/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C or C++? Java or C#? Python or Javascript?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 1250.jpg (84KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1250.jpg
84KB, 800x800px
C or C++?

Java or C#?

Python or Javascript?
>>
Sepples
Java
JS
>>
>>57149463
1. Depends on project
2. Depends on project
3. Depends on project

wow, nice question, anon
>>
>>57149514
Nope

>>57149463
C C C C 
C C
C C
C C C C
>>
c and python.
>>
>>57149672
I meant
C C C C
C
C
C C C C

My brain skipped a neural pulse
>>
C++
Java
Suicide
>>
File: 1465148892945.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465148892945.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
>>57149463
C
C#
Python
>>
c++
c++
c++
>>
Don't want to start a new thread. I want to make web browser games like shit from mini clip? How do i go about making them? I only work nights and have all my morning to dedicate myself to something. I want to make basic games at first and host them on my website. Also what os is best to do this on?
>>
>>57150128
GNU is the best OS, so install Debian. It's simple, efficient and Ubuntu is based on it so you will find lots of support.

Javascript is currently the only language you could use to make web games (flash is dying and retarded, don't waste your time with it). Pick one engine on this list https://html5gameengine.com/ and start crafting whatever you want to do while learning.

I haven't tried but this look interesting:
https://www.codecademy.com/learn/javascript
http://htmldog.com/guides/javascript/beginner/
and more, try search engines.

Also, lots of programmers (including myself) don't like webdevs for a reason. You have to be aware than when scripting, you're actually letting other developers fixing your own problems through libraries and framework, which is actually bad for learning.

If you're bored, you can always try this book: "The C programming language 2nd edition". Good luck.
>>
>>57150316
Thanks man that was more helpful than my last 10 Google searches
>>
I've got no xp wih c++
C#
Python
>>
>>57149463
Both
Java
Anything that isn't Javascript
>>
File: 1476805896848.jpg (62KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1476805896848.jpg
62KB, 620x413px
>>57149463
C
Java
JS
>>
there is literally no reason to take java over C# nowadays.
>>
>>57149463
C, C#, Python
>>
>>57149463
> C or C++?
D
> Java or C#?
D
> JavaScript or Python?
D
>>
>>57149986
/thread
>>
>>57149463

At the end of the day...it's all just C. But >>57149514 is right.

Don't use a hammer to cut wood.
>>
>>57149463
>C or C++
Unless you're doing embedded, use C++ but write C-style code (iostream and the like are horrifically bloated, but classes and function overloading have their uses).

>Java or C#?
C# is a better language, but it's unfortunately tied to Microsoft and their non-portable .NET nonsense.

>Python or Javascript?
Python; JS has better syntax but lacks portable input methods unless you pair it with HTML

>>57150316
Unity engine uses JS?
>>
>>57151268
Is D good? I came across a book about it not long ago, and I've never heard of it. What's it used for?
>>
>>57149463
C
C#
Python
>>
>>57153567
UnityScript is a version of JS Unity uses.
It also uses C# which a lot of people use.
>>
C
Java I guess
Python

I value simplicity over needless complexity.
>>
>>57151268
Someone wants the D
>>
>>57149463
none. learn Go
>>
>>57149463
C, C# and neither.
>>
C
Java
Python

Any other answer is retarded.
>>
>>57149463
C++ is shit
JS is shit
>>
>>57149463
c
java (It's actually cross platform)
perl
>>
>>57149463
Yes
>>
You should probably learn all of them. Except maybe C.
>>
>>57154073
Take a (you) my good man.
>>
C
C#
Javascript
C++ is overengineered C
Java is too full of legacy structuring garbage
Python is for retards
>>
>>57153567
>non-portable .NET nonsense
They've converted .NET framework to open source via Mono forever ago.
MS wants everybody using their stuff, which is part of the reason they're making UWP and integrated a linux subsystem to W10

The only reason people on OSX/Linux don't have Mono installed like they do Java is because there isn't 15 years of backlogged horseshit that every developer founded software on. Give it another 5 years and you'll see a lot more Mono requirements
>>
>>57153947
start here: https://tour.golang.org
it won't take much time.
seriously, just do it.
>>
>>57149463
C++, C#, Python
>>
>>57149463
C
Java (don't fall for the C# meme)
Python
>>
>>57154147
It's over, Microsoft won
>>
>>57149463
CCCC C
C C
CCCCCCC
C C
C CCCC
>>
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
$ Java Java Java Java $
$ Java JavaScript Java $
$ Java JavaScript Java $
$ Java Java Java Java $
$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
>>
>>57149463
>C or C++
C is a subset of C++, so C++
>Java or C#
C# is Microsoft's Java clone. Learn the original, be closs-platform: Java
>Python or Javascript
One is the language of the web, the other is a scripting language only. That being said, unlike the previous two, I'd say: Both. Javascript first, but take a few days to try Python out afterwards. You might just be one of those whitespace-sensitive loving faggots.
>>
>>57154298
>https://tour.golang.org
What's GO even competitive for? What's its niche?
>>
>>57156160
Literally the C# of google
>>
>>57156160
>>57156739
not really, go is compiled so it has a very clear speed advantage over something like c#.

I can't remember its specific advantages but I believe it was designed with availability and cluster processing in mind

languages like go and scala are the future desu
>>
File: Hakase01.png (689KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hakase01.png
689KB, 1000x1000px
>>57149463
>C or C++?
C with Classes (only OOP when you gotta, but don't deny the OOP just because OOP). I compile as C++, but I prefer to stick with C functions and stuff, and then throw in a class here and there when needed. I almost never use namespaces throughout.

>Java or C#?
Java. I don't really know C#, but I don't think I really care to, since you can't use it everywhere.

>Python or Javascript?
IDEK Python, but from what I have seen people post on this board, it looks like shit.
JS is also pretty bad unless you use libraries (then you can do cool shit, but it's still annoying as fuck to debug), but for Asynch Web, it's necessary, and since I do Web Dev, not much of a choice.
It's not absolutely terrible, though... I've seen much worse.

How bout I throw in a question for you, though?
Visual BASIC or Batch? Try and answer that one lmfao.
>>
>>57156143
Whoa... holy shit, lol, Python is Whitespace sensitive??
That's gay as fuck
>>
>>57156825
>Only OOP when you gotta, but don't deny the OOP just because OOP
That's a good point desu. I'm a FP programmer mostly but sometimes, when I need an API to be exposed, OOP has its use. The point is OOP is inherently bad for algorithms.

>>57149463
>C or C++?
C

>Java or C#?
None of them.

>Python or Javascript?
Definitely Haskell.
>>
>>57149463

>C or C++?
C
Because C++ is not worth the huge effort you need to put in before you git gud.

>Java or C#?
Java
Because muh bot.net

>Python or Javascript?
Both
They have differnt applications, i.e. Python backend, JS frontend
>>
>>57149698
yup
>>
>>57156828

It's painful as hell for an oldfag C/C++ programmer. You basically manage branching and conditionals with whitespace.

Haskell did it better.
>>
>>57157173
Oh wow...
That sounds terrible.
I'd hate to do that.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.