[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pic related true for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: Linux_user_life_cycle.jpg (149KB, 1200x563px) Image search: [Google]
Linux_user_life_cycle.jpg
149KB, 1200x563px
Is pic related true for you?
>>
>tfw the last step is macOS
Fairly accurate.
>>
>crunchbang
this isnt 2012
>>
I use Slackware, but I'm not sure who that guy is.

And lumping Debian in with Slackware...?
>>
Debian belongs in the neckbeard pimpleface category and nowhere else, otherwise good show.
>>
>>57183281
The fuck are half these symbols?
>>
>>57183296
Who will sing for the #!?
>>
>>57183281
>crunchbang
dead distro. please make another crappy image.
>>
Why the fuck wouldn't Slackware be J. R. "Bob" Dobbs level?!
>>
>>57183281
Last step.
And that includes Windows.
>>
>guru programmer
>debian, slackware, puppy linux

Found the tech-illiterate nigger. There is no reason why any seasoned Linux use shouldn't be using Arch or Gentoo. The former is a meme, but the latter is actually useful compared to a piece of shit like Slackware.
>>
Has anyone fucked with #!++?
Also, is puppy linux a meme?
>>
>>57183375
>There is no reason why any seasoned Linux use shouldn't be using Arch or Gentoo.
Found the autistic underachiever who has never written a line of code in his life. The distro is totally irrelevant if you're a guru. Linus has used many, Arch and Gentoo not among them, and currently runs Fedora.
>>
Can somebody just list what these fucking things mean? I recognize fedora, ubuntu, gentoo and debian and nothing else
>>
>puppy linux

why
>>
File: linux-distros.jpg (58KB, 466x198px) Image search: [Google]
linux-distros.jpg
58KB, 466x198px
>>57183323
Lurk more.
>>
>>57183415
Distros in picture
>Ubuntu
>Mint
>OpenSUSE
>Gentoo
>Arch
>Debian
>Manjaro
>Crunchbang
>CentOS
>Slackware
>Puppylinux
>Fedora
>ElementaryOS
>Mageia
>ZorinOS (Maybe)

Thats all i know
>>
>>57183397
Torvalds is a pragamatist cuck who would sell out to the highest bidder. I mean, if he willingly let RHEL implement systemd aka NSA baccdoor in to most mainstream distros then you can bet your sweet ass that he'll sell development rights of the kernel to the Jew who throws the most shekels down.
>>
>>57183550
So what did you mention Arch for? Those kikes pushed the systemDick in harder than any other distro besides Redhat themselves.

ps. Slackware, like Gentoo, does not take the systemDick.
>>
>>57183550
>if he willingly let RHEL implement systemd aka NSA baccdoor in to most mainstream distros
wtf are you talking about ?
>>
The greybeards that I work with all run UNIX, mainly MacOS but a few still run Slowlaris. They are very enlightened with many accolades and many are ACM members.
>>
>>57183579
Gentoo takes the systemDick if you want it to pham
>>
>>57183500
Kali and Red Hat
>>
>>57183474
never a truer this
>>
>>57183421
>he doesn't know about puppy
laughingGirls.png
>>
File: 1473293747967.jpg (32KB, 547x328px) Image search: [Google]
1473293747967.jpg
32KB, 547x328px
>Slackware isn't under Dobbs

This has to be bait.
>>
>>57185507
Uneducated idiot made it.
>>
>>57183550
>Implying Torvalds controls RHEL
Fucking retard. SUSE contributes more to the Linux Foundation than Red Hat. The popularity of systemd has nothing to do with Torvalds.
>>
File: Av win user.jpg (55KB, 580x782px) Image search: [Google]
Av win user.jpg
55KB, 580x782px
You forgot windows users. Here I took a picture of myself.
>>
J.R Bob Dobbs head without Slackware logo.
>Whats going on here?
>>
>>57185467
lol I don't know anything about Puppy Linux except its ugly UI and "minimalism"

teach me sempai
>>
>>57185713
Kek do u even lift?
>>
I've been using arch on my PC for 5 years. I'm thinking of getting a laptop. Should I stick with what works or should I ascend to a higher plane of smug bullshittery? I've been kind of wanting to try slackware...
>>
Change Debian into Devuan
>>
>>57186977
Go for it.
>>
Well SuSE was one of my very first distro (if you ignore shit like DLD that don't exist anymore).
All the other baby to teen distros didn't exist when I started using Linux. And I switched to Debian after it.
Currently I'm using Slackware.
>>
File: 1469183949606.jpg (419KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469183949606.jpg
419KB, 1200x1000px
>>57183550
>cuck
>>
>>57183333
Just add the crunchbang ++ logo
>>
>>57183281
>tfw os x -> debian -> gentoo -> debian -> elementary -> os x
>>
>>57183388
I use #!++ its exactly like #! but its on Debian Jessie
>>
File: joYmwdm.jpg (120KB, 728x675px) Image search: [Google]
joYmwdm.jpg
120KB, 728x675px
>>57183281
d.. don't bully the xfce enviroment!
>>
>>57183281
>openSUSE for kids
Op must be a virgin wizard that doesn't know the concept of stable and just werks
>>
>>57187150
>just werks
wrong
>>
>>57187153
let me guess you had problems with KDE the first days and your verdict is that openSUSE is shit without trying all the other DEs
>>
>>57183281
Linux mint 17.3 is the sweet spot tbqdesu. Switching to macOS soon anyway
>>
>>57183281
I use a linux distribution and not some freetard gnu/linux distribution so no that is all wrong OP
>>
>>57183397
unlike you he gets paid to use fedora
>>
Educate me, /g/, i'm a humble arch pleb. What's the sales pitch for
> slackware
> SUSE/openSUSE
> Puppy Linux Certified Meme OS of the Year
> Crunchbang
> CentOS on anything that isn't a server from 2005
>>
>>57187232
> Puppy Linux Certified Meme OS of the Year
What? Puppy Linux was always (and still is) that odd little neat distro barely anyone uses but everyone who does loves.
>>
>>57187259

Don't worry, just baiting for (You)s.

So what's the draw of Puppy Linux?
>>
>>57187278
It's a small live system that works well on weak computers.
And it's very well thought out and let's you configure the important stuff quickly and painlessly without being a bloated obnoxious mess like Ubuntu.
>>
>>57183281
Nothing wrong with picking a streamlined distro, sometimes you grow tired of the autism and say "fuck it, I am installing ubuntu".
>>
>>57183550
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-linux-linus-tovalds-steve-jobs,15082.html
>>
File: gOlWdo8.jpg (154KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
gOlWdo8.jpg
154KB, 540x960px
that's kind of how my life cycle went
ubuntu baby -> mint baby -> straight into arch leet haxor desktop thread-posting dirty script kiddie neckbeard -> debian for a very very long time -> windows. and ubuntu.
>>
>>57187537
I'm currenty at the arch leet haxor stage
>>
I didn't know having a dogshit laptop thus using puppy Linux made you old
>>
>>57187583
you'll end up realizing you spend more time than you should doing simple tasks on arch. especially if you're like the old me, using only cli and never gui.
>>
>>57183281
stop shilling manjaro, it's shit
>>
>>57183303
J. R. "Bob" Dobbs.
Prophet of the church of the sub-genius.
>>
>>57183281
Why puppy linux is there?
>>
>>57187625
No, "Bob" is the third from the right which is why the image doesn't make sense. He should be only Slackware and he shouldn't even be part of the progression. If you are an ordained SubGenius there is no other OS you should be using ever for life.
>>
>>57183375
That's really funny m8. Slackware is the only distro I know of that includes all the major dev tools for real languages (none of your nodeJS bullshit) as part of the full install and uses binary packages so you don't have spend a whole day installing the damn thing. It is literally #1 distro for development.
>>
>>57183281
For me it's the inverse. Started with slackware, went to debian and now I just use xubuntu because it's comfy.
>>
>>57187603
>using gentoo
>having to deal with system shit once in a blue moon
>setting up everything was a major pain in the ass though

And you know what? I learned a lot from it. Would do it any time again.
>>
>>57183281
What's the name of that puppy linux in the penultimate panel?
>>
>>57184349
At least that means it won't be unusable in a few years when lennartware is the only shit that works with the kernel. I hate systemd but this is what will happen, and I'm glad I'll be able to avoid systemd for as long as possible but not have to change distros when I have to take it in the ass
>>
Slacko Puppy best Linux.
>>
>>57183281
Not really, I started with gentoo, moved on to debian, and then ubuntu(xubuntu). Now I don't even give a shit, I just use windows 10
>>
>>57187623
It's nothing more than an arch distro that defaults to the LTS kernel. It's the equivalent of an Arch Anywhere install other than defaulting to their own ""stable"" repository.
>>
>>57190642
Puppy linux
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.