[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AWS Certification?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9666-e1433811469696.jpg (3MB, 3264x1942px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9666-e1433811469696.jpg
3MB, 3264x1942px
I'm applying for jobs around Seattle and most every position has "MAJOR PLUS - AWS EXPERIENCE." To date I don't have any. The firms I've worked for either had an in-house solution or believed in local servers only.

What's a reputable course or certification to GET GOOD in AWS? I'm in QA, so maybe closer to DevOps than a web developer's AWS needs.

Anything under $600/month for a course or certification isn't an issue.
>>
>>57165725
Polite bump. I figured /g/ was a better place to ask than Reddit.
>>
>>57165725
Why not just sign up for an AWS account, and dick around a little with the AWS CLI and API?
>>
>>57165725
Have you even looked? AWS offers its own certificates and provides information about them. Sign up for AWS and dick around with them, review the certificate material offered by Amazon and then branch out if you feel unsure or uncertain of your ability to pass their exams.
>>
>>57165925
I thought about that, but I've interviewed with Amazon in the past. If I have AWS on my CV, they'll ask at least as many battery questions as the Associate-level certification test.

Have you seen successful candidates who just dickered around?

>>57166086
Yes, and I'm glad they provide it. I wanted to study third-party before the official certification. I've applied to Amazon and I'd rather not have more than one attempt at the test on my record.
>>
linuxacademy
>>
>>57166097
* plan to apply to Amazon again in 12 to 24 months
>>
>>57165725
it's funny, i just got an offer from these faggots. not going to take it though their pay is poop compared to what i make now
>>
>>57166741
> Amazon pay is poop
I keep hearing that, but they're in the middle of a MAJOR hiring push. I'd hoped to get in while they're still desperate to build up teams. Nothing yet.
>>
>>57165925
Dicking around with AWS yourself is a MAJOR cry from being GOOD at it. I can do some AWS shit pretty decently myself, but I have colleagues who do things that blow my mind because they're been working with it inside the industry
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.