[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people choose linux over windows when windows is better ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1475607639614.png (167KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1475607639614.png
167KB, 348x342px
Why do people choose linux over windows when windows is better ?
>>
>>57165565
Because some people are autistic and retarded, some of them like to do things the harder way so they feel special.
>>
>>57165565
>muh freedumbs
>>
>>57165565
because your mother is a whore
>>
>>57165641
+1
>>
File: sK5QLIf.jpg (52KB, 432x797px) Image search: [Google]
sK5QLIf.jpg
52KB, 432x797px
>>57165565
I like it because it is better for development, free, I can edit the kernel, de, packages and what have you. I can also run newer and more secure versions on old hardware.
Also because I'm an autistic faggot.
>>
>>57165565
The only reason why i like linux is customization, besides that its garbage.
>>
I have both, but only use linux becaue windows is garbage.
>>
>>57166620
Why is it garbage?

also nice 666
>>
I like to use Linux because I can choose what programs I want to use. With Windows if you turn off the firewall, it turns back on automatically. With Windows they try to stop you from turning off Cortana and uninstalling Internet Explorer. I managed to take those programs off, but then after a windows update they were all back.

I like Linux because I can choose when I want to update, or if I don't want to update. Windows updates whether you want to or not.

I like Linux because it doesn't have a bunch of fucking adware. I click on the start menu on windows 10 and I see fifty fucking ads (or ''''tiles''''') for Xbox and Skype and all this garbage I certainly don't want.

I like Linux because I don't have to spend five hours uninstalling Microsoft Zune Music, Xbox Identity Provider, Bing Travel, Bing Health and Fitness, Bing Food and Drink, Microsoft People, Bing Finance, 3D Builder, Bing News, XboxApp, Bing Sports, Get Started, Office One Note, Bing Weather, BioEnrollment, Windows Store, Windows Phone, Cortana, Internet Explorer, and then uncheck hundred and hundreds of privacy settings that are automatically turned off
>>
>>57165565
Name one thing windows does better then Linux, excluding video games
>>
>>57165565
>>lgbt
>>
>>57165565
Better in screwing up my disks.
>>
>>57165565
why not using both? GNU/Linux for tasks Windows cannot do, and Windows for tasks GNU/Linux cannot do.
I personally prefer to do everything related to development and random stuff under GNU/Linux, but when it comes to audio and muh gaymes, I switch to Windows.

>>57166992
literally anything related to multimedia (audio and video)
I really wish GNU/Linux could do that so I could give up on Windows, alas it doesn’t.
>>
Software development on Windows is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>57165565
Different tool for different job.
>>
>>57166977
This so fucking much. Why does microsoft do this? This is impossible, it should be illegal.
>>
>>57165565
different tools for different jobs

stop asking stupid questions
>>
>>57166992
Video playback.
>>
>>57165565
Why do you add a space between the last word in the sentence and the final punctuation?

Kill yourself you third world nigger.
>>
>>57165565
Because snowflake complex.
>>
>>57165565
Windows is better for desktop use but not for everything else.
For server hosting GUI isn't necessary so I run Linux on my servers.
>>
>>57165565
Why is CTR employing anti-linux tactics on /g/ now?
>>
>>57165565
mremap

nuff said.
>>
File: 1330137266740.png (502KB, 1192x953px) Image search: [Google]
1330137266740.png
502KB, 1192x953px
>free
>cool points on internet forums
>easy to tinker with without needing to learn an actual programming language (bash scripts and config files: the joy of every amateur tinkerer and the bane-of-existence of every serious developer).
>many different flavors and aesthetic choices so you can feel like you're making serious decisions and argue about them on the internet
>>
>>57165565
Why do shills continuously start fud threads about operating systems that are more secure, reliable, capable, and private than Windows? Why does it always sound like they're reading from the same script? Just curious.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.