[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which tablet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Google Pixel C.jpg (212KB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
Google Pixel C.jpg
212KB, 1200x805px
I need a tablet for my work which includes some text editing, programming, running services like HTTP, FTP and whatnot. I've found the apps capable of this, but I'm in China and the software here is in Chinese.

I'm looking for an android tablet (10 inch or around, not less than 8) that I could connect a keyboard, root, flash with a custom ROM, xposed, titanium backup and the lot,

Have you any experiences with tablets? I've noticed not many people talk about them here.

Should I just get pic related or look for something else? It's pricy, but if I don't find anything else, I'll get PixelC. I'd rather just get one now and have it used for years in the future, I'm not one who likes to change his tech every year.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Have you thought about getting an Asus transformer and installing Ubuntu or doing the whole debootstrap thing and running Linux on the side?
>>
>>57171466
No, since I require a tablet OS, I don't feel like fiddling with Linux.

Up until this point I carried an X220 with Debian on it.

Android will do the trick. I'm getting old and lazy.
>>
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Electronic_and_computer_goods#Tablets
>>
>>57171554
Thank you Anon, I already checked those, but they run windows or I am unable to perform root or put ClockworkMod Recovery on them...
>>
>>57171411
I actually have a Pixel C and it's an amazing tablet. If you're willing to spend the extra money go for it. You won't really need the keyboard but it's a neat accessory. If you intend to carry around the tablet throughout the day you'd be better off getting a case with a keyboard built in instead.
>>
>>57172593
Thank you Anon. I am hesitant between the Pixel C, S2 and Z4 Tablet, all of them have the requirements I need.

Chinks have some frickin' amazing hardware here, but I just don't trust the software.

since I started tampering with my OPO and android in general, I got so much more out of my phone, I'd like the same experience with a tablet. If OnePlus made a tablet, I'd get that one.
>>
Why don't you buy a laptop?
>>
>>57173511
S2 fag here, I love it; i've got the old one (processor wise) and it's still blazingly fast, the samsung cover is also brilliant because it just feels so comfy

best part is the screen of course

there is a keyboard cover but i prefer a bluethooth keyboard

pixel c also looks great to be honest, samsung bloat is a bitch but you get sd card and if you root bloat goes away
>>
>>57171411
> which includes some text editing, programming, running services like HTTP, FTP
What you are looking for is a 13,3" laptop
>>
>>57174201
>Samsung bloat is a bitch but you get sd card and if you root bloat goes away
That's my main concern, I seriously wish to get rid of bloatware. I only have the bare essentials on my OnePlus One, and I get 2 days battery life if I turn on Airplane mode while on the metro. I had two flatmates, both using Samsung phones, and just the level of nonsense they had on their phones was... Unbearable. Also, that comic-sans-like font was painful to watch. Do you have root? Do you have a custom ROM?

>>57172593
Anon, have you rooted? Have you tampered with your Pixel C? Custom ROM, Xposed 'n' such?
>>
>>57174431
I do have exactly what you mean Anon, I have a ThinkPad X220 (Tablet) and I've carried with me for years now, it's become painful.
An S2 is 1/4 of the weight and 1/3 of the size.
>>
>>57174477
>Do you have root? Do you have a custom ROM?

No, unfortunatly I'm way to stupid to know how to do that. I use one of those Disabler apps from the playstore to block anything that says "samsung" and a lot of Googles stuff too.

Why Samsung thinks it's a good idea to put so much bloat on the device and make it impossible to delete without rooting is beyond me.

That being said: In da to day use it doesn't matter. By now I've blocked everything that could have been running in the background and draining battery. The tablet does everything i could wish for and more. I use Nova Launcher to avoid touch wiz. It's super fast and responsive. I use it to read, surf, 4chin, netflix and as an evernote machine. Like I said, the screen is amazing.
>>
>>57174477
oh and battery life is awesome too, way better than any laptop
>>
File: 1476911909353.png (838KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
1476911909353.png
838KB, 1180x842px
>I need a tablet for my. work
>for my work
>tablet
>work
>>
>>57174773
>Shitposting
>Helping
They aren't the same, Anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.