[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 20161018_202049_10190.jpg (195KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_202049_10190.jpg
195KB, 1080x1920px
A medium sized company hires you to create a offline software that runs on Linux, Windows and OsX, to control they're business. What language do you use? Why?
>>
>>57156815
I first tell them there's a fucking difference between "they're", "their" and "there", then I tell them to fuck off because I don't associate with people who cannot write proper English.
>>
>>57156815
>they're
Java. Because they will accept it without a hassle.
>>
Am I allowed to compile different builds for different OS'es? If not, an interpreter or a JIT language is the only option
>>
>>57156824
Autocorrect motherfucker, have you heard of it?
>>
>>57156846
Say you're allowed to, then what language?
>>
>>57156874
What do I care? If you can't control your auto-correct you can't control your business. And if you don't reread your own posts, you don't make sure you don't acquire stuff you don't actually need.
>>
>>57156824
Gramatically it's correct. Just some fucked up company that sells it's employees using a program that runs on windows, gnu+ linux and OSX
>>
SAP
>>
Assembly
>>
erlang
>>
>>57156915
Don't be mad, bro. Try to get some rest.
>>
brainfuck
>>
>>57156815
Python because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>57156815

All these C#/Java brogrammers need to get the picture loud and clear - C/C++ is the only way and it will never, ever die. If anything, it's Java/Rust/C#/D/Dart/whatever the fuck that will die before C/C++ ever does.
>>
Lazarus.

Write once, butthurt anywhere.
>>
>>57156953
this. You sell them on an ERP, make bank, and then charge them outrageous pricing as a consultant to implement, fix, and maintain in the future.

/thread
>>
>>57156815

Brainfuck
>>
>>57157107
>You sell them on an ERP
l-lewd
>>
>>57156815
Haskell
>>
>>57157107
Is that the same as doing it in C++/Java/etc and then stripping out all the comments or something?
>>
>>57156815
depends on what the app needs to do but most likely an electron dekstop app or a nodejs web app
>>
File: download (2).jpg (3KB, 214x150px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
3KB, 214x150px
>>57157041

YOU'RE NOT THE FUCKING BOSS OF ME!!
>>
>>57156826
But why use this versatile OO language that already runs on every platform ? You really should be using that functional low level language everyone used 10 years ago otherwise the big kids will think you are a joke.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.