[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rootkit as a service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: keks.png (228KB, 1000x509px) Image search: [Google]
keks.png
228KB, 1000x509px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoJack_for_Laptops
PSA: Your laptop may come with a preinstalled surveillance appliance that can be used against you.
Don' buy laptops by Lenovo, HP, Dell, Fujitsu, Panasonic, Toshiba, and Asus if you have to deal with sensitive data.

And install nixos. It's worth it.
>>
Preytell, who then should we buy from
>>
>>57176652
Make your own computer from scratch.
>>
>>57176652
>Apple, unlike some other PC manufacturers, does not allow the software to be installed in the BIOS
>>
Can't you just DELET it?
>>
This is another shit on Intel v-pro thread I assume.

It's pretty powerful stuff, I have a lifebook with it, it only works over ethernet though, so who fucking cares.
>>
>>57176935
fuck ios.
>>
>>57176265
permanently disabled it in the BIOS on my T420.
>>
>>57176652
wipe the fucking harddrive and install a fresh copy of windows

/thread
>>
>>57178312
It's built into the BIOS, nerd, and you can't /thread your own posts.

That said, you can call their number and get it disabled.
>>
Or you just disable it in the bios
>>
>>57178212
Same here, on my ThinkPad Yoga 260. First thing I did was remove the original Windows-infested SSD and permanently disable it in the BIOS (as well as webcam and mic).
>>
File: 1474854775673.jpg (43KB, 480x451px)
1474854775673.jpg
43KB, 480x451px
>>57178212
More like "disabled". It's not on the bios chip on Thinkpads, it's on its own separate chip, meaning you have to disable on the hardware level, somehow.
>intel ME built in
Enjoy your hardware-level rootkits and privileged processors running over your own CPU and processes - that's the state of the modern x86 platform.
>>
>>57176265
>Don't buy laptops from x
OP, please, LoJack has majority of manufacturers as partners, even ones you have not listed.
>but muh rootkit
You can disable it and I believe even request it to be removed entirely through their customer support, if doing it through the bios doesn't work.
>>
> reinstalling a small installer agent into the Windows OS
>rpcnetp.exe
>System32 folder on Windows systems
> activation of LoJack or after reinstallation of Windows.
Gee, I who is complicit here?

Stop using (((Microsoft))) Windows and you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.