[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Russians and Chinese so good at hacking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: chinese hackers ruining dota.jpg (166KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
chinese hackers ruining dota.jpg
166KB, 1024x680px
Why are Russians and Chinese so good at hacking?
>>
they aren't "good" - they're state sponsored

guess what would happen if we gave US hackers unlimited resources and government backing? they'd hold the same level of infamy their eastern counterparts do

now fuck off
>>
>>57168505
it's more that large organizations, like political parties, big businesses, and governments, are really awful at security. This is true regardless of if they're American or not.

in any organization whose prime reason for being isn't IT, IT is seen as irritating and expensive overhead to be minimized and worked around. Bureaucracy gets in the way of everything. Management wants to make this security crap someone else's problem, so they buy some firewall appliance or something and just assume that that's all they need and that it'll work. Nobody likes it when IT tells them "no, you can't use your own device, because security". The biggest things you can do to improve security are shit work that nobody wants to do, like patching everything all the time. If you aren't really on top of keeping your environment simple, organized, and consistent, you fall behind on patching and never ever catch up.

We hear about this shit when it happens to us because we have a (mostly) free press. When the Chinese government or some big Russian company gets hacked, they can sweep it under the rug and it doesn't dominate news cycles in the world's biggest media market, but it happens.
>>
>>57168714
backed by government?
even the pirates?
>>
>>57168714
The United States military also employs computer hackers.

Reminder that onion routing was developed by the United States Navy.
>>
the chineese and russians didnt write stuxnet, or regin, they phish and then post to wikileaks

there is a reason american doesnt burn its odays and cyber weapons
>>
>>57168505
Their coding boot camp is actually a boot camp
>>
>>57168963
>stuxnet
i read about this
it's crazy shit!
>>
>>57168963
Thanks for correcting the record.
>>
>>57168991

Pretty sure Stuxnet was a combined effort by the USA and Israel
>>
>>57169044
i know
but it was fucked up
>>
>>57169055

If by "fucked up" you mean fucking awesome then yes, yes it was fucked up
>>
>>57169083
what if iran decides to do the same?
>>
>>57168714
this already happens retard
>>
>>57169089

If you want to talk about people doing the same I heard that before somebody took stuxnet and found a way to physically get the software into Natans(spell?) It was released onto the web in hopes it would find it's way into the facility that way.....soooo the shit is floating around the net just waiting for someone to get their eyes on it's source code...someone that is not Iran who obviously have said source code
>>
>>57169089

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/26/nyregion/rye-brook-dam-caught-in-computer-hacking-case.html

We tried to melt their Russian-backed nuclear power plant and they halted some financial companies while hitting a tiny dam. It's open cyberwar.
>>
>>57169165
what a fucking mess
what about wikileaks releasing stuff on hillary and the dnc? are they working with russia/iran?
>>
>>57169089
>>57169165

The thing that baffles me about cyberwar, is that in theory it could not only be waged by states or citizens of said states...but we could see some serious Mr. Robot level anarchy...at least in theory.
>>
>>57168963
You are cute. You know what the fuck is stuxnet because Ameritards are so fucking stupid that they can't keep a secret.
Cunts made in the holy U S of A are making more shit like stuxnet that you haven't heard off and they are also trying to fight off against shit the chinese and the russions have inserted deep into the nations anus.
i find it funny that you don't think there are at least 10x more backdoors in shit made by chinks and used across USA than there is actually in china.
>>
>>57169187

Hmmm an Australian went and started an open source news outlet fed by hacktivists...that he runs out of switzerland...and then starts working for Russia...that sounds like some seriously cyberpunk shit.
>>
>>57169221
but do we know that he is with the russians?
is that disputable?
>>
File: 1476676869793.jpg (84KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1476676869793.jpg
84KB, 750x709px
>>57168505
They're not. They're just good at being a distraction because the Amerifats have an irrational hatred of them. The way I see the hacking accusations is that it's a way for the corrupt politicians to get the spotlight off of their backs. Don't believe anything you hear without proof. The media and your government are not above lying to you.
>>
CSGO creates more hak skills
>>
>>57168714
False, they are just good at math.

US has shitloads of government and military "hackers".

Holy shit you're a dumbfuck.
>>
>>57169249

If he isn't at all with the Russians and just doing what he does....ya know leaking stuff that the FBI and other state groups are just ignoring....That would probably make it even more cyberpunk no?
>>
Is it just me or does the guy on the first computer have LOL open?
>>
>>57168505
>they aren't "good" - they're state sponsored
This. How "good at hacking" they are depends mostly on how much money are they willing to spend on buying 0days etc.
>>57169268
Being good a math won't help you find flaws in software. Those things are found and sold by people who work with a certain technology day after day to the point of boredom. There's nothing smart about it.
>>
>>57169307

No he does not have LOL open, he's asian it's SCII
>>
>>57168991
>Stuxnet functions by targeting machines using the Microsoft Windows operating system

I don't feel sorry for them.
>>
>>57168963
>stuxnet
>hacking a plc
If you only knew how ridiculously vulnerable controllers are you wouldn't be so amazed by stuxnet.
The worst thing is there's not much that can be done about it. Or at least the security options are very limited.
>>
>>57168505
>Mouse and keyboard not on the same height

Fuck that shits uncomfortable.
>>
>tfw normies revere "hackers" as the "smart guys", while security is one of the dumbest and less requiring field of CS
>>
Russian's are pretty based at winAPI stuff

Honestly, their government turns a blind eye to a fuck load of shit going on in that country. There's so many god damn carding forums based in Russia. We have more resources going into cracking down on that shit than they do. Not even talking about state-sponsored stuff.

All three of us have big money into state-sponsored shit. China is probably better than Russia. Russia is just blatant with stuff. They don't give a fuck.

Remember the best hackers/hacks are the one's you've never heard of or didn't get caught.
>>
>>57169430

Seriously real life is not some 80's movie where all the l33t haxors do shit for attention
>>
>>57168831
This man knows whats up.
Then on top of that people who could be some of the greatest allies of the US government are charged prosecuted and put in prison because "they are criminals/hackers".

Its the same logic that politicians been using on so called waste reducing the budgets of school systems around the country and then wondering why the output is such shit and why that shit clogs up the health care system, judicial system and is subsidy dependent in their adult lives.
>>
>>57169314

Dumb fuzzing is too easy and the good devs are doing it as part of the SDLC. It takes code analysis techniques and deep knowledge of exploits to find worthwhile bugs in well audited software. Source code analysis and SMT solvers aren't that good because of the halting problem so you need manual tuning to reduce the code coverage to something manageable.
>>
>>57169379

that fact that server nt4/2000/2003 machines still control most plcs scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>57169673
In November of 2015 air-traffic control at an airport in France was shut down for hours because a computer running Windows 3.1 crashed.

Then again I guess running an OS that's too old to support TCP/IP is one way to keep hackers out
>>
>>57168505
Because they don't get shipped off to the prison for 20 years for "hacking" the school home page, so they get to develop their skills further.
>>
>>57168505
>hacking

because of Win32fags like you.
>>
>>57169673
>still control most plcs
And they will for at least the next 10-20 years, because that's their fucking point. Complex security systems, policies and updates are things industry can't accept and will avoid. Security and PLC are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>57168505
yea i go to school with chinese people, most of them only care about buying nikes and BMW's. they're retarded when it comes to homework, and just buy the answers online
>>
>>57169083
this.

stuxnet was fucking genius, and bad as fuck. goml

how can you even call that shit fucked up, you pussy
>>
>>57169207
mr robot is a retarded TV SHOW crafted to appeal to the sensibilities of immature minds with too much time and not enough work ethic
>>
>>57168938
Yes, and they are corsairs
>>
>>57169055
i guess you also think the NSA is guilty of performing applied mathematics
>>
It's not that they are good nor is it an issue of the US not hacking. The state sponsored hacking tends to only target governments with basically no transparency so it is rare that anyone finds out about it. Furthermore in the countries that US does its hacking against private companies have no valuable trade secrets.
>>
Because the media overhypes everything. Literally nothing of interest is happening, but retards on TV will act like it's going to bring about massive destruction.

Fuck them.
>>
>>57168505
They're not, they just get credit for shit they never die because Democrats are unwilling to admit their own staff leaks their corruption to people like Assange.
>>
>>57168505
>Why are Russians and Chinese so good at hacking?
Because they're state sponsored. Their government provides courses for actual penetration on live targets in foreign countries.
>>
>>57168505
they have shit carrier perspectives so doing black hat stuff is a better option to them than it would be in civilized countries
>>
>>57169866
do you even realize just how little the shit that happens in american politics matters outside of america? and for that matter even inside america?

stop being cucked by the news. just live your life and focus on getting better at your craft
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.