[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who built his own social media site anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 9

File: Black-Man-smiling.jpg (38KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Man-smiling.jpg
38KB, 590x393px
Ask a guy who built his own social media site anything.
>>
whats it called ?
>>
Why are you homosexual?
>>
>>57173835
Is it babyfur.me?
>>
>>57173835
How much does the NSA pay you to collect all that personal info for them?
>>
where do I sign up?
>>
>>57173847
firstamender

Its a site that lets you write your own news articles in the format of a news article. The idea is to have people be the news and not a third party entity and to make people naturally skeptical of their sources.

>>57173849
I am not a homosexual.

>>57173850
No.

>>57173857
The company mantra is to not monitor people's data. I coded in one cookie for when you read an article. I also coded in some basic google analytics scripts that pull data by city and not a personal computer. The site does not monitor or give people data as there is no data to take.
>>
>>57173868
you can register by googling firstamender and checking out the site. (other url that works is 1stamender)
>>
>>57173886
OP delivered.
Sadly, he`s shit.

Like whats the point of that? it`s literally the internet`s purpose, back in 1990 we had the same stuff
>>
>>57173886
The name is too american , change it if you wanna go international
>>
>>57173906
One of the problems we're seeing in the internet today is that censorship is now becoming a global standard. You will see more and more sites starting to remove people's information and moderate content to the point that it will be oppressive. 1st amendment rights do not count as it is a private entity controlling data flow.
>>
>>57173909
We do want to go international but for now I want to solve the pervasive problem of the news media in the USA.
>>
>>57174101
yeah right
NASA can force you to rename that shit

the only right way for freedom is to host your own server. ask users to go via IP or maybe use the namecoin or somethin
>>
>>57174138
Yes when it gets bigger we are moving our servers to personal servers over seas. I am aware of the volatility of this. We just are not at that step just yet.
>>
>>57174138
also to note we are performing daily backups of the articles posted to avoid sudden removal of content. We would be able to be up and running in a couple hours after an attack.
>>
>>57173835
It's a pretty nice site OP, shame I had to send an anonymous tip in to the FBI about it. Maybe if you play nice they'll go easy on you, although treason is a serious offense.
>>
>>57174231
Nothing I am doing on that site is illegal by any means. No content is deemed illegal either. Everything is perfectly protected and I have lawyers to prove it.
>>
bumb
>>
>>57173835
Look, pa! A nigger!!!
>>
>>57174630
Shill it in /p*l/ they could like your idea
>>
Why?
>>
>>57173886
>firstamender
Sounds stupid desu
>>
>>57174309
>replying to bait
Yeah sorry your hs project for a website has no users. It's funny that you're concerned about security and backups when your website is literally too small for any agency to care about. I hope you and your "team" just give up this bad idea, also stop replying to yourself.
>>
>>57174667
pol is terrible.

>>57174823
I genuinely believe my site will become something in the future especially when more and more social networking sites are making it so your life is moderated.
>>
bamp
>>
Has any new memes started at your site?"
>>
>>57175178
No.
>>
>>57175195
Then it's shit.
>>
>>57175210
what the fuck. I just started it. It doesn't have a community.
>>
>>57175231
Once it has its own memes it can be judged but until then there's no reason to like it.
>>
whats your traffic like? what article topics are most common? do you pay people for submissions?
>>
>>57175273
Traffic is almost non-existent. I get maybe 20-40 sessions on a day and when an article goes viral on 4chan or reddit it usually hits 2000 for that day but thats it. Nobody writes articles but me and a few friends.

most common article is an opinion article of course. People don't want to be called out for being wrong so they list it as an opinion.

I am trying to get it to where I can pay people who submit their own content. right now I have it to where you can link your paypal email to your account and with that you can recieve payment through a paypal donation button. Also I am working with some local businesses to see if I can get them to write articles in return of ad space.
>>
>>57175325
have you had problems with copyright infringement? what audience are you looking to attract (the name seems conservative to me, but the articles look more liberal).
>>
>>57175419
the name is to be of a classical conservative notion. One that believes in the constitution as it stands. The audience I am looking to attract are those who truly believe in overall freedom. If you mean liberal meaning less authoritarian, you are right. And a classical conservative was that. The audience I would like is passionate people who have something to say. Libertarians, republicans, democrats. The idea is there is no mindset.
>>
>>57175419
Have had no issues with copyrights as if something goes through a copyright claim, it has to be removed if they have a legal ground to claim ownership. I can't have people posting movie dumps and content when the entire website could get taken down immediately for that.
>>
Do you consider hate speech to be free speech too?
>>
>>57175603
Yes I do.
There are exceptions.
You cannot just post hate speech when it can cause physical harm to the organization or person. Unfortunately articles like that can get taken down and are not covered under the first amendment.
>>
>>57173886
Use piwik instead of Google.
>>
Genuinely hope your site takes off, OP.
I'm interested to see where this could potentially go and how it's used.
Don't get cucked.
>>
>>57176236
Will try not to. I need people's help though. I need people to help me write articles. Me and my friends are writing articles whenever we feel passionate about something, but we feel it's not enough of a community to get a spur going. With enough people we can make a difference.
>>
>>57173886
>I am not a homosexual.
Fact check: False.
>>
>no https
nice try fbi
>>
>>57176854
there is no need to encrypt data when there is nothing worth to be stolen.
>>
File: 1311763499070.jpg (31KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
1311763499070.jpg
31KB, 300x354px
>>57176985
>https is just for encryption
>>
>>57177066
there is no request for any PII. data tap all you want nothing will come of it if all its doing is storing numbers for articles.
>>
>>57173886
change the font, it looks awful
>>
>>57177203

Fuck, I hate it when designfags leak into my /g/. Why don't you go back to ranting against OpenBSD's website for using Comic Sans MS, you cuck?
>>
>>57177203
to what? I thought it looks pretty good with a nice sans serif modern news-type font.
>>
>>57177203
there I changed it to coolvetica.
>>
>>57174172
Sounds interesting, might wanna post this on 8/pol/. They might find it interesting if they don't go full tinfoil (which is very likely)
>>
Who gave you the rubles? First amendment is bad since it protects hate. Thankfully Hillary won't let you get away with this.
>>
>>57177289
I have. And they have as well. People just either don't respond to it on /pol/ or they just shit on it till the thread dies.
>>
hmm
>>
>>57173835
fuck off zuck
>>
>>57177735
I wish. If I was him I wouldn't be here right now.
>>
Are there any plans for non English content?
>>
>>57177978
Yes. We want to broaden the USA audience right now. But we will be implementing releases in many different languages starting with Mandarin and Spanish.
>>
>>57177978
Secondly content can be written by people. It is not written by specialized staff but just regular people. You just need to register on the site to make articles of your own.
>>
>>57178013
I know, you just need to add a homepage in another language and translate the interface. Otherwise only people that know a bit of English can post in another language
>>
>>57174138
>NASA
Shit, and they own the sattelites too...
>>
>>57178045
Yes this is true. We really don't have a huge amount of money to spend on good translators. And secondly we have to build the USA audience before we start buying domains + language preference in the code till we bring in advertising dollars in. Advertising doesn't happen till we have a big audience. But the idea was to have an extremely non-invasive ad-presence. We've not made any money on the site. It's all been investment.
>>
no more questions?
>>
>firstamendment
Literally fuck off hitlerite scum. Hate speech has to be suppressed.
>>
Op I think you should implement the other languages right now and find someone who can do Mandarin or Spanish and get a few on there. I personally like the idea you set up.
>>
How are you properly screening submission for hate speech? The whole purpose of media in the modern world is to deliver the news without giving a platform to bigots. You seem to be giving a platform to just the kind of people who should not have media presence. Why?
>>
>>57178865
Okay so if you refer to hate speech meaning the suggestion to harm others obviously I can't allow that. But people need to be allowed to say what they want to say. I know it may sound horrible but often times it can be for the good of a population to point out a problem. Pointing out a problem is not the same as actively hunting down a race.

>>57178961
Bigots need a platform just as a feminist needs a platform. Libertarians need a platform. Democrats and Republicans need a platform. So do authoritarians. We all need to look around and listen to the ideas of all without silence of speech. You never really know what is the best idea till you listen to it all.

If there is something that has a hateful message and can actively harm people physically because of its presence it is taken down.

I personally review reports that are submitted and modify as needed. Generally articles don't need to be taken down.
>>
>>57179164
>Pointing out a problem is not the same as actively hunting down a race.
Pointing out a "problem," ignores the institutional problems and has to be censored. Most people are too ignorant and racist to understand that black crime is a function of structural racism so pointing out that 12% of the population commits 51% of the violent crime is inherently racist by virtue of the fact it obfuscates white institutional oppression.

The responsibility of the media is to screen out short-sighted "problem," identification and to focus on institutional issues.

>Bigots need a platform just as a feminist needs a platform.

No, feminists need a platform because of institutional oppression against women. Bigots are suppressed because they are not equal to non-bigots in that they institutionalize bigotry.

>Libertarians need a platform.

Giving libertarians a platform in the 00's is what lead to the rise of racism in the current era. Arguably the media did society a great disservice by giving any platform to their hyper-white-individualist ideology because it is so inherently patriarchal, racist, and theocratic. Thankfully the media did at least mention Ron Paul's history with racism publishing articles in the 80s about black inferiority.

>Democrats and Republicans need a platform.

To the extent that Republicans are bigots they do not need a platform. In-fact the job of the media is to deny them a platform if they espouse bigotry, eg. Trump's racism against undocumented latino immigrants.

>So do authoritarians.

Absolutely not, this is self-evidently wrong.

>If there is something that has a hateful message and can actively harm people physically because of its presence it is taken down.

Physical harm is coming to people as a result of institutional racism and privilege. Just because you don't recognize it does not mean it isn't their experience. By giving a platform to bigotry you are perpetuating it.
>>
>>57179311
THANK YOU for putting that into words for me. I am so so tired of hate being wrapped in a thin veil of free speech and as a European I just hope that your social democrats find the political will to address how much that speech needs to be curbed in order to move forward. The EU is only strong right now because we have been very clear with the far right that they will not receive any media platform to spread their hate.
>>
>>57179311
>>57179389
Jesus fucking christ. I hope this is trolling or CTR shilling because if this is how normalfags think these days we are completely fucked.
>>
>>57179311
It's up to the people to make that decision. Not a 3rd party or a government agency.

>Giving libertarians a platform in the 00's is what lead to the rise of racism in the current era.
what?

your whole response talking about institutional racism should be spoken about on 1stamender. The point is to have the free platform for anyone to speak. Do you get a mixed bag of shit and good articles? Yeah. Is there a rating system that stops generally bad articles and makes them lower on the list? Yes. Is it based off of how old an article is majorly? Yes. All of this protects people from the problems you state without actively censoring them.
>>
>>57179311
and secondly... I am not posting the articles. The people would. So the reflection of the website will be a reflection of overall society. We don't believe in preemptive silence because the silenced idea could be the best idea. You really don't know unless you listen.
>>
>>57173835
do u like lolis
>>
>>57179997
no.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161021-150735.png (454KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161021-150735.png
454KB, 1080x1920px
Why does it look like shit?
>>
>>57180060
whats wrong with it?
>>
OP the site actually looks pretty good, I like it. How accurate is it? I hate those sites that give bullshit information.
>>
>>57180411
the idea is to have people look at the content in a skeptical manner. Because it can be posted by anyone, it is natural to question the source. Always check the sources of the article to see whether or not you find the content to hold water.

Just as you should not trust a regular person to relay your news as you should not trust a respected journalist for the same reasons.
>>
>>57180762
Well that kind of threw me off a bit. I am looking for a reliable news site that I can visit on the regular.
>>
File: 1446515124598.png (75KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1446515124598.png
75KB, 400x300px
>>57173896
>1stAmender - Write Articles Anonymously Protected By The First ...

>anonymously
>you can register by
>>
>>57180931
The registration asks for no personally identifieable information.
>>
>>57180907
It is reliable. But I state to you that a professional journalists expert is just as trustworthy as a regular person.
>>
File: 1477091579527.gif (2MB, 205x221px) Image search: [Google]
1477091579527.gif
2MB, 205x221px
>>57179311
>pointing out that 12% of the population commits 51% of the violent crime is inherently racist by virtue of the fact it obfuscates white institutional oppression
>>
>>57180976
Especially considering the fact that anyone can post there should be a bunch of troll posts or good 4chan lies.
>>
>>57181000
Troll posts or articles that are spam are removed.
>>
>>57181012
Good to hear! You should keep very good moderation. Like making sure something is legit and not bullshit.
>>
>>57181027
thats up to the people to rate. the lower a rating the less they will show up on the top of the list.
>>
>>57181120
Cool, i'll visit the site on the regular then.
>>
>>57181139
if you feel passionate about something, write an article about it. I super encourage it to help increase traffic and activity in the future.
>>
>>57179311
>EYYY DATS RASISSSS
There, simplified this tl;dr
>>
Can you touch your bellybutton with the tip of your erect penis while standing up straight?
>>
>>57181529
I don't particularly care for that person's opinion considering that it makes presumptive choices about things that may make someone uncomfortable. And then de-legitimizing my website by saying it's racist when it has nothing to do with that in the first place.
>>
>>57181548
almost.
>>
>>57181552
Boohoo racist, you're going down. Social Justice is on the way.
>>
>>57181559
Thanks
>>
font on your site sucks fampai, hurts my eyes

that is all
>>
>>57181605
which font. I already changed it.
>>
I thought /g/ didnt know how to code
>>
>>57181619

that tall Breitbart looking font
>>
>>57173835
How can I make money from this?
>>
>>57181639
Its a modern font which many have told me they liked.
>>
File: why.png (87KB, 450x988px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
87KB, 450x988px
why
>>
>>57181655
??? what are you looking at
>>
>>57181655
>windows server
lmao
also which tool did you use for that, Pepe?
>>
>>57181678
he's hacking your server, moron

shut down everything before it's too late
>>
>>57181717
tool? everything is hand coded and its a simple godaddy economy server. We will be changing when it gets bigger.

>>57181724
A godaddy server? Okay.
>>
>>57181734
i'm not asking you dummy, i'm asking Jose which tool he used to analyze your server
>>
>>57181755
Jose here.

I use wappalyzer
https://wappalyzer.com/download
>>
>>57181789
Gracias Pepe
>>
>>57173886
Ddosing you right now
>>
>>57181855
...still up.
>>
>>57181862
dont make me hack your website to oblivion bud
>>
>>57181893
good luck.
>>
u dont want this
>>
>>57181910
well anyway... continuing on.
>>
bumpan
>>
g isnt some super fast baord dont bump every 5 mins fagot
>>
>>57181288
Will do. Not sure if I am the best writer though.
>>
>>57183411
you are the difference of the modern media. In 20 years you will see the media as a 3rd party will no longer be trusted but will be an entity of the people not to be controlled by a corporation or a government agency.
>>
>>57183528
True, true. Gonna learn to be a better writer and then I would contribute to the site!
>>
File: les.jpg (10KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
les.jpg
10KB, 265x190px
>>57174117
Oh a fag from pol who thinks that media is totally wrong but made up conspiracy theory youtube videos and pol memes are true

Pathetic
>>
>>57184282
I want people to think with skepticism toward the media.Not totally wrong. In fact, most of the time correct. But to assume correctness is to allow corruption. You must approach all media with skepticism as if a random person wrote it.
>>
>>57177315
Sounds like /pol/ to me
>>
File: IMG_8078.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8078.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>57173835
Hi Tom, what was it like to force everyone to be your friend?
>>
>>57184689
he was everyone's friend just so there was a way to reach every single user with their breadth-first-search advertising algorithm.
>>
>>57184412
Its going to be turn into a full of autism fest with nazi wanabbes, retarded idea
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.