[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BEST WAY TO GET INTO THE TECH FIELD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey guys im trying to get a job in the tech field i have no certifications but going to school in January to get my A+ certification in February, I'd like to do help desk or audio visual stuff part time, i have experience in retail.
>>
>>57165076

Pursue a different line of work.
>>
>>57165076
>help desk
Hope you don't mean in a call centre environment. Did that for Blackboard for almost a year and it was fucking shit.

Get a LPI cert and hope to get on at some shit company as devops.
>>
do one of those programming boot-camps. worked for me.
>>
If you've built computers and installed/troubleshooted OSes before, then you probably don't need a class to pass A+, you just need any half decent self-study guide from the bookstore and professor messer. I passed it easily after self-studying for 1.5 months, and that was with me studying maybe 1-2 hours a day.

Also be forewarned, although you will probably be able to find a help desk job fairly easily with an A+ (A/V stuff not so much), and it arguably beats working retail, it isn't by much. Remote support can be pretty soul-crushing at times, especially if the help desk you're working at has a lot of call volume/doesn't do email or chat support. But, IF you stick through it, manage to not completely suck at your job (most help desks structure their work environment so that this is basically impossible as long as you make a bare minimum effort), and don't get complacent and keep on making an effort to learn about shit that goes above your pay grade, you can usually get out within a year and move on to much more lucrative and interesting IT support roles.
>>
Op here im mainly l9oking for help desk as a starting point before i get my certification, the dream is doing IT for a school district or freelance stuff.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.