[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Desktop Speaker Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: a2.jpg (4KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
a2.jpg
4KB, 250x202px
I like to listen to music while I work, and want some small desktop speakers. I listen at low volumes so output isn't important, but I'd like them to look nice and not be junky.

Any suggestions?

Was thinking of these Audioengine A2s..
http://audioengineusa.com/Store/A2-plus-Powered-Desktop-Speakers
>>
>>57158492
Post pricepoint
If not, I recommend beats by dre.
>>
>>57159111
Around 250. Self powered, compact. I'd prefer to spend less.
>>
Vanatoos are GOAT
>>
>>57159233
Those look really cool, but also really expensive. Like double my budget.
>>
>>57158492
Audioengine A2s are overhyped
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=605500
http://mackie.com/products/cr-series
lol my speakers just arrived right now
>>
Marc Vincents are good, get those.
>>
>>57159306
Thanks, those look interesting. The Mackie is a little too playmobile looking but the monoprice look cheap and like they'd do the job. Wish they had a 3" driver version like Audioengine though.
>>
>>57159285
I know. But you'll seriously never need speakers again and they sound like heaven.
>>
JBL LSR305
Super flat, great stereo imaging and directionality. Just edging over your price point though.
>>
>>57159572
I want a small speaker for my desk at work, not a giant horn loaded thing
>>
File: CambridgeS30.jpg (73KB, 793x713px) Image search: [Google]
CambridgeS30.jpg
73KB, 793x713px
>>57159159
>Self powered
bleh
enjoy tossing them out when the amp inevitably fails
and enjoy the noise of the amp when nothing is playing
>>
>>57159159
Mackie MR5's
You'll want something better eventually but these will still blow you away
>>
>>57160187
Better than cables with full-output power running through them susceptible to any nearby interference
Don't forget to wrap your TR cables in tinfoil
>>
>>57160237
wait, wait
you think that $250 speakers will be less susceptible to interference than passive?
thats exceedingly idiotic

how do you bring the audio to powered speakers?
by some jack cable, that carries extremely low amount of voltage.
and if surrounding environment is in fact producing some interference, then the low voltage signal would be much more influenced by it than higher power signal
thats why in studios they go even higher voltage, like XLR instead of RCA

anyway, jew nigger, shit doesnt matter one bit in practice when you are going from your PC to your desk
>>
>>57160384
But it does
>>
>>57160393
how?
>>
>>57160187
I'm looking for something for my desk at work. So, the reason I want small and self powered is because I can't be an autist and have a big DAC and an amp and some giant passive speakers. At home I can do that, but at work I'm just looking for something not-autistic that plays some music in the background.
>>
>>57161325
headers?
>>
>>57161336
?
>>
>>57160384
ever heard of balanced cables?, you talk of studios, try entering one. jeez

xlr higher voltage? what the fuck you on about m8,
>>
>>57163169
Not that anon, and don't pretend to know about studios, but I have noticed on monitors that accept both balanced and unbalanced cables, there is a switch for +4 and -10. It seems like the balanced signal is at a higher output, not sure if that is measured in voltage or impedence or what the +4 or -10 refer to.
>>
>>57163219
I'm not pretending, I know about them because I build them.

They refer to the sensitivity of the pre-amp input, just a bit of attenuation.
>>
>>57163219
impedance and voltage are not related in any way to your question, they are dB +/- or volume, in easy terms
>>
>>57163219
consumer gear vs pro gear historically, voltage does vary along with headroom etc.

set your output to 0 dB, then pick the one that doesn't distort your input,

Line level is line level, not matter what connector type you use, xlr, jack or anything else.
>>
>>57159794

i don't think the LSR305s are horn loaded

but the reason you avoid them is the noise floor (hhhHHHMMMMMM), the shitty plastic cabinet timbre, and the shoebox sound
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.