[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that OCRing printed documents is not a proper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cryptolocker-100222101-orig.png (85KB, 745x584px) Image search: [Google]
cryptolocker-100222101-orig.png
85KB, 745x584px
Daily reminder that OCRing printed documents is not a proper backup system

You do backups ... don't you?
>>
File: 2016-10-19_21-20-09.png (7KB, 777x147px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-19_21-20-09.png
7KB, 777x147px
>>57152885
all day erry day
>>
>>57152885
Everything important exists in at least two different places, yes. But my giant pile of media doesn't. you reminded me I should probably make that read-only when accessed over the network from windows machines.
>>
what is some easy to use backup solution ?
>>
>>57153000
rsync script. why make it complicated.
>>
>>57153000
rsync + cron if you're looking to homebrew
carbonite, mozy, or cloudberry if you're looking for a paid solution
>>
>>57152959
>Encrypt a backup job to protect backup images to securely protect data

>encrypting a backup job protects that job's data

Found the PHB
>>
>>57153043
>imblying you know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>57153091

>implying encrypted data can't be re-encrypted by ransomware
>>
>>57153111
that'd be what the offsite copies in triplicate are for, but please, keep telling me more about how to do my job.
>>
>>57153125

>he uses offsite copies in triplicate because he gets malwared

I'm not that guy but you're a fucking retard and you have no idea about how to do your job. How about you don't get malwared in the first place dumbass?
>>
>>57153125
>keeping three offsite copies
>encrypted data can't be re-encrypted

Keep your job as long as you can, pal - you ain't easily finding another
>>
how do you even get a crypto locker? i have only ever seen one and it was because the persons kid was playing on flash games and clicked an ad how do you get one without doing something irresponsible?
>>
>>57153243

Drive-by malware also afflicts the responsible
>>
>>57153262
i have never encountered drive-by malware though its probably cause i use very strict ad block
>>
>>57152885
would they accept 300 rupees?
>>
Not that I owe you fucks any kind of explanation, but maybe I poorly phrased it.
When I say in triplicate, I mean we have three sites. A, B, and C.
All the servers back up to their local server, then replicate nightly to another branch. A to B, B to C, and C to A. I'm well aware that the backup files CAN be re-encrypted, but they're stored on a server that is off-domain and locked the fuck down so that clients have no access to it, even with domain admin rights.

Beyond that, we do quarterly audits and restore tests to make sure our backups aren't encrypted and that we have solid sets.

As for not getting malwared, that's on the customer, not me. We usually do our due diligence, disable .exes from temp folders and scan incoming attachments. Other than that, nmfp.
>>
>surfing "itstechnicallylegal.ru" on your work and family life machine

Nah, never had a cryptokike.
>>
>>57152885
Sure, here's 300 RDP.
>>
#justwindowsproblems
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.