[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a reminder that Apple created the modern smartphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_3730.jpg (779KB, 1577x1183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3730.jpg
779KB, 1577x1183px
Just a reminder that Apple created the modern smartphone
>>
File: 1475101431382.jpg (66KB, 600x781px) Image search: [Google]
1475101431382.jpg
66KB, 600x781px
>>57168435
delet this
>>
>>57168435
>applel
>creating anything ever
>>
>>57168462
>concept design
>concept design
>concept design
>actual finished product
>>
File: 1450815937544.jpg (526KB, 460x2793px) Image search: [Google]
1450815937544.jpg
526KB, 460x2793px
>>57168435
>>
Just a reminder that they turned the modern smartphone into a fashion accessory with the removal of the headphone jack. the phone now prioritizes form over function. I was looking forward to iPhone 7 too, until they killed it.
>>
File: file.png (258KB, 940x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
258KB, 940x620px
>>57168680

You niggas need to swithch to the LG G series.

>removabal battery
>1 TB sd storage
>android
>Mini SLR as a camera

Literally a perfect phone.
>>
Most /g/ posters hadn't even hit puberty when the first iPhone was announced.

The truth is it was revolutionary, it blew every other mobile device out of the water. People forget prior to the iPhone, browsing HTML was a joke, multimedia was non existent, software was archaic.

I had a Dell Axim X51 PDA, arguably one of the best Windows Mobile devices on the market at the time. It absolutely got demolished by the iPhone and as soon as I saw the web browsing, Youtube capability, etc I knew it was basically over for Windows Mobile.
>>
>>57168715
Unf, yes. Love mine.
>>
>>57168462
>thinking that things that are rectangular predating the iphone means the whole idea was worked out earlier

mobile operating systems before iOS were absolute garbage. go check out where android was around the time that apple announced the first iphone. it was garbage. it didn't resemble android today at all.

the OpenMoko FreeRunner is a great illustration of this because it came out around the time the iPhone was getting its footing. it was basically the sort of dumpster fire that you had to deal with in "smartphones" until apple kicked its competitors out of a vegetative state.
>>
>>57168715
>one of the worst Android skins, maybe below touchwiz at this point
>shit build quality
>unstable as fuck, prone to bootloops and straight up dying for no reason

no thanks
>>
>>57168715
You forgot
>bootloop
>>
what ever happened to WebOS? i kind of liked my palm pre :(
>>
>>57168719
Pretty much. I used to surf the web with a switch on the phone emulating a mouse before touch screens. It was horrible.
>>
>>57168626
Yeah they took all those things and made them better

No need to constantly reinvent the wheel
>>
Which is why they suck AMD are nothing but glorified media players.

My 2009 BlackBerry is still netter at email, contact and calendar management and had an amazing web browser and office suite, i.e: stuff to actually work. What does Android and iOS offer? Oh, yeah, "voice assistants", stickers, semi-decent web browsers, the worst input method as a fucking default and a battery that doesn't even last 8 hours of use.

Fuck Apple, Android OEMs and their cancerous toys. They ruined the whole smartphone market.
>>
>>57168782
Yeah they just shave parts off the wheel until it's a square
>>
>>57168810
I mean who's the main competition from?

Google and Microsoft?

They don't "repurpose" ideas from other companies as well?
>>
>>57168680
get with the fucking times grandpa. if your using high end headphones like a K702 then you should be running them through an amp connected via the thunderbolt port and if you're using lesser headphones they may as well be bluetooth. fuck i have $30 aukey bluetooth sports headphones and they are fucking great compared to earpods and my CX100 earbuds
>>
File: 1473978380277.gif (82KB, 768x576px)
1473978380277.gif
82KB, 768x576px
People genuinely like to forget how awful smartphones were before the first iPhone. I mean, it didn't invent anything new but it certainly developed a creative touch OS that no one had ever seen before.

Did touch screens exist before, even in phones with similar design? Yes. But apple modernized the smartphone and made it all very accessible. Do yourself a favor and re-watch the original keynote. It's actually quite mind blowing. Apple was the first to sell the complete "Modern" Smartphone package.

Is their latest stuff completely derivative? Absolutely, and I think even the most hardcore of apple fanboys will agree. Apple has no where to go from here and no new markets to penetrate at the moment. So they're stuck in mediocrity. Making the same shit they've made year after year because they're afraid to change their breadwinning formula.
>>
File: 1475508614117.jpg (747KB, 800x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1475508614117.jpg
747KB, 800x1700px
>>57168844
>creative touch OS
>>
What can I do with OP's pic? I still have mine and it still turns on, but the battery's really bad
>>
>>57168844
this. before the iPhone most smartphone and PDA touchscreens were resistive rather than capacitive. apple didn't invent capacitive touchscreens, but they found a way to make the capacitive technology viable for the mass market.

if anyone here has been to university they probably know from firsthand experience that most of this shit that we talk about starts off as a seed of something in a real research lab that publishes papers. if you really want to be nitpicky, those are the only real inventors of anything, making something out of nothing. and researchers in particular describe themselves as "standing on the shoulders of giants" - that is, not taking sole credit for anything because they realize that they're just building on geniuses from before them, who in their times did the same.

all that being said, there's something to be said for getting smartphones out of the miserable shape they were in back in 2006. if we continued along that trajectory, you can be sure that your carrier would be even more entrenched in your operating system than it is now, for instance.
>>
>>57168877
Shove it in your anus
>>
>>57168838
>get with the times!!!!

I don't want to use an adaptor for my phone. Bluetooth headphones sound like shit and are just another thing to charge every night. I should be able to plug fucking earbuds in my phone without shoving a dongle in there.
>>
>>57168861
Glass is garbage. There is nothing it does better than a smart watch other than making you look like a tool. When we get glass like we had in the original proof of concept, then talk to me about that.

>Intel.
Got me there, Qualcomm is a fucking disgrace. Thats an android problem though, not a iphone one.

That windows 7 phone looks fucking awful to use. UbuntuOS I was actually pretty excited about but still had 0 support. Regardless of if iPhone was involved. Win10 same problem. These are android problems not iPhone ones.

>What we got instead
Yes, it's amazing how cherrypicking images can get even the worst points across. But you didn't even choose goodones
>>
>>57168680
That implies the primary function is for listening to music
>>
File: LG_KE850_Prada_Hauptmenü.jpg (2MB, 1798x2546px) Image search: [Google]
LG_KE850_Prada_Hauptmenü.jpg
2MB, 1798x2546px
>>57168462
>>57168520
>iPhone announced on January 9, 2007
>LG Prada announced on 12 December 2006
>>
>>57168462

clay concepts don't mean shit.

I heard some guy created a 1:8 Tesla Model S back in 1983.
>>
>>57168820
Yes they do, but they don't hypocritically cry about other people stealing their ideas. It doesn't matter who came up with the idea, the implementation is the only thing that matters. No matter what Apple say or do their walled Garden will never be preferable to a good Android phone.
>>
>>57168715
Those defective gookshit abominations have awful quality control and tons of phones come back defective
>>
>>57168435
Just a reminder the OS still sucks
>>
>>57168861
>ubuntu phone
Why can't you just be popular, dammit?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.