[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ami the only one who hasn't had a single problem with Windows 10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

Ami the only one who hasn't had a single problem with Windows 10?
>>
>>57155522
as someone who doesn't use windows at all, I have no problem with it
>>
>>57155522
Nope. It's been working great for me, even though all I use it for is web browsing and video games.

Also have a HTPC running Solus which hasn't had any issues and a laptop running Fedora with mate, only issue with that was the stupid ass shit broadcom drivers
>>
I like it a lot.
>>
>>57155522
yes
>>
Nope, haven't had a single problem yet.
>>
>Boot up one day after normal shut down
>It's reverted itself to Windows 7
>The only program installed is Solitaire
What the actual fuck
>>
File: 1468056140545.jpg (1MB, 1888x2658px) Image search: [Google]
1468056140545.jpg
1MB, 1888x2658px
>>57156794
Really?
>>
I honestly only had problems with early versions of windows 10 not the current version.
>>
>>57155522
No
>>
>>57155522
>Ami the only one who hasn't had a single problem with Windows 10?
I never had a problem with Windows 10 because I stopped using NSA/Windows years ago :^)
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 474x412px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 474x412px
>>57155522
No, not really.
>>
>>57155522
Only issue I had was the start button would disappear. This happened during the first few weeks after installation. Installed classic shell (because I like the win7 start menu) and never had an issue since.
>>
>>57155522
No. I haven't had a problem at all.
>>
I've had no problems because I use GNU
>>
>>57155522
Only problem I have with it is that the "apps" eat resources out the ass. Like the skype app eats like 50% of my resources suddenly and the Plex app stutters.

This is on a high-end PC too.

Other than that it's completely fine since the "apps" are shit anyways and you should just use the deskop programs.
>>
if you disable the appstore, one drive, the xbox crap, install classic shell & turn of all privacy setting, it's not that bad. still, the only reason for using it is gaming
>>
I'm on Win 10 also due to Skylake + games, and to be honest, I'm not having problems system-wise.

Fast, stable, everything works etc.

But I cannot deny that for even a split second that Win 7 was a far better system for simplicity and logical sense.

I mean, what the flying fuck they had to implement a dual control panel, apps and desktop programs, and that horrific material design that even 3.11 was better even with the technology limitations.

Fuck those pajeets and M$ chasing trends like "apps" and material.
They sucked and still suck donkey D in the mobile section and mobile OSes, at least leave your flagship product alone.
but NOOOOOO
>>
>>57159108
install classic shell. that will solve most of the illogical issues of the interface. you can even use it to bring back the classic win7 start orb
>>
>>57159108
Im on skylake with w7. No issues whatsoever.
>>
>>57159108
FUCKING A, RIGHT! The update system is total garbage. They don't alert you when they are pushing firmware and if you have the pro docked it can brick the machine. I am also sick of every new God damn version changing the UI or moving config settings after I have already changed them and reverting them after major updates. It should be a bug fucking get clue to Microshaft that is programs like lighthouse are being made they are fucking up something fierce. And don't get me started on the wireless and power settings which only really work after you dick with the registry. Why the fuck should I need to alter my registry to keep the fucker from actually going to sleep after I already changed it once in the power options!? I'm still a die hard 7 proponent.
>>
People have been reporting bugs with the 2016 LTSB but I've never encountered any of them.
>>
>>57159735
Same. I don't think they are Windowing right.
>>
custom themes stopped working with 1607
>>
>>57155574
/thread
>>
>>57159173
Lucky you. My friend's skylake setup had difficulty installing w7 (when skylake was fairly new), we were forced to go w10 cuz f*** it
>>
>>57159775
Im sorry you had issues, I also bought it at release tho.
>>
>>57159775
Just burn the .iso to dvd. Problem solved.
>>
I'm having my regrets coming from Windows 7.

First thing that happened was my W10 decided to slow the fuck down. I'd turn it on (this took 15 seconds because of SSD) and things would run normally for about 3 minutes. Then things would slow to a damn near halt that I was taking me 5 minutes to change my Playback Devices. Did a system restore to the day I installed and things have been going much better.

Now, I'm having minor issues. My playback device is permanently my audio jack regardless of what I set the default device to (have to put the PC to sleep and awake it to get my default device to play). And even going through control panel, certain parts are REALLY slow. And this is all running on a Samsung 850 PRO.

Besides the bullshit, I'm liking windows 10.
>>
>>57159237
Yep I forgot to tell about the fucking updates.

Really, I like how the OS works fine, my machine is really responsive but M$ got really heavy on adding bullshit as "features".

I really don't get it.
To me Win7 was the top refinement of the interface they started with Windows 95. Also a rock-solid OS and everyone supported it.

Then they had to do this travesty of interface and shit apps because they HAD to innovate in some way. But boy they shitted on that.
Material design seems like they had 12 years old making UI elements with MS Paint.
Fuck Material man. Like Metro, you don't have to follow trends every fucking time for every fucking software.
Mobile UI HAVE to be simple, because are just entertainment and internet terminal shitboxes. Computers are for work, keep em more specialized no? No.

Apps because duh, Pic related "we already bite the dust everywhere else let's modify Windows so we're cool and trendy also".
So I have to look in two places for what is installed and what not in my computer.

Jesus Christ
>>
Installed windows 10 on a pc from like 2005. Runs great and much more quickly than any other OS I had on it. I use to be big with windows 7 but ran slow on that bitch because only 1gb ram. Windows 10 installed easily and updated everything without me needed to do any work.

On my gaming laptop I only ever had 2 issues. MSI has a SCM to control some things and it just has an issue with bluetooth turning on and off. Also Bully crashes occasionally, but I had that issue on windows 7 as well.

Other than that windows 10 makes things a lot easier in cases. I hook up printers in seconds without having issues that windows 7 always gave me with wireless printers.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.