[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any suggestions dealing with an eBay scammer and eBay's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: ebay-logo-scam[1].jpg (16KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
ebay-logo-scam[1].jpg
16KB, 500x275px
Any suggestions dealing with an eBay scammer and eBay's piss-poor seller support?

Last week, I sold a Macbook Pro and Air the same day. The MBP buyer claims they received the Air, but the MBA buyer hasn't notified me of any mix-up.

There was a couple pounds of weight difference in the packages. When checking my shipping receipt, going by the weights alone, they appear to have been shipped to the correct buyers. The heavier package (MBP) went to the MBP buyer's address.

My listing for the Air included a blue plastic protective case. However, I've asked the buyer to tell me everything that came with the package, and they make no mention of the protective cover.

I pay a monthly fee to be an eBay store. My account is several years old with roughly 200 total feedback, 100% positive. The problem buyer only has 1 feedback and the account is less than a month old.

I've called eBay support at least three times about the issue and every representative basically tells me I'm fucked. They told me my account history and perfect feedback means nothing, none of my evidence holds up, and I will likely have to refund the buyer's money.

Anything else I can do to try to defend myself? The only thing I can think of is having the buyer forward the serial number and comparing it to what I have in photos. The eBay rep said that would be enough to close the case in my favor if there was a discrepancy, but I question if they were being truthful.
>>
>>57165883
request the buyer send back the device if they want a refund
>>
not really relevant but on sunday im going to meet with this 70 yr old gilf to help her set up a store on ebay. she looks like she is in her 50s. i want to bang her or let her use me as a slave boy. how should i seduce her?
>>
>>57165908
That's what they're trying to do, except there was a $200+ difference in the model I sent them and the one they are claiming to have received.
>>
>>57165931
show her your fat erected pee pee
>>
>>57165949
i am tall and ugly with a small pee pee
>>
>>57165931
Flirt with her like you would a girl your own age. Fleeting eye contact, playful smiles, light touching, etc. Make her feel young again. At the end of the day, comment on how well you two work together as a team.

Or you could be dealing with some post-menopause b/s where she has no interest at all.
>>
>>57165883
This bullshit happens all the time

some fuckass buys your product then complains about it, wrecks your shit and either demands their money back to scam you or get a free product out of it

the fact that the weight of the package is the same as the macbook they're supposed to receive is absolute proof that they got it and they're lying.
>>
>>57165931
does granny have any sex drive at all at this age?
>>
>>57165980
she is super flirtatious i am just wondering how to make the move
>>
>>57165939
if they sent you back an unfamiliar device can't you tell ebay that its serial number doesn't match what you had and un-refund it + you get to keep whatever shite they sent?

also as a business you just gotta chalk some things up as a loss, it happens
>>
>>57165883
>I sold a Macbook Pro and Air
Fuck off scammer.
>>
>>57166017
I would hope, but I don't know how much luck I'd have with that. The return process seems pretty automated and I didn't post photos of the serial number in the original listing. The way they are putting the burden of proof on me, I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to accept my photos of proof if it wasn't in the listing.
>>
Not much you can do at this point. Ebay will side with the buyer 9 times out of 10 if the buyer alleges that their goods aren't as described.

But as crappy a place as eBay is to sell, Amazon is worse. You won't find a more nitpicky, scammy bunch of customers anywhere.
>>
>>57166012
Just be direct and confidently ask her out. She probably doesn't have interest in the games young people play. Focus on getting to know her and have an interest in her as a person. Don't bring attention to the age gap, you both are aware of it and it goes without saying.
>>
>>57165883

You have the buyer's address.
>>
>>57165883
There's a very simple solution.

>don't offer refunds in the initial listing
>>
>>57166943
I don't.

Ebay's buyer protection essentially forces you to accept returns if the item is not as described, though.
>>
>>57165883
Nigga I ain't reading that shit.

Why would a buyer KNOW that you sold the other item? Are you sure you didn't mix the packages up? If you got a receipt with weight I bet you paid for postage at the post office like a retard?

Anyway.

>>>/biz/

>>>/r/eBay
>>
>>57167152
All I had for sale last week were macbooks, and i linked to the other listings in all of the descriptions.

No, I get a shipping discount printing from home, but I drop the packages off at the window so I get a dropoff receipt with the actual weights,
>>
You're screwed, OP. It only takes one scammer to screw over a small store this is why a vast majority are huge selling thousands of items a month which makes it minuscule of an issue when one or two people here and there try to scam them.

Take future precautions. Organise and document everything.
>>
>>57165883
Ask him to return it. Once you receive it claim you received rocks and refuse refund.
>>
File: 1453223254457.png (525KB, 761x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453223254457.png
525KB, 761x720px
Ebay is shit for sellers, use something like craigslist for items worth money.
>>
Just request they send the item back so you can rectify the situation. What's the likelihood that they happen to own the very type of device they claimed to have received? I doubt they could have gone through your transaction history to see that you sold both a Pro and an Air, then concocted some elaborate scheme based around this information.

It may be very well possible they're not even lying to you, and there was indeed a mix up.

>>57166539
>Ebay will side with the buyer 9 times out of 10 if the buyer alleges that their goods aren't as described

lol, no. eBay has refused to help me in some cases of not receiving items in the condition specified by the seller, even when I uploaded photos proving my claims. This is mostly regarding used video games (especially optical discs) that didn't work at all. These resellers pick up whatever garbage they can find in thrift stores, claim it's tested and working, and pawn it off on unwitting buyers.

And those times when I do receive a return and refund, the seller just turns around and relists the defective item.
>>
>>57168386
Live in a fairly poor area, so local sales go nowhere.I have/had 5 Macbooks listed on CL, FB, and the local university buy/sell page. Let them sit there for 6+ weeks. Got tons of interest, but the highest offer I received for any of them was $350. I sold the same one on ebay for ~$800 within 24 hours of listing it.

>>57168300
How do you suggest I organize and document things any better than I have? Like I said, I have the shipping receipts showing the actual weights and destinations, photos of the serial numbers, etc. What else is there to document?
>>
>>57168454
There's a $200+ price difference in what I sold vs what they claimed to receive. There is a 2 lb weight difference between what I shipped(with receipt as proof) vs what they claim to have received. I shipped the laptop with a blue protective covering still on it, but they claim to have received a laptop without a cover. It just doesn't add up to me.
>>
>>57168639
>It just doesn't add up to me.

Think about the plausibility of this scheme, and the complexity of planning involved in it. It's more likely you made a mistake. The other buyer may not even know the difference between a Pro and an Air, or is just one of those drive-by buyers who doesn't pay attention to eBay communications.

Just request they send it back. That should answer everything. You'll either get back the exact model you inadvertently sent, or you'll get someone's busted up model that clearly was never in your possession to begin with. In that case, you should elevate your claim and provide images detailing the swapped computer that the buyer tried to push on you.
>>
>order a worn pair of valuable sneakers (worth around $900)
>get it shipped to an empty house down the road from mine
>open a case, claim that he sent me shitty lawn mowing shoes
>say the condition wasn't as pictured and he bait and switched me
>they ask me to send the product back for a refund
>send him my lawn mowing shoes
>ebay sides with me

never sell on eBay
>>
>>57168738
I'm all for admitting fault if I made a mistake, but there's too many strange details for me to think it was a coincidence.

How can you explain the "missing" protective cover? This was a week old account with only 1 private feedback.

This buyer has been hounding me with multiple messages every day for a week now. It's been over 24 hours since I asked for a photo of the serial number. They've been suspiciously silent today. We'll see how it pans out over the weekend. They only have until monday to respond with the S/N or the case closes..
>>
>>57166851
This OP

All you need to report them to the police
>>
>>57168846
>How can you explain the "missing" protective cover?

I'm not trying to explain anyone's behavior; it just doesn't seem like a plausible scam.

It would be better if you could just get in contact with the other buyer and find out what they received. eBay should display their phone number to you, so call them directly if you can't get any reply via email.
>>
>>57168849
Law enforcement from three different counties were no help investigating two hit and runs on my 3 month old car, nor did they intervene during an ex's suicide attempt that was broadcast on multiple social media sites. I have little faith in the police assisting with a small claims court issue across 1000 miles.
>>
>>57168929
I have already been in contact with them via email. They received an MBA with the same chassis(?) number as the one I had for sale, but missing the protective cover that I left on during shipment.

FYI, Apple regularly reuses five digit "chassis" codes across multiple years and configurations, so it's meaningless for determining specs or whether it was my MBA or not. Serial is only thing that's going to help there.
>>
>>57166005
Oh the stories a nursing home employee could tell you.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.