[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realise javascript is the future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 1476466191020.png (295KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476466191020.png
295KB, 600x600px
>tfw you realise javascript is the future
>>
For compsci students. The real hackers will live on because the universe demands it.
>>
i will commit seppuku before bowing to lord poettering
>>
>>57175148
>to play this movie you must enable javascript
>to flush this toilet you must enable javascript

WHERE DOES IT END/BEGIN/BETWEEN
>>
>seek jobs on different websites
>over 60% want javascript programmer

>go freelance
>over 50% are javascript jobs
>>
>>57175164
This.
Consumer programming is just consumer programming after all.
They'll need someone to place their node.js atop.
>>
Python will be the future after the GIL has been removed.
>>
>>57175282

python is a vomit of a language.

Absolutely on the bottom.
>>
>>57175313
Python is used in all fields. Web, statistics, machine learning etc. That's how 'shit' it is.
>>
>>57175368

Python is used only in statistics, in rest it sucks.
>>
>>57175148
i don't remember the Fantastic Four having a chink
>>
>>57175390
Reddit and many other websites run on Python. Tensorflow uses Python.
>>
>>57175543
>reddit
>implying it's sonething important
>>
>>57175579
Like Atom and Node.js are relevant. They're one day flies like all JS frameworks.
>>
>>57175599
I'm confused, anon, did you write your post to agree with me or to try somehow troll me?
>>
File: 1368962729355.jpg (96KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1368962729355.jpg
96KB, 724x720px
>mfw JS was my first programming language
Feels pretty good.
>>
And this is why:

>Hey IT guy, will you install this program I've made for the employees?

>Hurrr no, we only let people use Internet Explorer here or you have to fill out these 5000 pages of paperwork....

OK, I'll just make web apps then.
Thanks, IT guys.
>>
>>57175599
>best salaried programming platform is only a meme

when will the coping end
>>
>>57175148
Its the future
Its also doomed

https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
>>
>>57175700
>implying there's something not doomed
>>
>>57175670
>we only let people use Internet Explorer
That doesn't sound like IT. That sounds more like technophobes who two finger type and only use the computer to make spreadsheets and read emails.
>>
>hur my obscure labguage is becoming obsolete
Keep pouring out those tears. Us JavaScript programmers will be wiping them with our checks.
>>
File: rumpsteak.jpg (34KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
rumpsteak.jpg
34KB, 450x300px
What's wrong with Javascript?
>>
>>57175368
Python is dependency hell incarnate.

Have fun figuring out what native bindings your pip packages require.
>>
>>57175733
You've clearly never dealt with IT departments of medium to large size organizations.

And it's not that the IT guys aren't into computers.
They just try to minimize the amount of support they have to give, and they don't give a shit about the needs of normal employees.
>>
You have to understand that javascript-free viewing will never be promoted (as an accessibility thing,) by companies like Google, simply because that renders analytics null and void, and that negatively impacts their bottom-line.
>>
File: image.png (867KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
867KB, 1280x720px
>>57175193
You're such a butthurt dumb boy.
>>
>he only knows interpreted languages
Lmao retards
>>
>>57175923
>They just try to minimize the amount of support they have to give, and they don't give a shit about the needs of normal employees.
You've clearly never WORKED in the IT department of a medium to large size organization.

Imagine having to deal with the archetypal grandmother who knows nothing about computers and constantly bugs you when her email isnt working and it turns out she just unplugged her ethernet cable and didn't know it.

Now imagine dealing with hundreds of people like that on a daily basis.

Of course we don't give a shit about employee needs. They dont even know what they need.
>>
>>57175968
>ywn fuck that beautiful lady
just end me
>>
>>57175928
GWS works perfectly fine without JS you inbred.
>>
File: gopher.jpg (93KB, 600x275px) Image search: [Google]
gopher.jpg
93KB, 600x275px
>>57175148
>web
>>
>>57176092
Working in online tech support has given me a burning hatred for IE.

Every browser has its own unique flavor of suck, but IE sets the bar high.
>>
>>57177272
Edge is meant to replace IE.
>>
>>57175282
When will they add a way to run C++ and C code on any platform without recompiling?
>>
>>57176242
>yfw everything is turning towards the web and you're still slacking behind
i feel bad 4 u
just learn webassembluh bruh
>>
>>57177559
And yet people still use IE, on windows 10, because "it's what I know".
>>
>>57177610
How's that even possible?
>>
File: hackmud.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
hackmud.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
>be neet that wants to learn programing to earn a salary
>spend months agonizing over which language to learn first
>say fuck it all and learn javascript just to play a video game (HackMud)
>figure I'll learn an employable language after I learn this javascript

Guess I made the right choice after all.
>>
How do webdevs and javascript monkeys not kill themselves

I had to do one project on a JS frontend / node backend stack. Holy fuck that shit was so mind numbingly trivial

How do you not get bored of doing this trivial shit over and over again
>>
>>57179199
Are you actually complaining that a full JS stack makes creating projects trivial? Absolutely nonsensical.

If that isn't what you meant, then the only explanation is that you're too dumb to understand that trivial problems have trivial solutions, independent of programming language.

In either case your post is dumb as fuck. Up your game.
>>
OP you severely lack the courage to literally stab yourself in the stomach as depicted in your picture. You would just complain about Javascript on 4chan than try and make a fucking difference because you're so apparently adamant about how depressed you'll be when Javascript isn't the future it's happening now and around you.

You're a pussy bitch.
>>
>>57180429
At least with Java you have to write a bunch of boilerplate code. nodejs makes it too easy that even monkeys can do it.
>>
>>57178121
'compile' to some intermediary representation like LLVM IR?
>>
>>57175148
The web needs to FUCKING DIE!
>>
>>57180585
>t. nu-male 'code artisan'
>>
>>57175670

>install this program I made

So you want to install untested (by corporate standards) programs in a production environment?

Or, assuming you're not retarded, you're suggesting someone from the I.T. department at a low level pushes your homebrew program into a test environment, so that someone doing the corporate images has to fully use, test, and bugcheck for you? You don't seriously expect some sort of compensation or ownership of the program if someone should put it into production, would you?

And furthermore, assuming it does get to production, you want to spend more company time and money hiring a position to maintain this software?

Now I'm not even saying that's out of the possibility, but let's look at the TCO of your program:

-at least 5 people's time management-wise
-a good chunk of maintenance time supporting this program directly
-possibly having to hire new positions just for this program

Okay, sure. That could, to some extent, be reasonable. Now it just has to beat out any competition who will maintain and update the software typically for the price of the purchase (because we both know your program isn't office or antivirus that runs licensure on a per-seat basis or is high scale), and can add features all in a tight knit, forward and backward compatible environment, for typically roughly the same or much less the cost (depending on what's important to the director) as your software.

I worked with senior engineers and directors, and as a private contractor. I know what the process for this type of stuff is, and I gotta say, please consider all this before you put it to bat, or you'll face being laughed out of your point of contact's office.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.