[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A M D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: amd .jpg (52KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
amd .jpg
52KB, 620x413px
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10780/amd-announces-q3-2016-results

>Revenue to decrease 18% sequentially, +/- 3%, primarily driven by seasonally lower semi-custom sales. The midpoint of revenue guidance would be up 12% year-over-year.
>>
what IT means?
>>
>>57175167
Where did you even get that quoted line from? It's not in that article, which mostly seems to be positive.

Did you think nobody would read it, Pajeet?
>>
File: ladies_man.jpg (142KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ladies_man.jpg
142KB, 640x360px
>>57175167
Yea...now what does that mean?
>>
>>57175421
http://wccftech.com/amd-q3-2016-earnings-beat-console-sales/
>>
Pls fall. I need an entry before ZEN
>>
>>57175477
Their revenue is up 23% since Q3 2015, but they still made a loss for the quarter because:

>AMD took a charge of $340 million this quarter for their sixth amendment to the wafer supply agreement with GlobalFoundries.

With that one-off event aside, their operating income was $70 million for the quarter, compared to an operating loss of $97 million a year ago.

Basically, Lisa Su is slowly dragging them out of the mud.
>>
>>57175167
Intel and every other chipmaker have quarterly revenue expected to drop next quarter too. What's your point? Revenue would still be up YoY which is the point of their comeback.
>>
>>57175167
>gpus in new apple computers next week
>continued stranglehold on console market
>zen, zen+ and vega on the horizon
>actual good female CEO with dual masters degrees from MIT

nah they good senpai
>>
"She has bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees in electrical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology"

>yfw Lisa Su can talk circles around plebs
>>
She is better than yahoo ceo.

>>57175361
AMD IS OVER.
>>
AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>57175954

Lisa Su is fucking based. Take heed western "women"
>>
>>57175532
>wccftech
>>
>>57175167
They said AMD would be back to profits only next year. As you can see, the shares increased its prices a lot, there were revenew where they had loss last year, it is a very very timid uprising, but at least it is happening. When ZEN comes and if it end up being what it looks to be AMD may again become profitable.

Also, AMD cant end. This will lead to a market monopoly on Intel X86 architecture wich only AMD is licensed to use, even if AMD get bought, the deal will be over, this will lead Intel to be forced to license X86 processors wich will bloat the market with lots and lots of X86 CPUs version just like ARMs on mobiles, but it will never prevail cause it as total diferent market, we will end up seeing the end of open computers and stay with many many versions of macs from Samsung, LG and so on. I believe no one wants it to happen.
>>
File: 156208.png (492KB, 879x720px) Image search: [Google]
156208.png
492KB, 879x720px
>>57177594
>all computers will become like macs
>no one wants it to happen
lol wut
>>
>>57177305

Manginas pls stop
>>
>>57175167
Funny how people say that AMD doesnt make money from the Consoles but there is right where they get the highest amount of profit.
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>57177817
People don't realize hardware vendors (especially chip makers) live and die based on volume of demand. It's expensive per unit to make 100,000 chips, it's cheap per unit to make 1,000,000 chips. All those video games shipping with AMD chips in them do AMD a massive fucking favour.

Captcha: TOMAS STOP
>>
>>57177846
It is called operation cost. making 100,000 and selling it into a resonable price will not cover the operational cost to make them, so, the higher the ammount the better.
>>
File: amd.png (42KB, 653x726px) Image search: [Google]
amd.png
42KB, 653x726px
>>57175167
DELETE THIS
>>
AMD chink actually gets paid more than the Nvidia chink, let that sink for a moment.

There is a reason why AMD is doing awful even after they released a new product.
>>
>>57178255
this couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>57178255
>durr CEOs are overpaid
Fuck off, gommie!
>>
>>57178255
Lisa got a huge stack of stock and benefits, but shes paid based on her credentials, and because shes undertaking a much more significant role. Turning a failing company around and riding a cash cow are entirely different jobs.
>>
>>57178288
>>57178378
>>57178405

>AMD not doing awful

kek they released the RX480 in hope of outsmarting Nvidia in that specific segment and gain enough revenue to move to Vega development research, meanwhile Nvidia not only is selling more GTX1060s but they are also raking more profits per wafer with the GTX1060 GP106 than AMD does with the RX480 Polaris 10.

AMD got literally out played by Nvidia in their own game, had Nvidia released the 1060 cheaper than the RX480(which they could have done and still have profits) AMD would be done for.
>>
>AMD’s debt now stands at $1.6 billion, down $606 million from the previous quarter.

>Gross profit margin was 5 percent, down from 31 percent in the previous quarter due to a $340 million charge related to buying chips from contract manufacturer Globalfoundries.

She's doing alright, cleaning up the mess
>>
>>57178255
business idea: give the CEO bonuses to the billionaires
>>
>>57178541
>any company/technology/etc that isn't the hegemon it's automatically doing "bad"
>mcdonalds makes the best food
>wal mart sells the highest quality wares
>this is how consumer trash thinks
>>
>>57175532
>wccftech
>>
File: LadiesMan.jpg (103KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
LadiesMan.jpg
103KB, 640x640px
>>57175642

Well maybe she should try it in tha butt.
>>
I just don't get why people want AMD to fail and go bankrupt, don't you realize what will happen when Intel/nVidia have the market all to themselves?
>>
http://www.gamersnexus.net/industry/2653-amd-drops-prices-rx-470-rx-460

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>57180608
Why should they care? These people see themselves as your superior - even if they aren't.
>a world without cost-effective chips
>a world without any competition to drive up innovation instead of resting on laurels
>a world where only the wealthy can compute
but of course, no-one will admit it, in public...
>>
It's funny cause I just ordered an Intel i7 6700k chip last night.
>>
>>57180502
shes trying to drag them OUT of the mud, friendo
>>
>>57180608
AMD goes bankrupt and Intel has to hastily sell x86 license to random chink company to prevent any monopoly suspicion, random chink company manages to do more than AMD did in their lifetime. Or probably another situation similar to that, either way it will balance out in the end.

You guys need to realize there is no competition if one side can't compete. Let the market do it's thing. There is literally no reason to buy AMD anything aside from blind fanboyism, Intel/Nvidia beats them in performance, price, efficiency in every sector.
>>
>>57180608
Nobody wants AMD to fail. But if they are failing, non-fanboys are not afraid to call AMD out on it. Fanboys get angry and pray to Yahweh at night that DX12/Vulcan/aync or whatever magic bullet will save their company.
>>
>>57181595
That's the problem with AMD, they don't make anything good but people support them anyway.

And it's not like Mac vs PC where its personal preference, they're just worse in every way from Intel and Nvidia.
>>
>>57181630
If people want to support AMD for ethical or personal reason, that's fine. I hate it when people's inner desires shape their view of reality, say, wishing that the underdog wins causes them to have overestimate AMD's future potential. "DX12 is going to totally rekt Nvidia, guys! You'll see in two years!"
>>
>>57180681
>drop prices to saturate the market before your competitor can release cards to compete
smart business
>>
>>57180169
I think it's extreme ironic for a subhuman Pajeet AMD shill to discard an article written by another Indian street shitter. Especially since all AMD Indians on /g/ were constantly linking to currytech to shill for that pile of garbage called 480 RX.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161021_221114.png (7KB, 716x33px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161021_221114.png
7KB, 716x33px
>>57181839
ok
>>
File: niggers.png (88KB, 599x553px) Image search: [Google]
niggers.png
88KB, 599x553px
Reminder mods fucked this thread up.
>>
>>57178255
You obviously don't understand compensation.
>>
>>57182849
blue boards are non-trolling boards nigger.
>>
>>57181443

autistic, born in the 00s, or both?
>>
>>57175167
I upgraded from a GTX 670 to a RX 480 and have been very happy.
If Vega is anywhere close to what the specs suggest (2.0-2.5 x RX480) and less than $600, I'll order one on day 1.

Summit Ridge seems interesting (> 4 non-shit cores for not a fortune), but that would be more for a workstation rebuild than for anything like gaming I think.
>>
>>57181834

>The market is 88% Nvidia users and they will wait for Nvidias card rather than buy AMD's flood

If AMD was smart, they wouldn't have a joke of a market share.
>>
>>57175930
Also, you got poorfags like me are building 8350s on a budget.
>>
>>57175167

>Hi, I'm OP and don't understand shit about how to read and interpret quarterly results
>let me highly some random fact I think is REALLY, REALLY, AWFUL to help be shitpost

Look at the Non-GAAP if you want to know how the company itself is doing.
GAAP includes credits and debts and financial situations they've put themselves in. Think of it like taking your value as a human being for a quarter (Physical and liquid assets, income, credit, similar), and also factoring in your debt, pre-arranged payments and obligations, and similar deficits. GAAP is there as a standard for you to know how the company is looking financially overall. Which, to give you an idea, Sony's GAAP reports during the Sony Pictures leaks were still great due to their financial department being a powerhouse in the Japanese industry with loans, debts from other companies, and more. But their Non-GAAP results usually reported BIG losses.

They took at hit this quarter on their GAAP results due to the amendments they made to their deals with GlobalFoundaries. Extending agreements to 2020, and modifying costs, and more. They took at charge of about $340 million in this amendment, grossly effecting them from a quarterly business standpoint.
From a non-GAAP standpoint, they're growing very well and are recovering quite nicely compared to last year.
>>
>>57183186
lol, when did this happen?
>>
>>57181443
>friendo
autism
>>
>>57184930
>building 8350s on a budget
STOBBIT
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com
Just sort by the Value column and seek for your 8350.
It was really really good in 2012, and I stil have it too, but building shit in 2016 on it is... nguh
At least wait for zen if youre so fanboish
>>
>>57175167
Lol their earnings report was great, the only thing which was bad (but is really good), is the money they had to pay Global Foundries to use other wafer supply companies because they expect a massive jump in demand
>>
>>57178255
Kek wut

They are actually doing really well, they're finally positioning themselves to be competitive again
>>
File: Battlefield 1 1080p cpu.png (67KB, 523x440px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield 1 1080p cpu.png
67KB, 523x440px
>>57187667
>>
>>57181474

>Intel/Nvidia beats them in performance, price, efficiency in every sector.

You are completely fucking retarded and objectively wrong
>>
>>57187796

>You are completely fucking retarded

He's posting on /v/ - I mean /g/ so of course he is.
>>
They got beaten everywhere from Selfdriving car, console, dekstop, serve rand even a laptop.
>>
>>57184002
Last time I checked AMD was up to 20-30% currently.

They also have 100% on the console market - until the Nintendo Bait-and-switch releases.
>>
>>57187771
That anon is right though. Playing on an AMD chip is fucking horrid. Too much dips and stutters for me. Had an 8320 for 3 years before I got a better cpu. Anyone building AMD rigs this year on old ass vishera chips is plan retarded or misinformed. The thing is, it's not even in the frames. It just stutters too much.
>>
>>57187894

> The thing is, it's not even in the frames. It just stutters too much.

In the chart provided the minimum framerates look perfectly fine and its those that would highlight stuttering. Unless of course you are also indicating that the 6600 also is a stuttering mess.
>>
>>57178474
>gain enough revenue to move to Vega development research
This is paid for by Sony and MS. Sony and MS pay AMD to produce semi-custom chips and AMD uses that money to improve their arch. They already indicated the improvements found in Polaris were basically freebies thanks to Sony, probably while developing the new chipset for the PS4 Pro.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.