[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Film-editing program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Looking for your thoughts on the various film-editing programs out there (I'm on windows)

Getting back into making short films now and it's been awhile since I've used any editing programs. I used Sony Vegas back when I used to edit; is it still the standard?
>>
>>57154787
Vegas is still around, but the industry standard nowadays is Adobe Premiere.

You can't simply buy Adobe applications anymore, now it's all based in the cloud and you have to pay a monthly subscription. Pretty crappy.
>>
>>57154818
PS: I should mention that if you're doing freelance you can use whatever the hell you want because all programmes basically do the same thing. But if you're working for any sort of production company, you're gonna use Premiere. The hotkeys are different amongst all the programmes, so with that brings a steep learning curve.
>>
>>57154848
I'm an amateur actually. I'm just curious about the best program as I don't want to repeat my mistake of learning 1 program and realizing i don't like it.

>>57154818
Are there previous versions of premiere that were downloadable (read as torrentable)?
>>
>>57154787
When was Vegas ever the standard?
>>
>>57155369
>When was Vegas ever the standard?
Never. Back in the 2006 era most folks used FCP. Vegas enjoyed some limited use amongst freelance before then however.

>>57155256
I've never tried, but the Adobe Cloud apps are known to be kind-of hard to crack. You could get the CS5 versions pretty easily though.
>>
>>57154787

There should be a video thread on /p/.
>>
>>57155369
I'm not really sure why I thought that was true.

>>57155476
Cheers.

>>57155419
Cool, i'll check out cs5 since i really don't need cutting edge tech
>>
>>57154787
Most of the Windows NLEs are expensive as fuck, so you better find a good tracker.

My personal preference is Final Cut Pro since it's only $300, but you would need to invest in a Mac.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.