191220
299$, that's pretty gud.
>>
>>57184196
Gamegear lolol. Battery life was 3 Mortal Cobat matches!
>>
>>57197237
>he doesnt have a 64GB vita card
>>
>>57192161
I'm pretty sure the vita used an early Tegra SoC.
>>
>>57184078
THIS IS A COOL ASS FORM FACTOR

SO COOL IT LOOKS DESTINED TO FAIL

ANYTHING MODULAR AND CLEVER ON THE HARDWARE SIDE IS NEVER A SUCCESS

NINTENDO WILL HAVE TO RELY ON SMARTPHONE APPS LIKE POKEMON GO FROM NOW TILL THE END OF TIME
>>
>>57198902
But Nintendo only gets .02% royalties on Pokemon Go.
>>
>>57191567
I see all of your posts insisting it is x86. You need to go. Go somewhere where it's ok to think nVidia can make x86 chips. Go somewhere where it's ok to think x86 could go in a portable device. Preschool, maybe.
>>
>>57198878
Nope, Vita was PowerVR
>>
Can't Nvidia's ARM chipsets do code morphing, since they bought up a bunch of Transmeta's patents?

In theory it should be really slick at emulation... not that anything Nintendo have is very easy to emulate post-gamecube due to the waggle factor.
>>
>>57198920
They are owners of a third, plus they own a third of the Pokemon Company
>>
>>57198987
The Vita's GPU was roughly powerful as the iPad 2's i think and games looked great on it, partially helped by the lower resolution i guess.

I really think a Vita 2 makes sense for Sony, if only for it being cheap to produce and it's popularity in the Japanese market.
>>
>>57197117
No, VIA made x86 CPUs for awhile but they were all super low-end garbage
>>
>>57199046
VIA's CPUs were not so bad considering they were working at a budget lower than AMD's, they still make them too, just for embedded stuff and dev boards i think, nothing at a consumer level.

They pretty much gave up on consumers after Intel cockblocked them out of producing chipsets.
>>
>>57198902
pokemon go is fucking dead mate

even little girls uninstalled it

and the pokemon wrist band is just plain retarded
>>
>>57184078
OP please stop shilling this garbage. Id rather have 10 gpu threads because at least gpus you can do something useful with. This is pure consumerist garbage. I hate Nintendo. I hate Nintendo fan boys. They are worse than Apple cucks. Nintendo is a literally who dead company. Only pathetic losers who fall for the nostalgia meme keep them alive via a drip feed of your neet bux. They are LITERALLY the worst games company. We shouldnt have stopped with two bombs. FUCK NINTENDO REEE
>>
>>57191880
The fact that they don't take the time to buzzword "Pascal" worries me
>>
>>57192209
>What did he mean by this?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>57184538
who cares? this thing is never leaving the dock anyway
>>
>>57191004
it's literally what the switch is going to be. nvidia failed to make it marketable so that's where nintendo came in
>>
>>57184078
The Pixel C runs an X1 chip and 2560x1800 resolution and manages 8 hours battery life watching videos and shit.

Assuming Nvidia based this thing on X1 with a focus on being a portable device, plus rumors have it at 720p res, I'd say we can get AT LEAST 5 hours out of it, if not more. You can fit a decent size battery in it. Hell I can get about 5 hours out of my Shield Portable of gaming and while it's only a Tegra 4 I imagine they've improved power efficiency at least a bit.
>>
>>57201481
the mini controller twins also stays with screen in the dock and will be using this >>57184758 instead

kek nintendo done goofd
>>
>>57184078
>256
>not even close to 750ti
hahahahahahaha
>>
File: winstoncereal.jpg (100KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
winstoncereal.jpg
100KB, 800x580px
>>57184078
Packets, switches loves packets
>>
>>57184078
Nintendont Ergonomy.
With 64 and gamecube they tried but now it's a garbage since wii.
>>
>>57196353
nintendo should have went with amd with 4 jaguar cores and half the gpu of ps4.
>>
Samsung process is garbage, as anyone can see from Pascal vs Poolaris

Pascal is so much more power efficient thanks to superior TSMC process tech
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.