[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

windows 7 vs 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 4.jpg (2MB, 1437x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2MB, 1437x1080px
So let's say you get a laptop.
Let's say you get a powerful "gaming" laptop.
Yes, I know, but let's assume that there was no other option, it was a gift, drunk purchase, whatever.

Now. Said laptop comes with preinstalled Windows 10.
Being a /g/entleman of course you install gentoo (or, like, debian if you prefer), but you still want to play AAA games, so dualboot.

So here it is. Install Windows 7 or leave 10 as it is?
>>
>>57157368
get windows 10, get botnet
>>
Leave win10,most new AAA games require win10 anyways so you have no choice.
>>
>>57157392
>require
wat?
>>
>>57157368
10 and never use it for anything but games.

>>57157401
gears of war 4 and forza horizon 3 require the anniversary update.
>>
>>57157408
so literally nothing decent still requires windows 10
got it
>>
>>57157408
holy fuck, now that's a dick move, but gof is a microsoft title, so dumb shit like that was to be expected.
>>
>>57157424
>Shit taste
got it
>>
>>57157436
>forza
>memes of war
the only shit taste here is yours, kid
go back to your xbox
>>
>>57157408
hold up, so excluding microsoft games, everything should be good on win7?
>>
>>57157368
Being a /g/entleman of course I sell the abomination and buy a better device.
>>
>>57157455
w7 can't into dx12
>>
>>57157468
but none of the games in my steam lib can't either. might wait a year or 20 before installing win10 for microsoft and 3rd party devs to get their shit together.
>>
File: BLTowXEh6Ix.jpg (625KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
BLTowXEh6Ix.jpg
625KB, 1080x1349px
What is the best ~14'' gaymen laptop i can get?
>>
>>57157429
They did that so they could release to Xbone and 10 in the same store.

If you buy it, you get it for bone and 10, because it's a UWP application.

It's also DX12, which is 10-only.
>>
>>57157368
Win7, even if i can't get drivers for it i know that the clusterfuck of driver incompatibility from trying various drivers from internet will be more stable than Win10.

Aside from the botnet thing win10 UI is an inconsistent piece of shit overall that looks worse than the already outdated Aero, rapes my drive even if it's an SSD, and for some reason the font rendering got worse.

I'll gladly take not being able to run modern DX12 games if that means avoiding W10, even Linux from 2007 looks and behaves better than this shit tier OS made in PowerPoint.
>>
Put 7 on your laptop. Buy an xbone for the games that require DX12. Console games are better anyway.
>>
>>57157774
valid point, thanks.
>>
>>57157774
this
>>
>>57157368
What the fuck is your guys problem with W10? Like an almost delusional hatred of it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.