[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CM13 is so ugly compared to MIUI8 Why do people even use CM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Xiaomi-Rabbit-Boy.jpg (85KB, 959x657px) Image search: [Google]
Xiaomi-Rabbit-Boy.jpg
85KB, 959x657px
CM13 is so ugly compared to MIUI8

Why do people even use CM? MIUI has all kind of bult-in apps and features, without needing third-party apps for basic functions.

Praise Xiaomi
>>
>>57171076
I still cannot unlock my redmi note 3 officially. Fuck that 50% error
>>
>>57171076
i had the same opinion like you several months ago. but it turned out, that miui is a pain in the ass! I bought a redmeme note 3 snapdragon editon and compared to cm 13 there is NO:

-root
-fast charge
-dpi change
-support of lte band 20
-titanium recovery
-sd card as internal memory

and so on.

btw.. do you may know where to buy original spare parts, like a lcd/digitizer for xiaomi phones, especially the note 3 pro?
>>
>>57171792
>MIUI8

Any real drawbacks of miui? Is memory management still bad?
>>
nice try chinko
>>
>>57171174
>I still cannot unlock my redmi note 3 officially. Fuck that 50% error
Did you activate Locate My Device?
>>
Miui is a botnet that spies on me. Cm with no gapps isn't.
>>
>>57171076
If I wanted an iPhone then I'd buy an iPhone
>>
>>57171076
>Shit default apps
>Shit settings
>Chinese botnet in every default app
>No root
>No adblock
>Privacy settings don't actually do anything
>Shit icons and UI
>Unecessary bloat

MIUI a shit. I can't wait for official CM13 to get this cancer off my phone.
>>
>>57172059
>for official CM13
CM13s been out for a while what are you talking about
>>
>>57171174
>I still cannot unlock my redmi note 3 officially.
Then just don't?
I applied for official unlocking but after 1 hour I go so bored with waiting for it already that I was googling how to flash it without asking for official unlock. It wasn't that hard to find a guide. Lemme look if it's still in my history. No guarantees.

>>57171792
I'm fairly new to moden day android use.
I keep seeing people recommend Titanium recovery, but what do you use it for? Can't you just backup your phone through TWRP?
>>
>>57171174
dude, fuck unlocking the bootloader do it the unofficial way and fuck the chinks and their dumb system
>>
>>57172470
http://xiaomitips.com/guide/unlock-redmi-note-3-bootloader-without-official-permission/

halfway it will tell you 'try this other guide it's safer'. I'm not 100% sure but I think I did try and it didn't work at some stage. maybe one of the things it links to has been taken down or whatever. Don't remember. Anyhow I think I then just continued with the 'dangerous' method. Worth noting though is that connecting it to miflash it recognized it right away which is a good sign.

Good luck. Feel free to look up alternative guides.
>>
File: miCarbon.jpg (287KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
miCarbon.jpg
287KB, 1920x1440px
anyway to root stock miui 8?

or have to unlock bootloader first... then i guess i can flash anything other than stock miui
>>
CM13 to MIUI was annoying. How do you flash MIUI without it replacing twrp?
>>
Yea and it's also fucking filled with back doors.
>>
>>57172059
The fuck are you talking about?

>No root
Ummmmm
>>
>>57171792
>not flashing superior xiaomi.eu beta rom
>not flashing supersu zip file using twrp to get root access
>not using custum dpi in superior miui desing.

Leave /g/ pls.
>>
>>57172696
>>57171174

Flashing the newest Global Dev rom worked for me
>>
>>57173650
>custum dpi in superior miui desing.
post screenshot pls
>>
>>57171076
3 Renminbi has been deposited into your account Wang
>>
>>57173651
which rom was needed to unlock the bootloader actually ? the official way...
>>
>>57172470
Probably yes, but I personally use titanium since the early days of android, I am used to it. you can backup and restore single apps, backup WiFi passwords, manage all that very easy... all I need.

>>57173650
actually I am coming from "superior xiaomi. eu Beta rom" 6.9.9 my friend
i changed because of the "random accu drain for no reason" and the "one icon fits the screen design of miui". where can I find the dpi tool/ app/ mod. what ever?

>>57173775
any dev Rom
>>
I wanna be part of the cool kids.
>>
>>57171879
Known backdoors and surely some unknown ones as well. The operating system is extremely "chatty" and makes a trillion outbound connections every second.
>>
>>57171174
Jeez, i dont even waited for the *official permission* to unlock.
Download adb drivers, Fastboot_edl-v2, MiFlash 2016.08.30, 6.9.9 firmware, patched emmc_appsboot.mbn and twrp. Replace emmc_appsboot.mbn in the firmware, enable usb debug, enter edl mode, flash it, enter to fastboot and type
>fastboot oem unlock-go
>fastboot flash recovery xxx.img
Done. Say goodbye to chink botnet and prepare to deal with tons of cyanogenmod bugs. Like broken fingerprint, camera and encryption. Yes, there is NO ENCRYPTION on RN3P with CM13.
>>
>>57174342
Boy.
Am I glad it worked for me in a few hours of trying.
>>
>>57173775
Worked for me with xiaomi.eu rom
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.